+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Go to the Bravo site and read the blog titled "Burning Questions". It is a very short interview with Chris. He did not expect to get the slot. He said he was happy that Rami won and intented to take some time off and wait for offers. He is a costume designer and probably has sights on Broadway or Movies. Rami will pursue a career in fashion design no matter what the outcome of this show, Chris will not and the judges knew that. It all worked out as it should have. Chris will get offers and find a niche in design that is better suited to his desires.

I feel that Chris got robbed, not once but twice. He got robbed by not getting fan favorite last week and he got robbed by not winning the challenge last night. I don't get it they award last yrs winner for thinking outside the box. Chris thought outside the box and slam. I just felt that the judges took the safe route by picking Rami. It was just so unfair. While Rami's draped dress was wonderful and I would wear it, overall I would perfer to see Chris's entire collection.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't know why so many people are freaked out by the human-hair on the clothing. People get weaves, wear wigs, & hairpieces, but when it's on a piece of clothing, suddenly it's freaky? Mmm-kay...

Wearing animal fur is what should freak people out. At least you don't have to kill humans to get their hair.
    Last edited by femme fatale; 02-28-2008 at 10:12 AM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2816357;
    I don't know why so many people are freaked out by the human-hair on the clothing. People get weaves, wear wigs, & hairpieces, but when it's on a piece of clothing, suddenly it's freaky? Mmm-kay...

Wearing animal fur is what should freak people out. At least you don't have to kill humans to get their hair.
    I know. The only thing I can think that would maybe turn people off and incite Tim's gag reflex is the goth shrunken head vibe the swinging hair gives off.

Is this fashion show for spring or fall looks? Maybe if they were pointed to autumn '08, the designers figured dark and earth colors were appropriate? Anyway, when looking at Jillian's dark toned inspiration piece against the actual inspiration picture she showed, I wondered why she didn't use more of the yellow, golds and reds from the picture.

Did you notice that both Jillian and Christian expanded the final challenge with their inspiration looks? Christian's bardic puff sleeves and Jillian's armor bustiers? I wish, though, they had taken more inspiration from the painters of their inspiration pieces and used color, though.

ETA: Does anyone know who designed Heidi's outfits this year? I was impressed every week - especially last night with the irridescent blues and greens dress. I wish she hadn't covered it up as I would have liked to have seen the complete dress by itself.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-28-2008 at 10:41 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

After I've seen this episode.I finally figure it why Chris made some ugly BROWN hair in his collection and distracted the whole runway show that day.It's all because he got aufed.Just as simple as that!Well besides that,I confess I agree with Michael that the last dress is unflatering(He's very nice saying like that,already.)That dress could really scares people,It's true.

Snoozin' on the beach

I wonder how Chris washes that hair dress... Lather, rinse, repeat?

Seriously though, I like Chris and he had some good things here and there throughout the show but the hair was not a good idea. At least not for the face off with Rami. People are creeped out by it-even by his own admission to the judges he knew it was creepy. I thought he had much better pieces during Tim's visit that he should have shown for the face off that would have upped his chances.

He lucked out being brought back after elimination and he did get to show at Bryant park even though he was out of the running. He's coming away from it in very good shape

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2816357;

I totally agree with that.
    People wear dead animals and have no problem with it but a little human hair and they

Chris had the better collection at least from the innovative viewpoint. The other 3 are all recycling looks that they've already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2816323;
    I thought Chris's was more creative and innovative. I think he went overboard with the hair and would have done much better if he scaled back on it. I don't know why the disgust on using human hair--people wear skin and hair of dead animals all the time, so why is human hair any different? Rami did okay. I didn't like the coat and the only one I really liked was the evening dress. I didn't get the love of the second look--it really wasn't that spectacular. Based on this episode, I am beginning to think Jillian will win.
    I agree! it's not like he scalped it off someone's head. They are hair extensions..hello....I thought it looked so cool on that jacket. And what a great alternative to killing animals for fur! I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing more and more of this in the future. Chris is just a man of vision! I'm sure we won't be hearing the last of him!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2816496;
    I wonder how Chris washes that hair dress... Lather, rinse, repeat?
    Well, it was "bouncin' and behavin' "!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

I thought Chris' pieces were fabulous. The hair would've looked great as just a collar treatment on the jacket, I think the overkill is what did him in. I loved Rami's second dress, but the rest was just a bit blah. And was I the only one who thought his collection shown to Tim in his studio was hideous? It looked like someone threw mustard all over the place and the pieces were so severe. I miss Drapey McDraper Rami! He was my favie to win from the first ep., but I loved Chris' work all season too. They should have let all four show for the win. Oh well, it would've been great to see Chris in the finals, but that's life (and at least he and Sweet P do get to show at BP, who cares about winning PR, we never hear about those people again outside of a Saturn commercial anyway).

Christian was so mad that Tim didn't immediately say all of his pieces were fierce, you know he was crestfallen.

+ Reply to Thread