+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's Sew Not Over

Re: It's Sew Not Over

I liked Rami's a lot, better in the show than in the still photos. Must be the lighting. I also liked Jillians and some of Jack's pieces.

I may be taking this a bit too far but...... I watched the shows and "scored" the designs like the judges say they do.
    Rating each designer 1-5 and making notes on each. I then watched the bottom 3 and top 3 separately to determine "who would be the winner & who would be out".

I'd love to hear everyone's top 3 & bottom 3- just like the judges do on the show. Who would you pick as the winner? And who would be Auf?
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Winner-Christian
    2. Rami
    3. Chris

This is how I would rank them for appeal of their Clothing offered.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2812559;
    I may be taking this a bit too far but...... I watched the shows and "scored" the designs like the judges say they do.
    Rating each designer 1-5 and making notes on each. I then watched the bottom 3 and top 3 separately to determine "who would be the winner & who would be out".

I'd love to hear everyone's top 3 & bottom 3- just like the judges do on the show. Who would you pick as the winner? And who would be Auf?
    I scored them all, and I'm still underwhelmed by most of them. Nobody had 3 above-average pieces, even my top 3 got there on the strength of one garment each.

They were all on drugs when it came to choosing colors. Too much black, and when there was a burst of color it was either Elisa's rust orange or Kevin's neon purple. Ick. And black and white plaid? Please!

My Top 3:
    Jillian
    Kit
    Elisa

Jillian scored the only "5" with her print dress, so I guess she wins.

Bottom 3:
    Jack
    Carmen
    Kevin*

Kevin, Christian and Marion tied for 3rd worst, so I had to break the tie for the third spot. But Jack scored the lowest all by himself, so he is auf'd.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

This was so interesting to watch!

I loved Jillian's collection, Elisa's collections, Jack's collection, Rami's collection, Christian's collection, and surprisingly Ricky's

Marion's was cohesive, but repetitive. It looked like the same dress with just a few changes. Maybe he was infected with a version of the VictorYa bubble dress virus, except his caused him to do Post-WWI drop-waist styles.

Ricky should stick to lingerie. The designs had some good points, but too bare in the wrong way.

Kit is a stylist, and I liked the first look, but nothing stood out.

Rami's collection was pretty, but the second outfit and the model made me think of a Soviet military uniform, despite the purple color. I thought the model had injured herself because she was walking so slowly and stiffly, but I saw her modeling another outfit and she was walking fine then, so ??? The layers made her look heavy, so what hope does anyone larger than a size 4 have? Don't be larger than a size 2 for the last dress. I thought the blouse and skirt on the first model were very pretty and wearable.

Jillian's first dress was very pretty, but the rest, eh. This was surprising for me, as her en garde design trench was my favorite piece of the season. I that coat!

Kevin: Leather and plaid. I kept thinking, "Fixations left over from Catholic school?"

I could not believe how bored I was by Jack's designs. I couldn't wait to see what he would do, and then I thought I was watching the latest designs from Simplicity It's So Easy sewing patterns.

Carmen: What the? She is definitely stuck in the 80s. She might be able to develop a line of accessories, but she is not a clothing designer.

Christian once again did the unwearable skinny pants. Come on, even he isn't that thin. And while it was nice to see him use some prints, nothing stood out. It looked like something from the clearance bin at Sears, circa 1987. Careful, while the 80s' silhouette might be inching its way back, the population of the U.S. is aging and is not able to wear those spray-on pants.

Steven's dresses were simple, pretty and incredibly boring, especially in black. It was a mash-up of square-dance and bridesmaid after midnight.

Chris' first dress looked like like something from Frederick's of Hollywood. The second was something out of JC Penney's catalog. The third was a huge improvement, but there was so much fabric on the model's shoulder, that it looked heavy and uncomfortable. And I was so unhappy, because I love Chris.

So I ended up voting for Elisa. When the happy peasant girl popped out from behind the screen, I went , but then the next two dresses came out, and I was happily surprised. The last dress especially was so beautiful. It seemed to magically hang on the model.

It's sad that it came down to voting for Elisa because she got two out of three and no one else could seem to get more than one out of three.

I voted Elisa too because of that last dress. Best design of the whole thing.

Snoozin' on the beach

So who won it?

FORT Fan

Jillian, I think (based on Bravo's website... they have a small ad in the corner congratulating her on internet's voting to give her $10,000)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123