+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/5 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/5 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Thank god that Rami didn't win.I hate Rami because his clothes are just super comercial.Meantime,I guess Victoria hated them so much,too.Guess what.She had run so many boring fashion shows which I've seen at all.

Was one of Christian's models THE Alec Wek????

FORT Regular

I think they are all phenominal and all deserved to win. I think the main reason Christian won was firstly because it was so good, and second because he unknowingly catered to Victoria Beckham, I could see her in Any of those clothes. I think Jillians stuff was really commercial.. I would own that skirt that was paired with the striped knit, and I loved the sweater with the holes in the front, beautiful stuff. They were right about Rami, his color choice was off.. that blue was way way off from the look of his collection, but the weaving was beautiful.. I couldn't really wear anything of Christians in my everyday life, but I could wear Jillians and would love to.

Was it just me or did Christian get the loudest applause?

Looking at the show again . . .

I seem to recall Christin saying something from last week about his collection having a Goth feel, or edge>

Well, except for all that black, I'm trying to find the Goth in it.

Haven't found it, yet.

JMHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Lex

I watched the repeat to see if I missed "the good" about Christian's collection the first time. Nope. It still looked like an ugly, puffy mess.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

[QUOTE=enjoi;2826401;]Christian won firstly because it was so good, and second because he unknowingly catered to Victoria Beckham, I could see her in Any of those clothes. [QUOTE]

Christian is, without a doubt, a good designer. Gotta give it up to him for that.

But as for winning? I tend to lean more toward the fact that he unknowingly catered to the tastes of Victoria Beckham, and that's what got him the win.

And yes, I could definitely see her in almost everything Christian showed.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2826404;
    Looking at the show again . . .

I seem to recall Christin saying something from last week about his collection having a Goth feel, or edge>

Well, except for all that black, I'm trying to find the Goth in it.

Haven't found it, yet.

JMHO.

Christian didn't say that, it was Chris.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Fanatic

Thanks for the info because I can't watch the show tonight. It went as I expected from what I read here.

I did NOT like Christian's clothing throughout the show because I am not a fashionista; just a normal person who wears affordable and comfortable clothes. I did like Jillian and Rami and related much more to what they have done.

I believe that the industry is always looking for the new "It" kid and that means that Christian fits the bill perfectly. He's eccentric and his stuff is "out there" and that's what a lot of fashion shows are obviously all about.

I doubt that many REAL women wear a lot of the clothes that are shown in the various shows. When I see them on the Red Carpet and they refer to a specific designer...it is NEVER a piece that looks ultra high fashion or odd like what they show in the French shows and in some of the other shows.

Picking Christian is a bit snobby imo and very typical of the fashion scene.

Jillian and Rami will be very succesful and Christian will be one of the designers showing stuff that only tall, thin models can wear. He needs to learn how to design for real people and I'm sure that he eventually will with the backing he will have after tonight.

I wanted Jillian or Rami to win but I expected exactly what happened and I am not shocked.

I also want to praise this group of contestants for really caring about one another. They were the nicest bunch that have ever been on the show and I wish them all good luck.

I only have one negative thing to say...Victoria Beckham??? Who in their right mind would want to look like her?

Thank you all again for the wonderful commentary and terrific posts.

I was surprised to see how nervous Christian was tonight and to see him give big props to his competitors. Rami is a class act....humble and gracious to the end.
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread