+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 11/19 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/19 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

At the end Irena says, "I can't believe I'm like a Project Runway winner. It's crazy. That's insane." Well, we agree. We can't believe it either. It is crazy and insane. Hubby said she put out an impressive line of fetish wear.

I also hated how "meana Irena" treated her "assistant." Without Gordana's help, Irena was so behind she never would have finished,, and yet all she did was bark orders at her and take all the credit for all the work that "I"rena had to do, although it was actually Gordana doing so much of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3754062;
    Irina, I don't get it with the weird hat designs, who would wear these hats and some of the clothing she designed. This is not reality to think people would actually buy, wear her clothing.
    Hubby said about the hats that Star Wars called and wants its outfits back. Remember princess Amadala (sp?) The judges justified their decision by saying she had a definite clientele in mind, but really, we did not invest all that time watching this show all season only to see the winner produce a line that is only suited to whores and fetish enthusiasts.

In all the collections we were dismayed at the ridiculous, hideous skinny* pants and wide shoulder pads. Oh, God, please deliver us all from a return to dismal early 90s looks - that goes for harem pants too!!! The only thing they're missing is stirrups on their leggings. Ack, btw, I hated what Carol Hannah wore herself. The leggings with the dress were horrible, and the big bow on her shoulder, which looked fantastic on her 13th piece (the most beautiful outfit from any of the collections, although it could only be worn by someone with no body fat), was horrible on the hideous one-shoulder thing she was wearing. Add one-shoulder tops to my list of things I pray will not be a trend. I have seen too many of them on this show, and they are awful.

*Don't they know there are basically no skinny people in America now, except maybe drug addicts? All the young people I see have "muffin tops" and general layers of blubber. We weren't like that, but then again we were young before they started putting high fructose corn syrup and trans fats in everything. When the judges said Althea had a "street" view, perhaps she is more in touch with making something that might hide some of the blubber - although she also had some skinny pants.
    Last edited by Harvest; 11-20-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3754062;
    Carroll Hannah, like her designs the best. Althea, her pants were all nicely made.

Irina, I don't get it with the weird hat designs, who would wear these hats and some of the clothing she designed. This is not reality to think people would actually buy, wear her clothing.
    The hats are very reminiscent of Jillian's collections two or three seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3754075;
    *Don't they know there are basically no skinny people in America now, except maybe drug addicts? All the young people I see have "muffin tops" and general layers of blubber. We weren't like that, but then again we were young before they started putting high fructose corn syrup and trans fats in everything. When the judges said Althea had a "street" view, perhaps she is more in touch with making something that might hide some of the blubber - although she also had some skinny pants.
    Excuse me but I DO take exception to that remark. I am 50 years young, the mother of 2 adult children, weigh 95 pounds & wear a size zero. I am not a drug addict nor am I anorexic. I take care of my body, eat healthy, & exercise. I actually wish I could gain a few pounds to be able to wear a size 2 or 4.

Sorry no muffin top or blubber on this body. Today I am wearing skinny leg pants at work in a size 2 ewcih are big on me.

With that said, I would wear most of Carol Hannah's collection. I absolutely LOVED her first dress.
    While I could wear what Irina & Althea designed I can't picture myself wearing most of it. The sleeves on those sweaters were way too long. I can't imagine eating wearing them without the sleeves falling in the food but then again I guess skinny people never eat...sigh...

I did forget about the overly long sleeves from 2 of the designers. The one who said she was inspired by the future - we wondered, a future where people have tentacles they need to cover? Those sleeves were ridiculous.

I don't like that Irina won, I thought Carol Hannah should have won. I do think it's funny that Irina had to keep her mouth shut about winning for so long due to the Bravo/Lifetime legal issues. Must have been torture for someone who so easily spouts off about anyone and everyone.

I'm looking forward to Season 7. This season bored me to tears.

I really like Carol Hannah's first dress, the one with the different colors in front going diagonally accross.

Althea's pants were very nice but you have to be very slim to wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3754104;
    I did forget about the overly long sleeves from 2 of the designers. The one who said she was inspired by the future - we wondered, a future where people have tentacles they need to cover? Those sleeves were ridiculous.
    My SIL commented that the sleeves made the model look like Squidward
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3754075;
    *Don't they know there are basically no skinny people in America now, except maybe drug addicts? All the young people I see have "muffin tops" and general layers of blubber.
    Although there are a lot of overweight people in this country, I also think there are a lot of people who tie themselves to a particular clothing size and then don't bother to look in the mirror. A person may decide they are a size 6 no matter what and end up walking around with a "muffin top" when they could put on an 8 and look fantastic. I would also like to note that a person does not have to be a size 0-2-4 to be fit and healthy. I'm 5'8" and I know what is healthy for me, if I could fit into a size that small I would have an eating disorder.

old cow

PR Season 6 =

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;3753904;
    I caught that. How rude of Heidi. She could have used some positive adjective for milady.
    Well, it wasn't the first time this season that Heidi was rude. I don't think she knew how to be nice to Gordana-- the person I think truly deserved to be at Bryant Park. BTW, I probably would've walked out on Irina, if she treated me like she did Gordana.

I am no fan of Irina as a person: rude, condescending, selfish, really came across as cold, calculated and caring about no one but herself.

However, I decided to try hard to judge the final shows on fashion and the showmanship alone, not personalities.

Carol Hannah was an easy choice for winner to me. Creative and interesting, yet most all were wearable with minor changes for the market as opposed to the runway. She put on a good show and to me they all seemed to "belong."

I think Irina put on a pretty good show, but way too much black to hold interest, and although those hats looked like riding helmets gone wrong, I thought they added something. She was creative, although there was too much repetitiveness for me.

I thought Althea's show was pretty boring and not as creative overall as the other two. I did think hers was wearable by any overly skinny person, but not by the average public.

+ Reply to Thread