+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

The USA Olympic Team looks FAB!!!! A lot of the other countries look like the contestants from PR designed their outfits!!! (and I don't mean the good ones)

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3157652;
    MFWalkoff wants you to keep all discussion in here until 1AM ET / 10PM PT.

MFWalkoff thanks you and hopes you enjoy the show!

Heh. It took Krom a second to get this. Krom thanks you for giving Krom a nice laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;3157724;
    WHAT? No Stella in the bottom? Are you SERIOUS?
    She tends to have ideas that SOUND bad, but which don't turn out as bad as it seems they might. Yes, the plastic bag outfit was epicly awful, but last week's "leatha" outfit and this week's (surprisingly non-leatha) outfit weren't THAT bad. Not great, but not as dreadful as the scary buildup made them seem. I mean black, used as part of an athletic outfit is NOT that unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3157698;
    It's official; Blayne is an idjit. NO IDEA WHO THE BEATLES WERE???

Someone dig him up from the whole he's been living in, surgically remove the tanning booth from his butt (it's gotta be there, 'cause I'm not seeing the tan on his face) and drag him into the real world!
    He's putting this on, just like Suede is putting HIS act on. While he is indeed somewhat overtanned, its obvious he's playing his "tan starvation" up for screen time, coming up with "cute" quotable sound bites to get himself airtime. He and Suede are famewhore peas in a pod.

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;3158393;
    Agreed! I liked Korto's and Terri's quite a bit more ... and here I had been SOOO looking forward to seeing what the internationally known, world class designer had come up with.

Disappointment, thy name is Ralph :nono
    Well, its not like there was any kind of promise that the winners outfit was going to be used--in fact the show danced around the issue with deliberately vague language. They did, however, talk about the fact that Ralph Lauren had ALREADY designed the '08 outfits, so its not like they were going to replace Ralph Lauren with um... some dude named Suede or some lady named Korto.

But yeah. Ralph, thy name is overrated!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

We were insulted by the giant-sized polo logos on the US team's blazers. I'm sure they could have found a designer who was happy to serve her or his country without turning our athletes into walking billboards. Thumbs way down! A couple of the Project Runway efforts from their Olympic challenge would have represented our country better than Ralph Lauren's shameless promotion. I would have pinned a giant flower or something over the logo in protest.

I finally caught a video of the March of Nations and I must say I thought the U.S. team looked like they were all members of a Bermuda Yacht Club. oh, yeah, Ralph Lauren - duh.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Joe's outfit was so tacky, a skort? GMAB

I'm glad Yawnifer got the boot with her surrealism, does she even know the definition? I doubt it.

Somebody help me I'm actually starting to like Blayne maybe because this is such a boring group of people he actually brings out some entertainment on the show. I loved the producer fed lines he had to say in his PIs "Heck ya I'm going for the gold! *rolls eyes*"
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

I totally forgot to mention this originally, but here goes anyways. Daniel WAS right about his fabric. I'm surprised that the judges didn't listen to him either. Don't they know about color? His fabric suffered from metamerism (click for more info) and he actually described it pretty well. Materials can look different under wavelenghts of light, and that's what happened. It is most common in highly saturated, reflective surfaces, just like what he choose. Also, the comment about his purple shirt matching his dress was wrong too. Purple has a component of red, but since he chose a BLUE fabric, it made it violet. Yes, there's a difference. Purple isn't a real color, that's why it doesn't show up when you use prisms or see rainbows. Instead of blasting him for color choice they should have blasted him for fabric choice. There was a skirt that had the same problem.

And I HATED what the US wore to the olympics too. It was so old looking and boring too. That's what my Grandpa would wear. There was nothing fresh or interesting about it at all.

It is most common in highly saturated, reflective surfaces, just like what he choose. Also, the comment about his purple shirt matching his dress was wrong too. Purple has a component of red, but since he chose a BLUE fabric, it made it violet. Yes, there's a difference. Purple isn't a real color, that's why it doesn't show up when you use prisms or see rainbows. Instead of blasting him for color choice they should have blasted him for fabric choice. There was a skirt that had the same problem.
    You must be talking about Kenley's, which was just as bad. Nothing about it spoke Olympics, and I thought it looked even more purple than Daniels.

BTW, my car's paint does the same thing. In certain lights it looks differing shades of blue and/or purple. I love it, it's so cool. On clothes, not so much, you can't match your accessories properly.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3163595;
    You must be talking about Kenley's, which was just as bad. Nothing about it spoke Olympics, and I thought it looked even more purple than Daniels.

BTW, my car's paint does the same thing. In certain lights it looks differing shades of blue and/or purple. I love it, it's so cool. On clothes, not so much, you can't match your accessories properly.
    On my brand new HDTV Daniel's dress looked purple. So there, judges! The bottom line is that the color was the least of the problems with that dress, as Michael Kors said. The whole design did not in any way reflect the Olympic challenge. He just did what he wanted to do, without regard for the Olympic theme. That was his problem.

I also did not like Kenley's design at all. Her plaid purple and white skirt was almost as bad. What on earth did that have to do with the Olympics? She had immunity, so she got away with it.

It's funny, I'm watching yet another rerun of the episode right now, and this time, Daniel's dress looks a lot more purple than I first remember thinking it was the first time I saw it.

I don't know if it's conditioning after all the talk about it, or if the late night Bravo crew is playing with the colors, or if I was just trying to see Daniel in the best possible light the first time...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3164466;
    It's funny, I'm watching yet another rerun of the episode right now, and this time, Daniel's dress looks a lot more purple than I first remember thinking it was the first time I saw it.

I don't know if it's conditioning after all the talk about it, or if the late night Bravo crew is playing with the colors, or if I was just trying to see Daniel in the best possible light the first time...
    It was definitely worse than Jennifer's IMO. Aside from the old lady collar that she put on that jacket, her outfit wasn't that bad. I assumed she used the skirt fabric to represent gold and the rest of it wasn't any worse than what anyone else did.
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread