+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 8/20 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/20 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3171072;
    I wanted to know, what the heck they are using in the next challenge, I couldn't tell. Does anyone know?
    Not sure but this may give a hint......
    Project Runway: Season 5 - Season 5 - Official Bravo TV Site

EPISODE 7
    Fashion That Drives You
    Fashion doesn't always have to be conventional. The remaining designers get revved up for their materials in this challenge. Guest Judge: Rachel Zoe Airs August 27, 9-10 PM ET/PT
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3171072;
    I just watched the episode, loved Joe's design and it was obvious Varla loved it also. He deserved the win. Was it just me or was Terri uber pissed that Joe won, the look she gave him when he came in after the win was if looks could kill.(Get over it already Terri, I wasn't blown away anyways by her design). Korto's was OK, but I still was ticked about her attitude from last week that I am glad she didn't win. Keith and those dang frills are getting are my nerves much like Rami's drapery fetish from last season. Daniel's dress was nice but not for this challenge, nothng screamed drag queen about it plus he doesn't take kindly to criticism (he didn't listen to Tim, bad decision). Stella's was so so, and Blayne's looked like a bird that had a broken wing. I wanted to know, what the heck they are using in the next challenge, I couldn't tell. Does anyone know?
    I was just watching the replay and came on just to mention the look on Terri's face. She did look pissed! She thought that she had it in the bag. Jerell's wasn't so bad. His queen said that she liked retro and it looked a little like a dress from Dynasty(great drag queen name "Di Nasty"). It actually was more "over the top" than her own outfit. She was pretty drab compared to the others. Wasn't she the last one chosen? I'm very happy that Joe won. The jumpsuit was just such a great idea. The younger designers probably wouldn't have known who Ann-Margret is and it would have been wasted on them. I still can't see any of these designers showing at fashion week. Not a star in the bunch.

I loved this episode! I've been whining for a drag queen challenge for several seasons, and they finally did one! And the bonus for me is, I've met a couple of the queens who participated. Hanging out in NYC piano bars will do that for a person. (It's also how I met Melan Breton before he was ever on PR).

First, how hilarious was everyone? Tim Gunn has never been so g-g-g-g-gay on TV before! And how great to see Chris March again.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3171069;
    Suede's jacket was too much like Hedda's own outfit (they both had peblums).
    I saw that, too. His outfit was great for Hedda, but he basically recreated what she came in wearing. And while Joe did a fantastic job capturing Varla's look, she already has 10 of those pink catsuits in her closet...sorry, wardrobe. I kind of felt the same way about Terri. It was fabulous, but Acid Betty's look is so specific, what else could Terri possibly make to match the make-up? I was hoping Korto would win, I think hers was a great mix of costume and character, while also being original.

Of course Daniel had to go. It feels like he'd already been auf'd weeks ago, but they just haven't noticed he was still there, working. Keith is really starting to piss me off. If he doesn't knock off the stubborn bohemian artist shtick, he's going to follow Daniel out the door. To be honest, I couldn't figure out what was so wrong about Jerell's look until RuPaul explained it. My biggest problem with it was the muted, low-tide color palette.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Korto's queen should borrow the dress and start calling herself "Cherry Tomato"!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3171081;
    I was just watching the replay and came on just to mention the look on Terri's face. She did look pissed! She thought that she had it in the bag.
    I thought Terri's was STUNNINGLY good. I thought she was the only person who took their Drag queen and made them the ULTIMATE outfit. Korto's was good, but I felt like it wasn't amazing, and while she was top 3 the whole group was weak. Joe's was cute, much like his Olympic's outfit was cute, but it didn't strike me as anything really out of the ordinary. For a task that demanded over the top Fabulosity, I thought the only one who fit the bill was Terri.

Terri looked bummed the whole runway, and I think it's because week after week she makes top 3 clothes, and not only never wins, but is often simply safe. I think she felt like "well I made this amazing outfit, and they're not going to appreciate it anyway, so.... let me get ready to be ignored." I think the show is definitely setting Terri up to win the whole thing, but I worry that by refusing to acknowlege her talent (to make her win less obvious) it may break her spirit if she feels misunderstood or undervalued.

Blayne & Keith, your days are numbered....
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you don’t buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

I think in a way, having to choose between Terri, Joe and Korto wasn't a fair fight. Terri's queen was a self-proclaimed "hybrid" performer, meaning more emphasis is put on striking, edgy looks than on gender illusion. Varla Jean is probably the most famous drag queen up there, and has an established look that the judges were already familiar with. I dont think the judges took the differences in each drag queen's outlook when scoring the outfit. Jerell's queen actually likes vintage more than over-the-top art pieces. All in all, it had to be a very subjective decision...

Funny, Even though the challenge was to be really creative, I felt that the judges were looking at how wearable the outfits were. Terri's was a work of art! Joe's was more like clothing. I would have been fine with Terri winning. I also think that her queen was easier to get wild with than Joe's. I actually thought that Joe used a lot of restraint in his design and it worked. Actually his client toned it down for him and he was smart enough to listen to her. Terri's outfit was beautiful but I can't tell you if it had shorts, pants or a skirt. I wonder if she covered the boots somehow to make them blue and white striped or if her queen brought them. They were a pretty big part of the outfit and if she had anything to do with the design on them then she should have won.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3171095;
    I think in a way, having to choose between Terri, Joe and Korto wasn't a fair fight. Terri's queen was a self-proclaimed "hybrid" performer, meaning more emphasis is put on striking, edgy looks than on gender illusion. Varla Jean is probably the most famous drag queen up there, and has an established look that the judges were already familiar with. I dont think the judges took the differences in each drag queen's outlook when scoring the outfit. Jerell's queen actually likes vintage more than over-the-top art pieces. All in all, it had to be a very subjective decision...
    Yes, Jerell's queen said she did not need or want a costume. She said her beauty was enough, or something to that effect.

I was disappointed that we did not see all of the queens as themselves when they came for a fitting. That went by way too fast.

Someone must have spoken to Hedda about her attitude before Jade approached her; she seemed embarassed. With a camera on her, she got into character, at the fitting, and didn't really understand Jade's position. That is my take, anyway.

Terri was definately upset that she did not win but editing played a part in how that looked last night. They captured her face and it could have been when she was in the room alone. She was entitled to have feelings about it. I would have liked to see her win, too; that was my favorite creation.

Keith's days are numbered. Next week he will not be able to do his fabic pieces, or so it appears, so he could escape elimination.

Next week must be automotive parts of some kind. The wording of the promo certainly implies some kind of vehicle. But on the roof of a NYC building? Odd.

FORT Fogey

I forgot to add that Stella's dress was straight out of the mall store Hot Topic. The biker tartan look has played too long. The judges gave her a pass only because there were some far worse. Her queen loved it though, according to hair dressers blog.

This show is not generating as much interest as it has in the past judging by the number of posts. Nina, no longer does a blog and Michael gives us a brief two paragraph summation of the best and the worst. I miss commentary on all of the pieces. And conversely Tim is too wordy. We only want your opinion, not a recap of the fomat including what Heidi says in her opening statements. We know what the challenge was, just dish!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3171153;
    Next week must be automotive parts of some kind. The wording of the promo certainly implies some kind of vehicle. But on the roof of a NYC building? Odd.
    From the look of the building entrance, I think it's a parking garage. Maybe they had some abandoned vehicles on the roof for he designers to strip in order to get their materials. The Australian version of PR had a similar challenge earlier in its season.

I Googled the address Heidi mentioned, 142 W31st St., but the Street View wasn't exactly helpful...

+ Reply to Thread