+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 235

Thread: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

  1. #151
    Too Old to Be Nice wagegoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    60

    Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;2794543;
    It's interesting that Christian' offered snippy criticism of Chris in the final challenge because his dress was too remniscent of the couture dress from a previous challenge, and Christian's runway show had several outfits that were even closer copies of the couture dress with all of the layers. Is this the pot calling the kettle black?
    Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the video the other day.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Christian was Posh's fave. She has horrible taste, and those feathers dripping all over the runway are her to a T.

    Let me be clear: Christian has done some beautiful pieces, but much of it isn't wearable (even by him, honestly, his last competition design, based on the portrait from the MMOA made him look like a marshmallow on a toothpick), especially those d**ned skinny pants. He's designing for the runway, not the real world. You have to design pieces that are adaptable.
    Last edited by wagegoth; 02-14-2008 at 08:52 PM.

  2. #152
    FORT Newbie klmnumbers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    30

    Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

    I just looked through the slideshows and although Christian's is quite good, I have issue with like the first 6 being all black jacket/pant combos. I appreciate and respect that he didn't do a ton of evening gowns, and some of the pieces are quite beautiful, but the first thing that struck me was "gee another black pants/jacket combo".

    I read a bunch of people taking issue with Chris' use of hair, but I actually thought he pulled it off quite well, and it looked gorgeous. I'm not a fan of the first print dress, but I loved the styling of his models and it looked cohesive to me.

    I think the most innovative and strikingly beautiful set belongs to Jillian tho, and she was never my favorite during the show, but based solely on the final collection, I feel she should win.

  3. #153
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by klmnumbers;2795266;
    I just looked through the slideshows and although Christian's is quite good, I have issue with like the first 6 being all black jacket/pant combos. I appreciate and respect that he didn't do a ton of evening gowns, and some of the pieces are quite beautiful, but the first thing that struck me was "gee another black pants/jacket combo".

    I read a bunch of people taking issue with Chris' use of hair, but I actually thought he pulled it off quite well, and it looked gorgeous. I'm not a fan of the first print dress, but I loved the styling of his models and it looked cohesive to me.

    I think the most innovative and strikingly beautiful set belongs to Jillian tho, and she was never my favorite during the show, but based solely on the final collection, I feel she should win.
    I agree with you that Jillian might win although her collection was not all good. Although if you count shock value, Christian may take it. But I have a feeling that the judges might think that he is just regurgitating his old designs and that Posh might like it because she's having a fresh look. But I would rather have Christian win because his collection was more cohesive if not wearable.

  4. #154
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by wagegoth;2795184;
    Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the video the other day.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Christian was Posh's fave. She has horrible taste, and those feathers dripping all over the runway are her to a T.

    Let me be clear: Christian has done some beautiful pieces, but much of it isn't wearable (even by him, honestly, his last competition design, based on the portrait from the MMOA made him look like a marshmallow on a toothpick), especially those d**ned skinny pants. He's designing for the runway, not the real world. You have to design pieces that are adaptable.
    Actually his pieces are wearable. It just seems overload because it's worn one on top of another on top of another. Like would you wear a Balenciaga look all through out? You might want to get a Balenciaga top and wear it with jeans or wear a tee with a Balenciaga pants. Although there are people out there who wear over the top clothes like the late Isabella Blow.

  5. #155
    Yumpin' Yiminy roses4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nor. Calif. bay area
    Posts
    1,422

    Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

    I really liked Jillian's line. This is the first line since PR started that I liked in its entirety. Here's hoping she wins!
    ~~~~

    I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

  6. #156
    jmb
    jmb is offline
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    819

    Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

    From looking at the slideshows on the PR website, my guess is that Jillian will win. I found that Christian's looks were too "one note" - the skinny black pants got boring pretty fast.
    My guess is that Chris will be the 3rd designer competing for the win. Rami's outfits were 80% draping and most were just plain UGLY. Some of Chris' dresses were just gorgeous!

  7. #157
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    572

    Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

    Even if Rami doesn't get to show, I believe he'll have a strong future in fashion. Although his designs always feature draping, he does it beautifully.
    Draping will become his signature style. He's the type of designer that will be called upon for red carpet dresses.

  8. #158
    jmb
    jmb is offline
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    819

    Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by baxpup;2795935;
    Even if Rami doesn't get to show, I believe he'll have a strong future in fashion. Although his designs always feature draping, he does it beautifully.
    Draping will become his signature style. He's the type of designer that will be called upon for red carpet dresses.
    I definitely agree. There will always be a market for Rami's type of design, and I would not be surprised to see his dresses worn at many red carpet events.

  9. #159
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

    Anyone know why Sweet P had a collection? She came in 5th and the PR site says she came in shy of making Bryant Park. Makes no sense.

  10. #160
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

    Jillian. Excellent!

    Christian. I really loved this collection even though it is hard to see the details. He is bound to get some flack for all black but I they will love it.

    Rami. I liked his work too. Sophistocated and stunning.

    Any of these three could win.

    Chris. I don't think he made the final 3, just not that cutting edge or diverse.

    Sweet P. I didn't like it as a collection. There were a few interesting pieces but that is it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.