+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3717006;

Carol Hannah continues to impress with her designs. And she has a more down to earth attitude and personality than Irina. It could be down to these two at Bryant Park, which would be fascinating. Who do you think will be the third?
    Interesting take, Ariel. I don't see Irina or Chris not showing in Bryant Park. My personal 3rd would be Epperson but that slot could go to Carol Hannah.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3716828;
    I missed the episode but looked at the pictures from the challenge. I didn't like the neckline on the winners dress. I actually didn't like the dress at all. Most of them I actively disliked. Of the top three, I only liked Carol's (but I would get rid of the scarf). Of the bottom three, I liked Epperson's the best, but that fabric did look cheap.
    Allie, I thought Irina's dress looked much better on the runway than it photographed. You still might not have liked it but just wanted to add my 2 cents on that and I didn't think Epperson's or Chris' were that bad compared to other designs that were -- as you said -- easily actively disliked.

I thought Logan's and Althea's should have easily been in the bottom along with Louise/Nicolas.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3716789;
    He was safe due to immunity, that's the only reason. Based on Heidi's comments he'd been eliminated IMHO had he not had the immunity.

And, personally, the fact he just assisted IMHO was more because he knew he was safe and didn't care. Unfortunately, again my opinion, all he did was raise a red alert on Heidi and them and think that he's coasting when he's safe, so if he has a poor outfit in the future and has no immunity, he just increased his chances of being eliminated because they'll remember this dress.
    Yea your right. I didnt think about Nic. immunity until after i posted.

Good observation on coasting i do hope your right....grrrr he is just a butt and not a funny, talented butt like Santino! No hes a no talent, cliche' butt.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3717012;
    Interesting take, Ariel. I don't see Irina or Chris not showing in Bryant Park. My personal 3rd would be Epperson but that slot could go to Carol Hannah.
    Kinda think maybe Althea deserves a spot at Bryant Park as well. Maybe Irina, Althea, and Epperson or Christopher.

I like C.H. and she has good designs but she has yet to wow me yet so kinda dont think she'll make it

Kao

Finally saw this episode (hurray) and I think that Epperson needs to teach Irina and Nicholas a few things about being part of a team. And Class.

As usual, Nicholas pranced around the workroom telling everyone else about his concerns about the ruffles instead of the one person who could have benefitted the most from that information--Louise. Tacky. I came away from this episode with the impression that he didn't care one whit whether Louise stayed or not. That fact that he was safe was the only thing that mattered to him, and if his teammate sunk in the process, oh well...that was her fault.

I think the guest judges had the same impression, because when Nicholas was voted in they both looked disgusted. I think they would have happily sent him home if they had that opportunity. When Louise was selected to go home, they looked like they wished her well.

Irina. Ugh. Didn't really give Gordanna direction other than "I just don't like that" and when in front of the judges didn't say a peep until Gordanna diplomatically said that "it was a challenge, but they worked through it." Then she was all mouth, and the worse part was it wasn't even constructive; it all rather condenscending ending with "Well, you'll know next time." In contrast, Epperson was all class, coming in to bat when Christopher was so choked up he couldn't say anything. What mattered to Epperson was that it was THEIR project, and any mistakes made were mistakes that they made together and if they both went home, oh well.

Which made Irina look even more petty considering how her team's garments were in the top two. I loved the blocking on her dress but HATED the neckline; that dress would be unwearable for anyone bigger than a 34b. On the other hand, Gordanna's top was both lovely AND wearable for a lot of women.

FORT Fan

and all of a sudden I'm left with the nagging thought "See, Mitchell wasn't so bad, now was he!?"
    This is not a signature.

Kao

I'm still bitter about Chicken Man leaving!

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;3717663;
    and all of a sudden I'm left with the nagging thought "See, Mitchell wasn't so bad, now was he!?"
    Ha! I would take non-sewing Mitchell over irritating Nicolas any day of the week. At least Mitchell was a likeable, sweet guy (who couldnt sew).

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23;3716210;
    I also preferred Carol Hannah & Shirin's designs. When the camera showed the two sets next to each other Carol Hannah/Shirin's looked classier, more expensive, and more cohesive.
    The colors they used were beautiful but I didn't like the black leather (was it leather)) waste band but the flowery necklane was beautiful.
    Last edited by graycat11; 10-05-2009 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3716385;
    I am surprised that the Macy's lady never spoke up about selecting Louises and Christophers designs. They pitched them and she picked them. Both concepts came down the runway looking just like the sketches.

Shame on her. If she didn't like ruffles, then she shouldn't have picked Louise. If she didn't like the shirt dress, then she shoudn't have picked Christopher.

She said nothing as the judges bashed her choices. She even agreed that Macys customers would not buy ruffles.

I just do not get it!
    True, she saw Louise's drawings, doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast