+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Project Runway in the Media

Re: Project Runway season 5 spoilers

Is that the one that had the staph infection in his nose?

Yes, that's Jack. But ultimately he didn't audition for S5. From an article in Monday's NY Post:
    The Harlem-based designer had to exit the "Runway" early last season due to a potentially deadly staph infection. "Bravo said, 'You certainly can audition again, but there are no promises,'" says Mackenroth, 39, who was hospitalized for five days after leaving in the middle of the fifth challenge.

"To re-audition, I couldn't have brought the same [clothes]. I would've had to make new pieces, which is a huge investment in time and money. In the end, I decided I just couldn't give up another year of my life."
    The article makes a mistake in claiming that the entire Lifetime S6 will take place in Los Angeles, when in fact it will only be the second half of the regular season. They will likely come back to New York for its Fashion Week.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3012964;
    The article makes a mistake in claiming that the entire Lifetime S6 will take place in Los Angeles, when in fact it will only be the second half of the regular season. They will likely come back to New York for its Fashion Week.
    That they come back to New York for Fashion Week in PR6 gives me some hope for the Lifetime season. LA Fashion Week is just a joke.

Yeahhh! Two seasons! Can't wait for july.

FORT Newbie

I really hope this season is amazing like S4. IMO S3 was really [bad], I hope it won't be like that
    Last edited by femme fatale; 06-03-2008 at 04:52 AM.

FORT Newbie

Yeah, season 3 was kinda bad... It's the only season I've never re-watched... I've watched all the other seasons like 3 or 4 times.
    Let's hope season 5 will be great!

Season 3 was terrible, I only rewatch certain episodes. They focused way too much on the drama between Jeffrey/Angela and Jeffrey/Laura. Personally I thought Jeff had to deal with a lot of crap undeservedly. Plus, Vincent was just an annoying nutcase and they cut Alison way too early. The challenges were interesting enough (Miss Universe gown, recyclables, dog outfits) but all the negativity flying around in the workroom was disconcerting to watch.

Season 4 completely made up for it, I rewatch it constantly! Hopefully Season 5 can top it (though I doubt you can beat a Christian-Rami-Jillian finale!)
    2003-2008.

Re: Project Runway Season 5 Speculation

According to the commercials during the Top Chef finale, PR Season 5 premieres Wed. July 16th, at 9PM ET.

I guess Shear Genius will remain at 10PM, airing after PR each week. Nice combo!

Re: Project Runway runs away to Lifetime. Bravo is not pleased.

This "half-and-half" thing sounds more and more like spin. Heidi just sold her NYC apartment, and she had some interesting words in her Forbes interview where they named her #78 on the Celebrity 100 List. They didn't include the stuff about moving to LA in the online version, but here are some interesting facts & figures:
    Project Runway, a reality show in which unknown designers compete for $100,000 and a chance to work at a fashion house, debuted in 2004. In its first season the show snagged an Emmy nomination and by its finale was one of the biggest hits on NBC Universal's Bravo network, with 2 million viewers. Klum owns a small piece of the show. "Harvey gets most of it!" she says. She earns maybe $1.3 million a year as host and $350,000 as executive producer. Last season the finale drew 3.8 million viewers aged 18 to 49, up 10% from the year before, the most ever for a Bravo telecast.

But all was not well. With an estimated per-episode budget of $500,000, "we don't have the money to do anything!" says Klum. In April the show defected to Lifetime for a reported $150 million. NBC has sued to keep it. Weinstein has not yet filed a response. Bravo declines to comment.

Can Project Runway's success be duplicated at Lifetime? The network is known more for its women-in-peril melodramas than for Fashion Avenue's sticks and gay designers. Andrea Wong, Lifetime's chief executive, vows not to tinker with the formula, but the show's producers will stay behind with Bravo.

Klum still has a lot riding on it. While she won't get a share of Weinstein's initial windfall, she's now a one-third owner of the show, its franchises and licensing deals. Her fame still snags big campaigns like Victoria's Secret, Jordache and, in Germany, McDonald's (nyse: MCD - news - people ), Volkswagen (other-otc: VLKAF.PK - news - people ), Fontanis water and hair care giant Schwarzkopf. " Project Runway is one of the most popular shows with our audience," says Victoria's Secret's Razek, "and she drives that."

Re: Project Runway runs away to Lifetime. Bravo is not pleased.

Oy, what a hot tranny mess this is turning into!

I was still holding out a little hope that PR would stay with Bravo as the move to Lifetime is just not something I see as a good thing for the show. Since this is turning out to not be the case, I can only hope that what is left of the show is good....

+ Reply to Thread