+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

Re: Christian - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests;2790943;
    Christian and Jillian both did very well, but you can certainly tell that Christian is young by looking at his line. It's a dreamer's line.
    Exactly, which is what gives me such hives about it: Christian's line is the line of someone who hasn't learned the adage, "Be in the world, but not of it." He isn't even in the world yet. It's all about his little narrow creampuff fantasy in a Tiffany box. With bigass shoulders.

I can't wait to see what he designs 3-5 years from now. Once he's experienced a smackdown or two. If he's still doing the puffy sleeves and skintight pants, then he's a lost cause.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by aga;2790896;
    I am having a difficult time identifying the models. Don't they normally wear the muse dress? Granted they may have had a model shake up, but I can't distinguish the models who were on the show throughout the competition, versus the guest models.

If someone sees the models, will you identify the model and the outfit, e.g., Lea modeling a brown paper bag for Sweet P. Thank you.
    That could be difficult. The models were such a non-presence this season, I dont remember which designer even has a favorite model other than Christian using Lisa. And I don't even like her.

The models were only used about half the time, between a menswear challenge, a slimmed-down-average-woman challenge, and a high-school-prom challenge. I can't remember a season where the models seemed like such an insignificant part of the equation.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2791043;
    Exactly, which is what gives me such hives about it: Christian's line is the line of someone who hasn't learned the adage, "Be in the world, but not of it." He isn't even in the world yet. It's all about his little narrow creampuff fantasy in a Tiffany box. With bigass shoulders.

I can't wait to see what he designs 3-5 years from now. Once he's experienced a smackdown or two. If he's still doing the puffy sleeves and skintight pants, then he's a lost cause.
    Yeah, it's pretty exciting. I just wonder if that's what the judges will want. Jillian included practicality and it was wearable, but I think she's on the same level as Christian in terms of creativeness. It all comes down to what the judges are looking for.,

Quote Originally Posted by aga;2790834;
    New York Magazine's slide show of Project Runway's Final 5.

Project Runway 4 Designers - New York Fashion Week
    Thank you for posting the link. I saw all of the collections and my personal favorites were Chris & Jillian. To me it is a toss up between the two of them. I could see Victoria Beckham in either collection, but more in Chris's designs.

The others had a few nice things. I liked some of Rami's gowns. Christian, IMHO would have done better to add some color to his collection. Sweet Pea had only a few outfits I admired.

Between Chris and Jillian, I think I'd have to root for Chris. What a great story he is. From being eliminated to coming back to win! At least I hope he does!

"If you want to change the world, change yourself."
    --Author Unknown

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2791043;

Depends on what market he's tapping into. If it's the European Haute Couture market he'd fit right in with no problems (as would Rami). If it's RTW they both will fail miserably. Neither one of them would design well for that set.

when I was watching Rami's collection I kept getting distracted by his models hair....I didnt like it and kept looking at it...goind WTF?

I liked some peices of everybodys collection. The last few of Christians collection scared me. I loved the blue Mona Lisa dress in Chris' collection and of course Rami had beautiful draped gowns, thats what he does and does well!!!!

Was Sweet P the decoy? On Getty Images, there are no photos of her with any designs.

Of the pics that were on Getty Images:
    Rami -- way too much of the same thing (a good thing, but the SAME thing)
    Christian -- good, but needs to grow more as a designer; a little too foo-foo
    Chris -- contender; designs with a sense of high fashion and edgy-ness
    Jillian -- impressive; seductive dresses, constructive jackets; I'd definitely buy her line

Think it's between "Come-Back Chris" and Jillian

missing katarzyna. SpectralRaven's Avatar

Fav. to least fav.-

1. Christian- yes, he may only be able to do one, maybe two designs, but the variations of such are just fantastic.
    2. Jillian
    3. Rami
    4. Sweet P- some of the fabrics were just dreadful
    5. Chris- some were pretty sloppily made, in my opinion. I love the nude drop waist flapper dress, as well as the one that Bianca (ANTM C9) was wearing, but other than that...
    why can't any of my antm favorites ever win?!

It's interesting that Christian' offered snippy criticism of Chris in the final challenge because his dress was too remniscent of the couture dress from a previous challenge, and Christian's runway show had several outfits that were even closer copies of the couture dress with all of the layers. Is this the pot calling the kettle black?

maybe the order in which they said there names on the site is the order of who wins(JILLIAN!!!!!!!!)

Kathleen(antm cycle 8):my gramma has no booty,my momma has no booty there for i have no booty

+ Reply to Thread