+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 11/19 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/19 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

After seeing all three collections I had to admit that the winner would have to be a toss up between Carol Hannah and Irina. I was slightly leaning toward Carol Hannah. I was very surprised when Carol Hannah was placed third behind Althea. I get the impression Irina won because while her collection lacked color, it was cohesive and she knows how to put on a show. I am sure I am missing a lot of the detail in Irina's collection because it is all black.

I am so glad this season is over.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I can't believe the witch one. One bright spot is that her model won. I really liked her model. Not the designer. I really liked Carol Hannah's collection except for the upside down triangle dress. I liked Altheas collection okay. Irina's was the worst. Boring Boring boring. I can't believe she won.

I just realized that this season didn't have a reunion. Didn't all of the Bravo PR seasons have a reunion show -- and most of them a fan favorite award given out? I wonder if it was due to the legal issues and not being sure when the show would air or if Lifetime will continue not to have one? It was always one of my favorite parts of the PR season and now that's gone too!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Newbie

I kept saying to myself as I watched this season, I just hope that Irina does not win. Oh well. She was unpleasant most of the season and I just can't see her having a hugely successful career. Of course the same could be said for several of the previous winners. On to next season.

Well, I thought all three did a great job. I enjoyed all three collections. I was rooting for Carol Hannah but I liked Altheas' and Irina's collections the best. I think. Perhaps, because I could see myself wear many many of their looks. I remember saying whoa...now that's sharpppppppppp. I'd wear that...mmmmhmmm. Carol Hannah has a great name for fashion and she does formal gowns very well. So, I couldn't pick a winner. I really don't know if Althea is a copycat but I will say if so...sometimes she does better than Ireina. Ireina was my fav during the season but her attitude was turning me off. I know if Irina said she was a Georgian immigrant anytime today I was going to puke!

I also couldn't see their clothes very well. I don't know if it was because the colors were dark or the way the cameraman kept panning to the audience. I swear the model walks were hyperspeed. I also agree many models could not walk worth a darn and at the end of the runway they didn't showcase the clothes long enough before retreating. I think Althea's models were the best or maybe that was Irina's. ?? Carl Hannah had the worst models imo. However, all 3 Project Runway models did a lovely job. I wish their win was not based on which designer won but on each individuals modeling ability. Honestly, I wouldn't have selected Kalyn as the best model. I don't think. Yeah. we lost some really good models just because their designer lost. If we had criteria to judge them on then I think Models of the Runway would make more sense. Were any eliminated models from the show in the finale? If not then I think some of them should have been selected before open calls.

Anyhoo. I really need to see the runway portion again and a closeup of each garment.

I may change my opinion after I rewatch for a second time.

It's on now.

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;3753890;
    I know if Irina said she was a Georgian immigrant anytime today I was going to puke!
    So funny! My sister travels a lot for business and has only seen a handful of shows this season but even she said that if Irina said one more time that she was from the Georgian Republic that she was going to scream.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I'm watching the reboot too.

And I love Marc Bouwer as a designer but surely he was kidding when he said that this was one of the strongest finalist collections of PR thus far.

okay... I was right the cameraman did a horrible job. I liked more of Carol Hannah's pieces the second time around. I like many of Althea's pieces. I liked Irina's but some were too bondage looking. I love her details and knitwear but some things I know I wouldn't wear because they were a bit too apocolyptic for me. I'm going to stick with Althea for wearability.

The surprise 13th look was borrowed from Season 2 and I'm not sure why the judges are surprised that they stand out because even though they don't have much time to throw it together, they have the help of another designer. I still remember Daniel V's extra look -- a very sleek Calvin Klein-like sheath that was minimalistic and stunning all at the same time. I think my beloved Nick Verreos helped him but I can't remember for sure.

+ Reply to Thread