+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 10/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3217702;
    They don't care, nor should they. They judge the collection, not the person. They have no way of knowing who is going to make it big. This is a TV show. What the designers do with their career after it wraps is out of their hands or concerns. Sure it speaks well for the show if it births success stories but it doesn't matter if it is the winner who succeeds. History tells us that many of these designers get a huge boost to their careers and remain in the media.

They care. Kors hooked Christain up with someone who would insure he did not fall into the jaws of the unscrupulous. And they keep in touch with others; Laura is one. But the only thing they can do is judge the collection.

I agree that the winner must be determined by the collection. If personality came into it, then Jeffrey would never have won. I detested him and his collection. I would have loved to see someone who did not already have their own business get a chance at the win. Uli's collection was my favorite, with Laura coming in second. Michael Knight was my favorite all season, but he blew his chance big time with that mess of a collection.

If the judges determine that Kenley's is the best collection, then she should win. After that, it's up to her to manage to succeed without alienating the entire fashion world.

I actually liked Kenley's collection more when I went back to look at them again. But I still love Leanne's designs. They may not be that exciting or daring, but they are brilliantly crafted and simply beautiful. That wedding dress should sell like crazy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3217747;
    .......I actually liked Kenley's collection more when I went back to look at them again. But I still love Leanne's designs. They may not be that exciting or daring, but they are brilliantly crafted and simply beautiful. That wedding dress should sell like crazy.
    I bet she already has orders for that wedding dress. I also liked Kenley's collection on second and third look. They always look better when animated, too.

Can't wait to see the finale tonight!! I really think it's between Leanne and Kenley.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

Kao

If they are judging my originality in design then they should go for either Leanne or Korto, because neither of those two blatantly copied pieces from a famous designer's recent collection. People are making all sorts of reasons to justify what she did but in the real world that wouldn't fly....not in design school or anywhere else.

Re: 10/15 Show Discussion - Season Finale **SPOILERS**

Kenley's design is very reminiscent of McQueen's, but are the judges going to see a copycat or try to justify her actions? They do odd things, so we really never know... However, despite Kenley's nasty attitude and blatant shadowing of another designer, I do like her work and I do think that she has a good knowledge of fashion and her own aesthetic... Not that she deserves to WIN, but I wish she'd change her attitude in order to make her career better... However, I definitely think that Leanne deserves to win because her aesthetic seems to be the most unique. Korto is a little too rustic and tribal for my taste, but I think it has to be Leanne or Kenley. Just my opinion. Can't wait to see the finale. :]
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-15-2008 at 09:03 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

+ Reply to Thread