+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Blayne still realllly annoys me, but I think Suede actually surpassed him this week by talking about himself in the third person...who really thinks that is a "cool" thing to do!?

I liked Stella at first, but her negativity is starting to get to me. I hope she knocks it off. I didn't care for her dress much. I thought Daniel would be in the top 3 over her. I thought his little black (finished at the last second) dress was really cute!

I was surprised that there was no discussion around the fact that a third designer (Joe?) had that brown satin and managed to pull off a decent dress.

I like Korto, but I don't know what she was thinking with that dress. I thought the seems on the outside looked like dorsal fins all over her dress.

I love PR. I'm sooo happy it is back...

Rewatching the ep now, and I just caught Tim telling Korto that if she doesn't resolve her look she's going to be left with a "hot mess."

Christian's impact is not to be underestimated, I guess...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Stella whining and complaining is starting to get to me! "Leatha', leatha'!" Blayne is still annoying as he!!. I didn't care for the dress that won but I imagine younger women would like that type of design. I would have sent Korto home and kept Wesley there.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleHeart;3142977;
    I really, really love Suede but argh, i really dont like Suede's dress. It looks like barf to be honest and I wouldnt buy it. I think the only reason why he won is because he put massive amount of work into it.
    I didn't like his dress, it was awful, a mess. I wouldn't wear that dress even if it were free, forget about buying it.

I made a point to go back and see the designs online before I posted my comments. They go by so quickly on the runway that you barely get time to make a decision. So here goes.

My favorite was Kenley. I thought it was chic and sophisticated. The touch of the black belt was perfect and I liked the avant garde neck collar. I also like her forties hair and makeup. It works on her.

I think Stella made a decent comeback, however, she had nowhere to go but up from last week's disaster. I am so not a fan of long sleeved asymmetrical dresses, but somehow this worked on the model. I liked the side stitching and the fit was great, not too tight. I was frankly surprised that she was able to pull this off with all her talk about "leatha". I have to give her credit, even though I still can't stand her.

Joe's dress was completely overlooked for some reason. He was the only one who managed to work with that crazy brown satin fabric and pull off a great looking dress. Nice work.

Jerell's dress was slutty. He gets this week's bad taste award. The model's boobs barely stayed in with those weird two pieces of fabric that passed for a top. Just trashy.

Terri's dress was overlooked, too. I loved the dark color and the fit and design was fabulous. I think she could be one to watch.

Blayne's was better than last week, but again he also had nowhere to go but up after that hideous disgusting thing he did last week. I thought that it wasn't the classiest dress. He still tends to be kind of tacky in his designs. I didn't love the pink color, but at least it was something wearable. He truly is beyond annoying and so not Christian.

Suede's was a tough one for me to judge. It's not my personal taste, so I didn't like it on that level. But I have to admit that he did a lot of work and put some thought and creativity into this creation. It did work on his model. I am not sure that it would work on anyone else. I wouldn't have worn it even when I was in my twenties. Not me at all. I had a feeling that he would win. The judges seem to like it when you kind of go over the top, but not take it too far. He had a vision and executed it. I give him credit for it, but I simply cannot listen to him talk about himself in the third person for one more minute or I will be sick. He acts like he thinks he is Napoleon.

I would have been fine if Leanne was the one to go. Hers was equally horrendous. When will these people learn to pay attention to Tim when he tells them something? It's not like he didn't try to warn her and give her some great advice. It was like a schizophrenic dress, like all different personalities thrown together. Awful.

I thought Wesley would go, because the judges are such sticklers for fit. Also, Tim did tell him to make sure the fit was right with that kind of fabric. It was pretty bad, the hem was amateurish and it bulged in the wrong places.

Korto is another one who didn't listen to Tim. Are these people deaf? That dress was ugly right from the start. What was with the inside out seaming? Not pretty. Then she puts those wings on the dress right where it hugs the hips and butts. That's a capital offense in my opinion. Curvy is great, but why make hips wider? Even the model looked huge in that unflattering design. I didn't like what she did last week and this was worse. Instead of crying, she needs to listen to Tim and think about what she is doing.

I really thought this challenge would be a total disaster. With the models picking the fabric, that takes all of the control out of the hands of the designer. But I did see many good designs and a lot of talent and creativity. There are some people worth watching here.

Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3142766;
    Did anyone else notice that on the phone poll they circled the second highest percentage?
    LOL! That's hilarious. I didn't notice since I was busy fast-forwarding.

I'm in the minority here but I actually really liked Korto's dress! Minus the fins though (that was a bit much), but the dart/seams on the outside, I really like. Not a new concept but definitely my style. I thought the fit was very nice too.

I forgot to mention Daniel's little black cocktail dress. He cut it close on time, but I think he pulled off a neat take on this classis. I usually am not crazy about shorter in front and longer in back, but he made it work for me. I think he has some real talent. He wowed me with that blue dixie cup dress and has followed it up with another very nice design.

Re: Project Runway 7/16 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I have to agree about Korto's dress this week. It was ugly right from the start. I thought Tim's reaction was priceless. He thought that it was inside out and then she tells him no, this is the outside of the dress. He said Oh, and just looked at it. Then she added those ridiculous wings right at the hips and butt, the widest part of the body. What on earth was she thinking?

They got Wesley for the fit of the dress. The judges will call you out every time when something is poorly hemmed and bulges or gaps in the wrong places. Leanne could have gone as well. Hers looked like some schizophrenic nightmare of a whole bunch of things all in one dress. I have no idea what she was thinking.

What I don't get is that these people must have watched this show before they became contestants. When Tim tells you something, then LISTEN! Because he usually knows what he is talking about. These three all got some great advice from him and they totally ignored it.

How is tulle, a synthetic, considered GREEN?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Stella is just so clueless, I hate to say this but she really is such a dumb broad, she just comes off that way.

I would have cut Korto before Wesley, judging by their previous designs I just feel like he has so much more promise. With Korto and her previous designs on her website or whatever I just know how far she is going to go creatively.

I was underwhelmed with this week's dresses, Suede won but not by much! His dress wasn't all that to be honest.

Jennifer is Leanne's more boring twin, if thats even possible because Leanne is really boring! She's just so vanilla. blegh
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast