+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway 7/16 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: Project Runway 7/16 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Is it just me or is this the MOST boring group of designers so far? There doesn't seem to be much activity on these threads (so far) so I can only assume that others aren't too enthusiastic about them either. The fact that half of the designers used fabric like items, in the first challenge, says it all. They had the opportunity to be really creative and they looked for an easy way out. They had the chance to make a work of art and most couldn't do it. They can't think outside of the box. The big yellow dress really made me mad. She was just as bad as all of the other tablecloth people but( just to cover her ass) she hung a giant garnish around the neck (easy way out). NOTHING like Austin's dress in the first season! The top three dresses were good but but they really didn't have much competition. Project Runway is going to to go out (on BRAVO) with a whimper, not a bang!

I was surprised by how young they all were. I also was not that excited by this first episode. However, I am willing to give it a little more time. I remember thinking that last season's group, while extremely talented, were somewhat boring. That was until I got to know them better and watched their interactions with each other. Then things got really interesting.

I went to the online site to take a better look at each of the designs. It went by so fast that I barely had time to make a judgement. I still think the blue cup dress should have won. I thought the concept was ingenious. Having to melt the cups to mold them to the muslin was not an easy process. I think the shape of the dress was beautiful and classic. I do still Kelli's bleach stained skirt, but I still hate the top. I think she could have found something more appealing. But I guess I am okay with her winning. I do not like Korto's yellow tablecloth with those stupid vegetables on top. I have no idea why Nina was so thrilled with it. I did like the mop top outfit even more when I saw it online. I thought the yellow dress with one strap was also very nice. A number of them were just blah, didn't really stand out a lot. I hope these kids show some more creativity.

As far as Blayne, I didn't pick him out as a cokehead, but then I certainly am no expert when it comes to drugs. I just thought he was an obnoxious idiot. That outfit still looks ugly to me and always will. The diaper part was hideous. Bad taste. I do think that Stella was kept on for the drama value. I personally would have been okay with her going. I also have no idea what she did with the $75, because those cheap garbage bags could not have cost nearly that much. She really is annoying.

I will watch next week and hope for a more interesting show.

As a general rule, the first episodes are generally pretty dull in terms of personalities -- they have too many contestants to just introduce, give air time and they are not all that familiar with each other to start getting caddy or bitchy just yet. Unfortunately, the most interesting "character" (and I use that term loosely here) that we can see so far is Blayne, which is probably why the producers will keep him around for quite sometime. Look at what Ricky's crying on the very first episode did for his talentless over-extended stay last season.

With a younger group, we are likely to have a lot more drama and divas than usual, and certainly more than last season.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

FORT Regular

awwww I forgot about Ricky and his tears....

i don't know that I would make assumptions about Blayne and drugs.

He works in a coffeehouse, maybe he was just going through caffeine withdrawal.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3136859;
    I also have no idea what she did with the $75, because those cheap garbage bags could not have cost nearly that much. She really is annoying.
    I know, right? That was the best she could come up with? And she still couldn't produce anything creative. I'm wondering what she did for like the first 8 hours because she didn't start the hand sewing until towards the end of day 1. Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3136995;
    i don't know that I would make assumptions about Blayne and drugs.

He works in a coffeehouse, maybe he was just going through caffeine withdrawal.
    ...or maybe all the rays from the tanning bed had finally soaked through his skull and corroded his brain?

I think Blayne will make it to final 3. His staying is like Wendy Pepper staying and Daniel going in S1E1.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I think plastic cup dress should have won. I didn't care for the vacuum bag/coffee filter dress.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3137439;
    I think plastic cup dress should have won. I didn't care for the vacuum bag/coffee filter dress.
    I think that the judges may have made the final decision on just how wearable(comfort wise) the dresses really are and not just how they look. The plastic cup dress, looks wise, was much more wearable but it looked like you could hurt yourself wearing it. The vacuum bag dress was a little silly but at least looked comfortable. I was happy with either one winning. At least two of the people put some effort into the challenge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast