+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/05 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/05 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3744724;
    No big surprise, really. It was clear that Gordana would never make it to fashion week, Heidi had something against the poor gal. Christopher is talented, but he's not ready.

I could care less about the F3. I loathe Irina, so I can't even root for her to win. I guess I hope that Althea or Carol Hannah win it all.

Let's just move on to season 7....
    Have to agree with this...Gordana: I think it was clear from early on that Heidi (although saying she would "wear" her fashions) did not like Gordana, I think if someone would have stepped up and helped Gordana with her personal image, it would have been a different F3. I thought Gordana made quite a few pieces that I would love to own.

Irina I too loathe Irina, her self absorbed, snooty attitude has worn extremely thin for me, should she ever get her own clothing line I don't believe I would support purchasing them after watching her on this show. And what was with the little sappy crying about being an immigrant..gimme a break...

Carol Hannah: I LOVE carol Hannah's attitude and clothing she has designed, for the most part they are classic, sophisticated, youthful and absolutely adorable. I would definately purchase her line of clothing. I am rooting fro a Carol Hannah finish.

Althea: I think she is "fashion" "In one day and out the next"...I love that she stood their and defended her outfit (which to me looked like the same thing Irina designed the week before..but hey what do I know) abviously Heidi & Co like Althea as they "defended" what she did...hhmmmm

Christopher: The poor guy has some great ideas, just can't seem to get them to fruition, work on your craft a little more.

I think, as with any of these types of shows, who you like or what you like comes down to personal taste/style. It will be interesting to see what these 3 are capable of for fashion week when the stakes are cranked a bit!

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

So very predicatable, as everyone else has said. I'm rooting for Carol Hannah to win, her dresses are always beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkykatt;3744619;
    Move the show back to NY, where, I think, there was more edginess.
    This season was boring, that's for sure but I'll tune in again.

I didn't know what to watch, this or Survivor (I have Dish so both shows are on at 7pm for me), since both really lacked in entertainment this time.
    I don't think where the show was located has anything to do with the edginess or creativity of the designers!? It's the DESIGNERS that make the show what it is....The designers this season just didn't have much of the WOW factor...whether they were in LA or NY, wouldn't have made much of a difference. The LOCATION wasn't in a factor, IMO.

I have to agree that I am not nearly as interested in seeing collections from the designers that are left. I would still prefer to see what Epperson or Ramon would have put out at Bryant Park!!! I have been a little bored with Gordana's designs also this season, but I just loved her dress last night. It was lovely and I think it is a shame she got the boot on her best design this season, especially considering that monstrosity that Althea sent down the runway!!

I cannot complain too much about Christopher going home. He has been grating on my nerves with his beauty queen crying. And the last night he said something about being a small-town-boy. The show always notes that he is from Shakopee, MN. That is a suburb of the Twin Cities just west of the Mall of America - it's FAR from being a tiny rural farming community!! I really did like his ideas, but I think getting a bit of formal fashion design education would really polish him up!

Of the designers left, I am rooting for Carol Hannah to win.

I really wonder what goes on behind the scenes at Project Runway, since the judges really can't base their decisions on the entire season because none of the judges except Heidi was there the entire season. I guess it's really Project Heidi - does she have a fiduciary interest in the show now? She used to be just the host but now she's the host, judge, producer, etc. and resident meanie. Ick. And if her own wardrobe is an indication of her level of taste, that explains the decisionmaking that selected Althea over Gordana.

old cow

I really wonder what goes on behind the scenes at Project Runway, since the judges really can't base their decisions on the entire season because none of the judges except Heidi was there the entire season
    Oh yea i agree totally. Only Heidi was there all season and yea i agree that she just didnt seem to like Gordana. If the decision of Bryant Park was based on just last nite's dress then yea i would be steamed Gordana went home but again i agree that the right people went forward.

FORT Fogey

I thought a major issue was changing so many judges week to week vs. only 1 guest. With Nina and Kors + Heidi, there are 3 opinions (and 2 that Heidi respects, so it's not simply the Heidi show and taste). They should move it back to NY only so both can attend every judging.

Carol should win. I have not really liked many of Irina's designs (and hated the Aspen look - so 70s-80s), and her final outfit? looked like a draped sheet to me (like a light green outfit of the angels running around in heaven from that show Charmed, or the outfits from Heaven Can Wait - up in heaven), what took her two days to do?? She got rid of the fur, so what was so great?

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3744761;
    I don't think where the show was located has anything to do with the edginess or creativity of the designers!? It's the DESIGNERS that make the show what it is....The designers this season just didn't have much of the WOW factor...whether they were in LA or NY, wouldn't have made much of a difference. The LOCATION wasn't in a factor, IMO.
    IMO it makes a huge difference. Fashion Week is always in NY, Mood had to open an outpost store (with a smaller selection of fabric than what's in the flagship store) in LA, and most importantly, both Nina and Michael primary jobs are based in NY.

With that said, there were designers that didn't get second chances, and designers that got WAY too many chances, which makes a difference, I think.

I haven't even watched the last few shows and after seeing the dresses this morning I'm angry. Gordana's Va-jay-jay dress was beautiful, and they wouldn't...couldn't give her the win she deserved because how could they justify not making her Final Three? They didn't even give her the respect they gave Jerrell (crown her the winner this week but have everyone compete to be in the final show). Instead, those cowards named no one the winner, and sent her home. I'm just disgusted.

Sorry...still doesn't cut it for me...Michael and Nina not being there affects the JUDGING..but NOT the boring designs...that is still the designers.

The last minute friendship between Irina and Gordana seemed odd, but saying that, it isn't so odd after all, I guess. Both are from places where 'making it' isn't easy to say the least. Neither was born in the U.S. They've come a long way, to use another tired phrase. But still, it seemed a bit desperate on Gordana's part: as if she copied Irina's personality a bit, to gain acceptance from her. That's how it seemed to me, at least.

As for the final three, they are who I thought would be there. Gordana's bridal gown makeover and final challenge dresses were both gorgeous. It's just too bad she didn't design at that level every time. She might've gone instead of Althea.

I think the three strongest designers were chosen for Bryant Park, though.

And I can finally stop asking myself, "Who's Christopher sleeping with?!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast