+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jack - Season 4

Re: Jack - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt;2697652;
    i will repeat here what i said in another thread and that is that i think it was highly unfair to the other contestants (not to mention bordering on cheating) that jack used his own pants as a pattern in the tiki barber challenge.

remember the guy who got eliminated (last season i think?) for having the pattern book???no difference if u ask me...

dont know why others didnt protest much/more or make a bigger stink.maybe because he is such a nice guy and has aids or they didnt want to make waves so soon, who knows?if that red haired woman who was finalist from last season (dont remember her name now) was on i bet she would have said something about it, because she sure did when she thought jeffrey had cheated.
    It wasn't against the rules for him to use his pants as a pattern. He even asked Tim to be sure it was okay, and even Tim okayed it. I remember Vincent using his pants as a pattern in past seasons. It isn't cheating at all.

i will repeat here what i said in another thread and that is that i think it was highly unfair to the other contestants (not to mention bordering on cheating) that jack used his own pants as a pattern in the tiki barber challenge.

remember the guy who got eliminated (last season i think?) for having the pattern book???no difference if u ask me...

dont know why others didnt protest much/more or make a bigger stink.maybe because he is such a nice guy and has aids or they didnt want to make waves so soon, who knows?if that red haired woman who was finalist from last season (dont remember her name now) was on i bet she would have said something about it, because she sure did when she thought jeffrey had cheated.
    Well, they all have clothes but only one guy had pattern books so there is a difference. And from what I've seen, yes he is a nice guy, but I hope that the other contestants don't look at him differently, in any way, for having aids. I'm guessing that they didn't thought it was cheating becuase it seems like reality TV contestants are quite quick to bring up anything that would put them in a better light.

hope jack is o.k. by now-- sad what happened bad/lousy timing for sure but i think he did the right thing in leaving by putting his health first...
    "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.Aloud."
    -Coco Chanel

It was sad he had to leave. i hope they let him in again like in the next season or something.

I was sorry to see him go as I like him and think he has talent.

As for the "pattern" issue, the key for me is that he ASKED Tom ahead of time if they could use their own clothes as a pattern for that challenge. Tom said they absolutely could.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2708884;
    Awwwww...apparently Jack is dating Dale from Top Chef!

I updated my avatar so anyone who hasn't seen them together (yet) can see how happy they look. Best wishes guys!
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

I hope Jack will be able to come back for the next season to compete again. After all, they did it for Daniel Franco. Jack is just as deserving to come back. However, if he doesn't come back, I hope to be able to see his designs in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2719001;
    I updated my avatar so anyone who hasn't seen them together (yet) can see how happy they look. Best wishes guys!
    they make a nice looking couple so glad dale ditched the mohawk, he looks really good-- and so much better without it imo!
    "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.Aloud."
    -Coco Chanel

Vincent did do that last season, it's called a rub-off. It's not the same as having a pattern book. They're not allowed to bring in books or anything like that, it's part of their contracts. A book could give them ideas, not just help them make patterns.

They do have tools to make patterns with, but a rub-off is quick and easy, especially if you have to do a tailored item.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2713208;
    but I hope that the other contestants don't look at him differently, in any way, for having aids.
    He said he's HIV positive, that he doesn't have AIDS. There's a big difference. He could go on forever and never develop AIDS, if he's careful and stays on his meds. That would mean far fewer general health issues and medications.

I hope he's invited back next season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast