Thread: Chris March - Season 4

Re: Chris - Season 4

i love chris.. but his costumey designs.. no way
    trust in God,have faith
    FANTASTIC KATALYST/KATWALKER
    "KATAlyzing the KATwalk"
    Kataclauremeenya

I do think he tends to go in the costume direction, but given the outfits for the final challenge, I really don't think they were any different than the ones Rami chose to present. I was sad to see him go as I'd rather him and his personality over the Rami designs.

But I'm sure he's already made a name for himself and will continue to do extremely well. I just really liked him!

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2818224;
    I loved, his long black dress, it was stunning. Yes, it needed a slit to walk, but a slit would have hurt the line he was after.
    I finally found the reference I was looking for. Late Edwardian/pre-World War I, there was a style called the hobble skirt. Nearly the same type of thing. It's also a common style among goths.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2819857;
    But I guess this rule is a recent development: didn't Kara Saun use fur in some of her pieces?
    Yeah she did, unless it was fake. Her final peice on the bryant park show the long white dress had a white fur stole and in the postal challenge the vest I think had fur lining but I could be wrong on that.

Looks like Chris is starting to take some of those offers he has talked about:
    Catch Up with Runway's Chris March, TVGuide.com's New Cohost!

by Gina DiNunno

You couldn't help but love his larger-than-life persona and infectious laugh, and starting this week, Project Runway's Chris March will be joining TVGuide.com for an all-new Web show. But this time, instead of having to listen to the judges, this New York-based designer and Season 4 alum will be dishing out his own critique of Season 5 contestants.

March, 44, is a freelance costume designer with a client list that includes everyone from Madonna to Cirque du Soleil. The San Francisco native earned great acclaim for his giant trademark hats and wigs on America's longest-running musical theater revue, Beach Blanket Babylon. The self-taught designer's innovative creations have appeared on ET, Tyra and the Today show, and March's unorthodox approach to fashion was also profiled in the New York Times.

During last season's Runway finale, we saw some of March's seriously outside-the-box designs. Between crocheted velvet, safety pins and even (gasp!) human hair, March's provocative creations left both the judges and fans talking.

So what's the affable designer up to these days? In addition to teaming up with TVGuide.com and blogging for Bravo and Elle's websites, March has been a very busy bee. Now in a relationship with a "super-fabulous" boyfriend, the fashion man still found time to film and design a garment (with human hair, course) for Bravo's A-List Awards. Other projects in the works for March include a hosting gig for a new fashion makeover show called Fashion Cents, a book of his costume and fashion designs, and his own "outrageous" theater show in NYC.

And for those of you who will be in San Fran next summer, be sure to note July 19 in your calendars — it's now known as "Chris March Day."

Watch clips of Project Runway in our Online Video Guide.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Thanks for posting the article on Chris, MFW.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Runway's Chris March Sues Beyonce's Designer

Aug 27, 2009 03:56 PM ET - by Gina DiNunno

Project Runway alum Chris March claims in a lawsuit that Beyonce's costume designer, Thierry Mugler, hired him to design some of the singer's costumes but didn't pay March in full.

"I just hope to get this resolved as soon as possible," March says.

March says he received more than half of the payment for his work, but that Mugler left for Paris without paying final invoices, including an invoice from Carelli Costumes a separate company hired to carry out some of the futuristic designs. The suit says March and Carelli are still owed approximately $43,500.

"Chris March's lawsuit is not against Beyonce, but rather against Thierry Mugler and Tancrede Prinz, who owe Chris money for having designed and fitted Beyonce's costumes," March's lawyer, Leslie H. Ben-Zvi said. "Beyonce paid them, but they in turn have not paid Chris. Chris continues to be a fan and great admirer of Beyonce, who looks beautiful in everything she wears, especially Chris's costumes."

March has worked with Mugler for about six years.
    Here's hoping Jay-Z doesn't get all up in his grill.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

MFW

old cow

I like Chris, unfortunatly i cant remember what his design looked like this ep. so i cant comment on that but i can say that i dont like those silly hats he wears.

You're thinking of Christopher from this current season. This article/thread is about Chris March from Season 4.

+ Reply to Thread