+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 10/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee;3723562;
    Ah, thanks for clarifying, I missed that, although I did hear something about acetate.
    Ooops...I was wrong. Shirin said it was polyester and not worth dyeing. Irina is the one who listed acetate as one of the three fabrics in the dress. But, I guess the point is that Shirin decided not to dye or attempt to dye the fabric.

Re spoiler -
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think that will be the case. Irina, Carol Hannah and Althea. Here's hoping Carol Hannah takes it all the way.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Speaking from experience - no, Polyester doesn't take dye - much. You can get it to take even an over-the-counter dye such as Rit, but you'll only get a hint of color. Barely a pastel.

I don't think Charlie would have liked a pastel much more than she liked the dress she got!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3724201;
    Ooops...I was wrong. Shirin said it was polyester and not worth dyeing. Irina is the one who listed acetate as one of the three fabrics in the dress. But, I guess the point is that Shirin decided not to dye or attempt to dye the fabric.

Re spoiler -
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think that will be the case. Irina, Carol Hannah and Althea. Here's hoping Carol Hannah takes it all the way.
    I believe Shirin say you cannot dye polyester.

Who is John Galt?

Logan, Logan, Logan that outfit was terrible! What happened? Usually his outfits are okay - either sporty or sexy, but that was awful. I would hate to see him go because it gives me a weekly dose of straight male eye candy (not often seen on this show). In fact, I am beginning to think straight males just don't have the flare as evidence by other "tokens" of past seasons. This will probably be all ladies slugging it out at the end. Of the remaining males, only Christian has the talent to go the distance but some of his creations have been really bad. That "thing" he stuck that poor woman with this week was just as bad as Logan's - better made, but just as horrid.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I also was tired of Shirin's whining this week. Yes, she didn't have much fabric to work with, and Yes, her client was awful (Cher/feathers/headdress/miniskirt really??) BUT enough already!!!
    She could easily have bought some fabric in another color and did something to combine the new fabric with the old... I think they could buy up to 2 or 3 yards?? That would have doubled the amount of fabric she had to work with.
    Personally, I thought the dress that she sent down the runway wasn't much different than what she started with... she added stitching, shortened it, and added a colored tie on the back.
    I too really liked Carol Hannah's outfit, and was surprised she was not in the top 3... when Heidi asked her to step forward, I thought she was having the top3/bottom3 step up, and was very surprised when she announced this was the "safe" group.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3726475;
    I also was tired of Shirin's whining this week. Yes, she didn't have much fabric to work with, and Yes, her client was awful (Cher/feathers/headdress/miniskirt really??) BUT enough already!!!
    She could easily have bought some fabric in another color and did something to combine the new fabric with the old... I think they could buy up to 2 or 3 yards?? That would have doubled the amount of fabric she had to work with.
    Personally, I thought the dress that she sent down the runway wasn't much different than what she started with... she added stitching, shortened it, and added a colored tie on the back.
    I too really liked Carol Hannah's outfit, and was surprised she was not in the top 3... when Heidi asked her to step forward, I thought she was having the top3/bottom3 step up, and was very surprised when she announced this was the "safe" group.
    Agree with everything you said. I thought Shirin's outfit looked almost the same and was shocked she was one of the favorites.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3726731;
    Agree with everything you said. I thought Shirin's outfit looked almost the same and was shocked she was one of the favorites.
    The producers gave Shirin a top 3 spot b/c of all the "struggle" she went thru and they thought the viewing audience would be rootin' for her. Little did they know that most of us would tire of her incessive whinning

Thats one of the things thats really pissing me off about this season. The sooo obviously manipulated edited and judging, the higher ups on this show keeping the designers with the most drama, give them the most screen time, and keep them around forever (i.e. Nicolas) while good designers (Epperson) get booted off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567