+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 8/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: 8/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    My favorite of the night was Irina's blue dress with flowers.
    I thought that dress was very pretty too! The colors were beautiful and would have looked awesome with Rebecca's coloring.
    The top 3 outfits were nice also, but I did not love the coat that went with the winning look (the lining was lovely, but the rest was just meh for me).
    Mitchell needs to go home - is he annoying or what?

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3681561;
    Shirin wins -- nice! I liked her outfit. I like to call her Monica Geller...
    That's too funny. I commented that she reminds me a bit of Penelope Cruz and my son thought she looked like Nellie Furtado!

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3681813;
    I was disappointed with this weeks show. Mitchell should have been auf'ed, He seems immature, can't sew and this was the second time he was in the bottom two. Melvins outfit wasn't that good but at least he had a good (if not strange) idea and he went with it and he can sew.
    I agree with everyone that Mitchell should have gone. There was a comment in the preview about how you have to sew to be on the show, so maybe he will be out next week. I thought Malvin's whole persona reminded me of the Asian guy on The Fashion Show who always seemed to be doing something conceptual with rectangles...
    When Mitchell started on those shorts they could fit a grown woman in each leg. Seriously? IMO, that is beyond just poor sewing skills. The other thing about Mitchell that bothers me is his lack of personal responsibility. He seems to come up with excuses or blame his model instead of just admitting that he screwed up. Yes, he had more of an argument with the model sizing issue, but I really wonder if there is more to that story that we saw. It just seems so unlikely that the measurements would have been THAT far off...

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3682017;
    I must say the models looked liked they just shoved beach balls in there dresses. Really dumb. But is it b/c of the Models of the Runway show that they couldnt find actual pregnant women to be the models?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3682145;
    I wish they could have gotten their hands on the maternity tummies that also had the boobs as well; the only reason why some of those outfits worked last night was because the models were still smaller on top. When you're pregnant, EVERYTHING is voluptous.
    I thought the whole chair cushion with a strap was a little ridiculous. The faux pregnant bellies would have been much better. Those are a much more realistic simulation as far as size/shape/weight is concerned. They should have put those on the models instead! I would have been much more amused by that at runway time!

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Off topic.

ClosetRTWatcher - love your avatar. I've seen the movie 4 times (so far!). Huge HP fan here.

Poor Ra'mon and his bowling ball. Was it Mitchell who pointed it out to him? Anyway, by the time he had a chance to stand back and look at it, it was too late. I understand how he thought a dark pattern on the sides might make the dress seem more slimming, but he forgot to take into consideration the weird padding on the model that actually looked like a bowling ball. The pads they wore made them all look to be 10 months pregnant. I know they were thinking that Rebecca Romjiin was pregnant with twins and picking accessories with that in mind, but when the designs walked the runway all I could think for each one was bowling ball.

I liked the winning design for both the color and the waist detail. I haven't seen that before and I found it very fetching. Okay - I do like the idea of a conceptual artist, but Malvin has shown himself to be more performance artist than clothing designer. He should have had his model flap her arms as she walked...anyway...Mitchell is such a kid, isn't he? From his babyface to his blame games, I am not impressed. It will be interesting to see how he acts as a member of a team as the preview suggests happens next episode.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3681431;
    Darn, I was hoping they had cut the cheesy opening once and for all, where the designers say insipid things about winning. They cut it last year, and it was not missed.
    This season's opening is the cheesiest so far!

But also, I like to pay attention to who's talking in the opening. Usually, the people who make it far in the game have a line in it. For example, I went back and watched the openings for the first 3 seasons (I can't find S4), and every finalist (minus Wendy Pepper and Daniel V) had a line. These people had a line: (I'll put it in spoiler tags, even though this is just speculation)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Carol Hannah, Mitchell, Irina, Qristyl, Althea, Johnny, Irina, Nicolas, Ra'mon, Christopher
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234