+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - season 1

Re: Models of the Runway - season 1

If Fatma were wrong about America's obesity problem, I would be more annoyed at her. But she's not. Currently, America is the #2 most obese industrialized nation on Earth. For the first time in eons, Australia inched the US out of the top spot in a 2008 poll. There is another list out there that ranks the US at #9, but that list includes island nations in the South Pacific that are about the size of a golf course.

And I think her bigger point was that she can't understand why there are so many depressed, suicidal and homicidal young people in this country. People from her home are dying, and would risk their lives for the chance to come here. Well, we're already here, so what's got us so down? We take the most basic things for granted because most of us can't even grasp the concept of real hunger, or real political oppression, or being left to die from diseases because there's no infrastructure to get aid where it's needed. If anything, I think she was telling Americans to cheer up!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

"Everybody loves Ra'Mon..."

Ouch! Bad pun! Which one of them said that?

Aw, Fatma just complimented Vanessa! That was sweet! Too bad Vanessa would probably never do that for her!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I loved how Epperson was so protective of Matar! I love them as a team! So, I hope they are reunited next week!

Aw, so not fair to Fatma! I didn't want her to leave! I don't like Koji that much or Gordana's model (I don't know her name cause she isn't memorable to me.)
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Hey, why stop at only one insane, disappointing decision tonight? Fatma wuz framed.

I won't need to see the repeats of this pair of ep's the rest of the week.

I was dissapointed as well. She was one of the better models and had a good walk.

I wish Koji would've gone home. I think she's terrible.

Kao

I'm just disgusted. I'm not going to scream conspiracy since there was plenty of opportunities for another designer to pick her, but I will say it's very interesting that out of all of the designers, Louise was the last picked to choose.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

<--- shrugs.

Fatma did nothing for me. I was fine with her going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3710832;
    I'm just disgusted. I'm not going to scream conspiracy since there was plenty of opportunities for another designer to pick her, but I will say it's very interesting that out of all of the designers, Louise was the last picked to choose.
    Epperson wasn't last in something? Amazing! Had to go to bed early so I couldn't watch (work started at 7:05 a.m.) Why did they have to switch models?

I was glad they changed the rules, as I had been thinking the same thing, that they should make the designers switch. And I like Koji but never liked Fatma, so it was a satisfying result this week.

I like that they have this adjunct show. I never really paid attention to the models on previous PR seasons, but this week, having gotten used to paying attention to the models' stories thanks to MotR, we really noticed how sick Vanessa looked when she had to stand there in that disgusting lizard suit. You could tell she knew it was horrible and was afraid of going home.

One thing I like about this show is that, as professional models, for the most part they act professionally and get along so much better than the "casts" of other shows with "model houses" do (assuming they aren't cutting out a bunch of drama, lol!) It is nice to see a higher level of maturity and peacefulness in the house compared to those other shows. And Heidi makes a good mentor for them; what a gift to be on that show!
    Last edited by Harvest; 09-25-2009 at 08:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread