+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 4 Creations - Olympics Challenge

Re: Week 4 Creations - Olympics Challenge

My three favorites were Korto, Leanne, and Terri (except the scarf on hers might have been a little too poofy. Leanne has definitely impressed these last two weeks...

Leanne is rocking the competition! I wouldn't have expected her to make some nice designs after her Week 2 creation. She desperately needs to win a challenge soon because she has made some of the best designs so far in the competition.

Shockingly, my favorite was Blayne's. My only problem is the shade of red he chose for the stripe. It kind of looks more like pink than red. And also, his model is definitely my favorite out of the bunch.

I still think Jennifer shouldn't have been eliminated. Sure, it's not very patriotic, but I thought it was nicely designed. Jerell's outfit... I thought it was really ugly, and I thought he should have been aufed.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If time management wasn't an issue, I would have liked for this challenge to include an outfit for both the male and female athletes.

I was surprised by how much I liked Blayne's outfit. Terri created my favorite, although that "scarf" probably wouldn't have lasted very long in the heat. Maybe the competitors could have used it as a face mask to avoid some of the "mist" in the air.

Korto's outfit was okay, but the fabric used for the pants was so sheer that we could (once again) see the seams she sewed.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

People keep acting like Stella's results are TOTALLY repulsive. I don't think they are. Stella HERSELF may be, somewhat, but at least in the past two weeks her looks have been... okay. NOT great. NOT even close to challenge winning, but far from the worst. The show plays up her "leatha" fixation, and all her talk about bikers, because SHE does, but in actuality her results tend to look more like a Shiny Glittery Hollywood version of Biker Chic than anything that grody.

Really repulsive? That thing from Jerell.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

I liked Jennifer's design, her problem was it didn't look like something to wear at the Olympics. Then I saw what the US wore at the opening, change the color and it would have fit right in. Jerrell's was just freaky looking especially that hat!!!
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3158148;
    Wow. Leanne, though not featured much this show, impresses me once again. Her outfit has a futuristic look that is still current with the short shorts. I like the band of definition on each side of the bodice, as well.
    I agree I liked her outfit as well, she's creeping up in the competition! Maybe she really is like she said "the silent assasin *rawr*"
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3161066;
    People keep acting like Stella's results are TOTALLY repulsive. I don't think they are. Stella HERSELF may be, somewhat, but at least in the past two weeks her looks have been... okay. NOT great. NOT even close to challenge winning, but far from the worst. The show plays up her "leatha" fixation, and all her talk about bikers, because SHE does, but in actuality her results tend to look more like a Shiny Glittery Hollywood version of Biker Chic than anything that grody.

Really repulsive? That thing from Jerell.
    But for this particular challenge her outfit falls flat, can you imagine bulky female athletes wearing her outfit? Especially with the belly baring cut?
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

I expected more from Stella. I loved what she did in the previous two challenges, but she just fell flat on this one. I liked the idea of using black, though.
    Cycle 10 Photos of the Week:
    Homeless: Kimberly; Makeover: Lauren; Lingerie: Anya; Meat: Lauren; Paint: Katarzyna; Music: Katarzyna; Water: Anya; Airplane: Lauren; Commercial: Katarzyna; Castle: Anya; Celebrity: Anya; Covergirl: Whitney

Claire/Lauren/Anya Dannysheaven's Avatar

I was not a fan of Korto's design. She seems to like baggy clothes, and that look doesn't score big with me. Leanne's would be my personal favorite for this challenge, it looks clean, American and modern. Joe, Terri, Blayne (surprisingly) and Keith also get high marks.
    Elyse, Amanda, Yaya, Nicole, Michelle, Nicole Linkletter, Brittany, Jenah, Lauren.

I really like most of them.

Jerrell's looks horrible - it looks like a punk-1940s bathing beauty-business suit outfit... and he wasn't one who was in the bottom two? I have seen bad outfits at the Olympics, but this one would've really taken the cake if it was worn by team USA. :

Daniel's - I don't like the shiny blue, and like Jerrell's, he is dating the athletes. IMHO, a variation on this that'd worked better would be a pair of black or white pants, the blue shell, and a jacket with that red design style down one or both of the arm sleeves starting at collar.

Blayne and Korto's both look great, but I'd gone for blue or red instead of white - especially Blayne's. You never know if you're going to do something like they did at the Chinese opening ceremonies (walk through an inkstamp to paint a mural), and you don't want to have ink showing long term should some splash on you.

Jennifer's outster gets me actually. Watching the opening ceremonies for the summer games, there were outfits women in other countries wore that looked like what she was wearing. You can be a girly-girl at the Olympic opening ceremonies too, and this worked for that. The only reason I can see her being voted out that'd make sense is that it's not in reds, white and blues. Usually, you represent the country you live in either by the colors or traditional outfits worn by said country.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12