+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Project Runway in the Media

Re: Project Runway Season 5 Speculation

She is definitely doing Season 5, and she will be introduced as "Fashion Expert Nina Garcia" since she doesn't have a job at the moment.

Whether or not she is going to do S6 is up for debate, I've read reports going either way. Elle is probably ending its involvement after S5, and if a new magazine becomes a sponsor, they may want to plant one of their own editors as a judge, to get the same exposure that Nina gave Elle all these years.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Re: Real World producers to take over PR on Lifetime

Beyond the production company shift, "Project Runway" already promises to look dramatically different on Lifetime - which shelled out $150 to snag the show - as it's shifting production from New York to Los Angeles. The faces aren't changing, however: Host Heidi Klum, mentor Tim Gunn and judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia are all signed to return.
    Wow...those people at Lifetime must have really deep pockets...

America's Next Top Model was never the same after moving to LA. Of course, Tyra's ginormous ego didn't help, and I think Heidi Klum is very smart, but LifeTime? and now the producers of The Real World? If they bring to this show the sensibility (or lack thereof) they have for that train wreck they do for MTV, the show will indeed be doomed.

Do you think this means they will have a heavy hand in casting? This is much more depressing news than the move to Lifetime. I thought they were keeping all the same producers and it was all going to be cosmetic differences and - WAH!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3117263;
    Do you think this means they will have a heavy hand in casting? This is much more depressing news than the move to Lifetime. I thought they were keeping all the same producers and it was all going to be cosmetic differences and - WAH!
    Well, they always do that disclaimer at the end of the show indicating the producers have input in the eliminations. I don't know if they will have a hand in casting (but how could they not?), but they certainly will make sure some disagreeable personalities remain for the sake of drama. Let's hope they will also be talented.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

It's a week away until PR5 starts, and no cast list yet. They need to get those names out ASAP!

During this week's Flipping Out, they said they would have a preview of the designers and a clip from the first challenge during next week's episode.

Wow, a whole day in advance! Thanks Bravo!

Here's a Chicago Tribune column that collects a lot of info and has some good theories behind the mystery.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 07-10-2008 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3122893;
    During this week's Flipping Out, they said they would have a preview of the designers and a clip from the first challenge during next week's episode.

Wow, a whole day in advance! Thanks Bravo!
    To me it depends on what kind of show they do the first week. If they do an audition show, there is a point in not showing the contestants beforehand. In ANTM they revealed all the contestants and then did a casting show, but you already knew who was going to make it, it kind of looses the whole point of the casting show.

I'm trying to think back, last season they did a whole casting show, combined with some "where are they now" segments, the second season they did half an episode with casting, the other half with the first challenge. For season three they did a full casting show, right (I really don't remember).

I think a casting episode could work, if they show a bit more than just people coming in showing off their work, I want to see more of the philosophies of the designer, which I think they did more in S3.

Anyway, IF they're doing a proper casting episode, then I see no need to reveal the cast beforehand.

That's a good point! I wasn't thinking about a "Road to Runway" casting episode since they didn't have one in Season 4 for whatever reason.

But I would think that, since they are still filming the season now, a casting episode would be just the thing to give them more time to edit the first few episodes. So, you may be right!

I'm glad that we will be getting 2 shows this season. I love watching this show. I'm glad I clicked here; now I know when the premiere show starts.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

+ Reply to Thread