+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 2/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I am extremely disappointed that Chris is not in. I still think that Chris is an amazing designer and he really will go places.

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;2815687;
    Ok, I think Chris' mini collection is really cool. Think about it people, he really thought outside the box. He used lots of materials that were unconventional. He also used black chrome safety pins for the skirt in one of his designs.

If you didn't know going into the fashion show that he used human hair, would you still judge the look the same way?
    I wouldn't have been as creeped out but they still looked like they should be worn by Betty Rubble. They were way to goth for my taste as well

Thanks for the updates! I have enjoyed this season more than any of the others and I wanted to see Chris in the finals but am not sure about the hair thing...seems a little creepy by description. Will have to see it later tonight.

FORT Fanatic

A quick thank you to all of you. I haven't been able to actually see the shows this season so I am VERY grateful for your postings.

I look forward to next week as I DO NOT have a favorite this time.

Just one more comment...human hair in clothing????? Ewwwwww.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2815649;
    You know, I'm not the most fashion conscious person
    Here's something you said that I agree with.

What I wouldn't wear--even with a gun to my head--is Rami's hideously unflattering royal blue fug coat and equally unflattering gown. Yes, Chris' collection was Goth. In fashion that's called having a point of view and a cohesive collection.

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;2815757;
    Here's something you said that I agree with.

What I wouldn't wear--even with a gun to my head--is Rami's hideously unflattering royal blue fug coat and equally unflattering gown. Yes, Chris' collection was Goth. In fashion that's called having a point of view and a cohesive collection.
    I didn't like that coat either to tell the truth. Chris' 3 outfits just weren't good enough and Rami's was better. Rami moved on, Chris didn't. It couldn't have been a cohesive enough collection if the judges didn't pick him

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have to admit that I did like the way the hair moved when the models came down the runway, and I was amazed by the safety pins. I think Chris was robbed!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Meh, I wish I felt genuinely surprised at the ending, but since I was shocked they put Chris through in the first place, I'm not surprised. Unfortunately, I had a feeling that Rami, Christian and Jillian would be in the final three. They got what they wanted - a nice, neat, tidy final three. No one too unconventional or kooky.

I agree with the poster above who feels that this 'walk off' was really an excuse to give Rami another chance to put something other than "grecian goddess" on the runway.

I'm disappointed, but I have a feeling Chris is ok with the outcome. Really, he would never have had the chance to put together that line if Jack hadn't had to leave the show. After he came back, the rest was 'gravy' as they say. I still think he should have been in, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;2815710;
    why not they had 4 finalists last year why not this year?
    I agree. I liked Chris and thought he did something to make him really stand out. I mean you see some of the shows that are put on and man, they are really out there. Didn't someone do a Vampire theme last year? A really big name?

OH well. I'll check up on the winner, but I really think they probably have it narrowed down to 2 and just had a third as a filler.

As the judging unfolded, I was starting to get a sense of why they did this: They were truly afraid the Rami was going to send 12 drapes down the runway, and make them look like idiots. So they cooked up this preliminary walkoff, and got Chris' hopes up, all so that they could be assured that Rami had another trick up his sleeve.

If only Chris had held back the hairier looks for the 3 pieces. But I admire how he was able to defend it, and make them see and admire the workmanship he did with the black bobby pin skirt, and the detail on his gown. They let him go with dignity and love, which is the least they could have done since they kept stringing him along not once, not twice but three times this season. I'm just really happy that he has such incredible fan support. He deserves it!

Somehow after seeing this episode and the previews, I'm thinking more that Jillian is going to take it all, with or without Crass Spice's opinions.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread