+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 9/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Kenley and that attitude of hers has got to go. She has to learn how to accept criticism. Part of the idea of going on the show is to learn from the "experts" and incorporating the criticism so you can get better. She'll never get any better with that attitude of hers. Oh, wait, that's right! She's already the best designer ever in the history of the world! What was I thinking?

Reading Tim's take it is interesting that he says Joe's design had more Daniel in it than anything, and judging from what Joe has done so far, he seems more of a sportswear kind of guy. That dress was over the top in the right way, and that skirt was very reminiscent of Daniel's skirt on the drag challenge. If he only had made a top as exuberant as Tim suggested. What is up with this group of designers? They don't just not listen to Tim, they are pretty snooty about it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3195401;
    I am so happy Michael Kors made fun of Suede's obnoxious gimmick. And it was really funny (and pretty harsh) the way he did it, too.
    This was hilarious! I wish they would have auf'ed him so we don't have to listen to his idiotic third person egomania anymore.

Kay

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3195997;

For all we know, as "random" as the choices were, the producers might had contrived to put Terri and Keither together on purpose just to see how well she works with people she might not get along with, and she failed miserably. I really liked her designs but in this case, she really deserved to get Aufed. I DID NOT like Keith on this show and even I felt miserable for him.
    Good pt. I was wondering this too. Why not let the designers dig into the back velvet bag themselves and seal their own fate? It begs the Q of how "intentional" was this supposed "random" draw?

Kay

Quote Originally Posted by kayskate;3196715;
    Good pt. I was wondering this too. Why not let the designers dig into the back velvet bag themselves and seal their own fate? It begs the Q of how "intentional" was this supposed "random" draw?

Kay
    Sorry, but I am not much of a conspiracy fan. I believe that your fate is in your own hands. Whoever Terri ended up with, it was up to her to work with that person as a team. It would have been to her advantage to do so. The simple truth is that the designers who were brought back had nothing to gain by helping out the ones still in the competition. What were they going to get out of it, except more face time on TV? In spite of this fact, Keith still made a good faith effort to work with Terri repeatedly. She rebuffed him over and over and did so with extreme rudeness. She was stupid, plain and simple. She could have used his point of view and ideas and also his help in the sewing. She decided to be a team of one.

The point is not to let the designers choose the person that they like best. That's not what this competition is about. You have to work with the hand that you are dealt. If you have common sense and some smarts, you try to have a constructive relationship with your team member. It's the same in the everyday workplace.

Ultimately I don't buy the argument of intentionally setting someone up to be sabotaged. Keith didn't hurt Terri, she hurt herself.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3195780;
    Kenley's ego doesn't match up to the size of her ego.
    Correction, talent doesn't match up to the size of her ego.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3196729;

Ultimately I don't buy the argument of intentionally setting someone up to be sabotaged. Keith didn't hurt Terri, she hurt herself.
    I don't think it was a "set her up to sabotage her" situation, more like a "In real life you have to work with people you don't like. Let's see how this person does that." Part of life is not the things done to you, but your reaction to them. Terri sabotaged herself the minute she decided to not only let Keith help her (and was rude about it as well) and then tried to blame it all on the "lack of help and not getting along with Keith" when in fact she created that situation herself! Suede was faced with the same scenario but decided to respond in a different way; that's why he's still on the show and Terri isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3196902;
    I don't think it was a "set her up to sabotage her" situation, more like a "In real life you have to work with people you don't like. Let's see how this person does that." Part of life is not the things done to you, but your reaction to them. Terri sabotaged herself the minute she decided to not only let Keith help her (and was rude about it as well) and then tried to blame it all on the "lack of help and not getting along with Keith" when in fact she created that situation herself! Suede was faced with the same scenario but decided to respond in a different way; that's why he's still on the show and Terri isn't.
    Whatever term you want to use, blindside, sabotage, test, whatever, in the end Terri did this to herself. Even if the producers decided to throw Terri and Keith together, I don't see that it has any bearing on what ultimately happened.

I keep thinking of what Jerell said about Terri - she has two faces and four patterns, don't trust the b.itch. He was so right. I think the judges put some value on integrity and ability to work with other designers. They could just as easily sent Suede home, but what save him was Terri turning on Keith in that manner. The judges knew exactly what she was doing and why. They were not fooled. So she's gone.

I think Suede should have gone instead of Terri. I think putting her in the bottom 2 for the first time would have been a big enough wake up call for her to learn her lesson. That's what they did with Christian last season when he was at the bottom because of the conflict he had with his prom queen client. Can you imagine if they had kicked him off just because of his poor attitude? We would have missed out on a great talent and run way show! Terri's attitude was intolerable but her dress was wayyyy better than Suede's boring one. What good is it to have a designer who gets along with everyone but their designs suck? Suede should have gone home!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789