+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just thinking about the guest judge for the finale...past and present

FORT Fogey

Re: Just thinking about the guest judge for the finale...past and present

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2806987;
    Posh is rail thin and that's who Christian designs for. On the other hand, she has an over-the-top-ness that screams Chris. She also can go elegant, like Rami and seems to appreciate intricate things, so Jillian would have a shot.

In the end, it's really the producers and regular judges. Although I would never, ever discount Roberto Cavalli. Genius.
    Only the three judges choose. The guest judge is a figure head and the producers stay out of it.

Victoria Beckham is a joke! Why praise someone for only following trends? Her fashion sense is horrible.

They should have had one of the fashion editors from Elle or Vogue as a judge. Posh Spice? Please!

I gotta throw in with a previous poster and say that I actually liked many outfits in the Wendy Pepper show.

Also, is that true? Austin Scarlett is the most successful ex-PR contestant?

By which standards? Profits? Fame and glory? Makes you want to ask 'Where Are They Now' for many of the previous contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;2816778;
    By which standards? Profits? Fame and glory? Makes you want to ask 'Where Are They Now' for many of the previous contestants.
    I thought Austin was just one of the shopgirls at Kenneth Pool/Amsale, but apparently he's a big deal there. From their website:
    Having gained recognition and praise for his sophisticated and striking designs on Bravo's first season of Project Runway, Austin Scarlett now wields his creative talent as the designer and creative director at the helm of KENNETH POOL.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I think him designing wedding dresses is so him and its ironic that Amsale was the guest judge for the wedding dress challange.

Quote Originally Posted by tousselchick;2824353;
    I think him designing wedding dresses is so him and its ironic that Amsale was the guest judge for the wedding dress challange.
    I remember the challenge but not his dress specifically.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2824470;
    I remember the challenge but not his dress specifically.

Personally I think the judges, specifically Heidi, were hypocrites. While I don't think Austin should have won, I don't think he should have been penalized for doing something out there. I remember Heidi's first speech about the challenge, saying that the wedding gown could be "traditional white...or a red minidress!" She implied that they were looking for the designers to think outside the box. Well Austin was the only one who did, and suddenly they were appalled. Pfft.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Thanks for the picture, I remember it now. I think the judges, including the guest judges are constantly contradicting themselves. I watched the marathon today and in the Sarah Jessica Parker episode, Christian's dress did indeed look just like his sketch. While I didn't care for the outfit, he was right to question her about that.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2824491;
    Personally I think the judges, specifically Heidi, were hypocrites. While I don't think Austin should have won, I don't think he should have been penalized for doing something out there. I remember Heidi's first speech about the challenge, saying that the wedding gown could be "traditional white...or a red minidress!" She implied that they were looking for the designers to think outside the box. Well Austin was the only one who did, and suddenly they were appalled. Pfft.
    I think the reason why Austin was in the bottom two was because you can see its not something Austin Scarlett would do, he totally bowed to the model/client and the challenge was to keep yourself in the design but make the client happy too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast