+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 9/10 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/10 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3699786;
    I didn't think it made him look wussy at all. I saw a strong man who has strong feelings for his family. I was touched.
    I was touched too. I like seeing a strong man who loves his family that much. It makes them more approachable and "human". After the way he and Crystal went at each other when they were paired up, it was nice seeing this side of him and understanding better his motivation, drive, and why he acted that way.

I see a redemption arc a bit with this and we may very well be looking at a finalist (or not lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3700601;
    I was touched too. I like seeing a strong man who loves his family that much. It makes them more approachable and "human". After the way he and Crystal went at each other when they were paired up, it was nice seeing this side of him and understanding better his motivation, drive, and why he acted that way.

I see a redemption arc a bit with this and we may very well be looking at a finalist (or not lol).

I hope he's not a finalist.
    I liked him when the season started...thought he might be the one to beat.
    Then he acted so superior to Qristyl....who probably did need direction since I felt her to be one of the weakest designers....but he just came off as dominating and arrogant.
    Then the next week they try to soften him up by showing him crying while on the phone with his family.
    Maybe wussy wasn't the proper word...but I felt manipulated by trying to make me feel sorry for him.
    Sorry....but I don't feel sorry for him because he misses his family. It was his choice to do this show.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3700716;
    I hope he's not a finalist.
    I liked him when the season started...thought he might be the one to beat.
    Then he acted so superior to Qristyl....who probably did need direction since I felt her to be one of the weakest designers....but he just came off as dominating and arrogant.
    Then the next week they try to soften him up by showing him crying while on the phone with his family.
    Maybe wussy wasn't the proper word...but I felt manipulated by trying to make me feel sorry for him.
    Sorry....but I don't feel sorry for him because he misses his family. It was his choice to do this show.
    That is an interesting observation and points directly to a big editing WHY? Do we need to come to like him because he goes far, or was his edit the previous week pointed directly at Qrystal and showing us why she would be eliminated this week. If we go with the editing flow, our distaste for his personality was made better with the softer imaging. I really did like his outfit this week, so maybe they were trying to show why he "deserves" to be near the top with the emotional edit.

Arielflies: I agree that there is some major editing at work here. Either they did it to try and turn it around so the audience is more accepting of him going far...or...it was all set up to Crystal leaving. They start it off by showing the two of them not happy with the way things went last week. Then they show Epperson in a softer and better light and he is in the top 3 while Crystal goes home.

Hmm....no....I still think it shows him somewhere near the finale. Not sure any other reason for the obvious editing.

Did they really need to show him sewing while a single tear artfully falls down his cheek? I don't like Epperson's personality but I was touched by his emotion and love for his family, somehow it didn't get on my nerves like it usually does when contestants whine about missing their families. I also think he's pretty talented.

Actually that isn't saying much since I think as a whole this group is not all that talented. They have their moments but we've had way better contestants.

old cow

Hey french dip: yea i get what your saying and honestly the way it was edited together it made me think that he was gonna win. But yea im sure all of the designers miss their families. I agree with Harmony2000, it was an attempt to make him seem more likeable after the fiasco with Q last week.

ETA - Am I the only one that gets Shirin and Irina mixed up?
    Oh no girl believe me i get those 2 mixed up all the time! Both are burnettes with nice racks, its enuff to throw me off.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I didn't see him negatively in his interaction with Q actually. I have sensed for some time that she is a bit weak when it comes to decision making. This was confirmed for me when she so quickly and completely dumped her original design this past week after a single comment from Tim. I thought her original design was more stunning and interesting than the simple black dress.

Put someone like that together with someone who has more time, experience & confidence and someone is going to look weak and bullied and the other is going to look strong & authoritative.

And I liked Q. I wanted to see her succeed.

I don't feel manipulated by the editing. We haven't seen a lot of Epperson focus prior to this last episode.

I took the whole thing as Epperson is way more talented than Qristal, he didn't want to be eliminated so he would try to tell her something and she'd get all defensive and refuse to listen because "he was being mean". If she had listened to him and learned a thing or two, she may have still been there. I never was impressed with her, and then seeing her passive aggressive way of dealing with a better talent just sealed my opinion.

I thought when they focused on Epperson and his family it was his time to go. I'm glad I was wrong.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Kao

In all honesty, neither side came off smelling like roses in the Epperson/Q pairing.

This show is suffering due to a lack of creative challenges and the aufing of two interesting designers who at least tried to think out of the box right from the start in favor of ...Mitchell. I don't think it was by accident either; I think it was more of a "Hey, I don't think the demographic group for this station will understand this" decision than an aesthetic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3703965;
    In all honesty, neither side came off smelling like roses in the Epperson/Q pairing.

This show is suffering due to a lack of creative challenges and the aufing of two interesting designers who at least tried to think out of the box right from the start in favor of ...Mitchell. I don't think it was by accident either; I think it was more of a "Hey, I don't think the demographic group for this station will understand this" decision than an aesthetic one.
    I think you're onto something.....I was wondering why this season felt so different and I was thinking the setting was different....LA vs. NY but your statement makes sense.

But....wasn't this filmed last summer before the battle between Bravo and Lifetime?

I dunno....it just feels different.
    Thank God the challenge this week appears to be something creative using unconventional items.

I have to agree that while Epperson was a overbearing last week, I put it down to the emotion of a team challenge as well as to the constraints of the whole show. He's no Wendy or Vincent or Kenley for goodness sake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234