+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2796278;
    Anyone know why Sweet P had a collection? She came in 5th and the PR site says she came in shy of making Bryant Park. Makes no sense.
    At the time of the Bryant Park show last Friday, she was still in competition on the show. So in order to not give away who the finalists are before the finale show airs, they have everyone who is left create collections. The "decoy" collections don't get seen on the TV show, but they still get exposure when the pictures turn up on the internet, etc.

They do this every year; Austin Scarlett and Kara Janx showed collections at Fashion Week in seasons 1 and 2 for the same reason. Last year, they sent all 4 designers to Fashion Week so there was no need for a decoy.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Foot o' cleavage

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2796278;
    Anyone know why Sweet P had a collection? She came in 5th and the PR site says she came in shy of making Bryant Park. Makes no sense.
    She was a decoy. Bryant Park occurs weeks (and last year, months) before the final PR episodes air. I don't think Bravo can make 500 people sign confidentiality agreements, as evidenced by the posting of the collections hours after the show occurred last Friday. Hence, there has to be a decoy, or as in S3, no decoy, but no prior fan knowledge of that fact when they show their collections in the tents.

(edit: MF's post didn't show up, so we pretty much duplicated. My bad)
    Last edited by mitzimarmle; 02-15-2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: acknowledges MF's previous post!

FORT Fogey

I know the 4th is always a decoy I never realized that they did the 5th as well.

They never needed to do 5 before, usually they time the episodes to air so that there's only 4 left on the show when Bryant Park happens. They were a week behind this year.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I just realized, if Jillian wins, she would be ANTM's Jaslene's equivalent at PR. And in an ironic twist or maybe a hint of foreshadowing, Jillian used Jaslene as one of her models. And what's up with PR4 using 3 models from ANTM (Bianca and Dani at Chris's aside from Jaslene) at the finale? Maybe next season they'll use girls from MMAS, their sister show at Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;2797253;
    I just realized, if Jillian wins, she would be ANTM's Jaslene's equivalent at PR. And in an ironic twist or maybe a hint of foreshadowing, Jillian used Jaslene as one of her models. And what's up with PR4 using 3 models from ANTM (Bianca and Dani at Chris's aside from Jaslene) at the finale? Maybe next season they'll use girls from MMAS, their sister show at Bravo.
    Why do you think that? What do they have in common?

FORT Fogey

Because Jaslene was a finalist for Cycle 7 but didn't make top 13 and joined Cycle 8 to win that cycle. Jillian was one of the auditioners considered for a spot at last season's PR (they showed her at the pre-show) and she joined the next season (this season). So if she wins this season, she would pull a JASLENE.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;2797701;
    Because Jaslene was a finalist for Cycle 7 but didn't make top 13 and joined Cycle 8 to win that cycle. Jillian was one of the auditioners considered for a spot at last season's PR (they showed her at the pre-show) and she joined the next season (this season). So if she wins this season, she would pull a JASLENE.
    I think Chris takes the cake. He's more the Jaslene story.

FORT Fogey

I just watched the slideshow from NY Times coverage of Fashion Week. I'm not a designer so I don't know what the heck I'm talking about, my thoughts are that Christian's designs are very one-dimensional in the same way Rami's are. The only difference is that Christian's designs have so much fluff and layer that it's harder to see. To use an industry term, if you "deconstruct" Christian's clothes, all you get are skin tight pants (than only a minority of the population can wear) and fluff and layers.

I think the work of all 5 designers is stunning but based on the slideshow outfits. Each one had at least one outfit that was truley exceptional (to my taste anyway). Rami wins for elegance, Chris for artistry, and Jillian for style. I think Jillian will win. The one thing she has over the others is that her designs are more contemporary than those of the other two.

My personal favorites were Rami's evening gown in the light patterned fabric. In fact, I think that was my favorite out of all of them. Next, I really like Chris' use fabric. I loved the blue dress with the face on it and the red velour dress with 3 differnt vertical shade.
    Last edited by Jexter; 02-16-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mitzimarmle;2796573;
    She was a decoy. Bryant Park occurs weeks (and last year, months) before the final PR episodes air. I don't think Bravo can make 500 people sign confidentiality agreements, as evidenced by the posting of the collections hours after the show occurred last Friday. Hence, there has to be a decoy, or as in S3, no decoy, but no prior fan knowledge of that fact when they show their collections in the tents.

(edit: MF's post didn't show up, so we pretty much duplicated. My bad)
    Ok so if she was just a decoy, which I understand, she still REALLY showed a collection and REALLY did get to go to Bryant park. (I'm sooo confused here) I realize she went knowing she would not win, but going is such a big thing, it's a major PRIZE and a great reward. I really think this should be done another way without this ridiculous game of pretending that she didn't go when she did. I'm I missing something? Please explain it for me if I am.

+ Reply to Thread