+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Seamy Side Controversy

I believe it was 2 months. I think they had 3 months this year.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;2104364;
    Question:

Does anyone remember how much time designers in previous seasons had to produce their "12 looks"??

The first season had around six months. The second season was a similar amount of time, but maybe a bit shorter. This season's is by far the shortest.

I don't know about this. I'm angry at Project Runway. I feel the "cheating" issue was a publicity stunt and I'm getting tired of PR's "good tv" thing. I think it was good that they wanted to investigate Jefferey and Laura's claims... but at the same time, I think it was a little rude of them to make it a huge deal on the show because even if he is exonerated, people are still going to think he cheated, you know? Or think that he didn't deserve to be exonerated, and then, if he wins, people are going to think he didn't deserve to win, etc. It's just going to be a never ending cycle, you see? So yeah. I'm a little worried. But I think it's also true that Jefferey wouldn't be quite so public if he were to be kicked off the show, but that could go both ways, too. I'm not sure. I just don't know. I really hope he gets exonerated and he is still eligible to win PR because it would just be {edit} if he wasn't still eligible and he got to show, you know? But as far as winning goes... I think it may be Laura.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 10-17-2006 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Language
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

I re-watched last week's show and I noticed that when Tim visited Jeffrey at his work place(factory), the outfits that Jeffrey showed Tim looked like they were already finished and ready to go (wrapped in plastic). Jeffrey's outfits also looked the same way when he got to Bryant Park. What was the time line from when Tim visited Jeffrey and going to Bryant Park? It's very possible that Jeffrey's collection was finished when Tim visted him.

From reading everyone's comments and look at outside sources, here is what I came up with....

Two Points for Jeffrey being cleared-

1-Heidi Klum's comments on Leno-I don't think that Heidi would just say that Laura was jealous, if Jeffrey was found guilty. I will go one step further and say that I don't think the Heidi would say that about Laura if she won PR. I don't think Heidi or PR would want their winner to look bad.

2-No mention on the show about the Laura/Jeffrey's mothers having spoken, which has been the subject of many news sources (but this might be a factor in him getting cut if it's discussed on this Wednesday's show).

Two points for Jeffrey being cut-

1-The preview on the Project Runway website for this week's ep. It shows 2mins. of the show. It's the day of the runway show. It only shows Michael, Uli and Laura getting up in the morning, going to see the building and then preparing for the show. Jeffrey is not even seen in the background. Now the clip could be editted that way for the website and be different on the show, but I don't think that is the case.

2-On last week's show (and in the podcast/mp3 on the website) Tim made the comment that it took Jeffrey a while to get his receipts together to give to him. This could be foreshadowing to perhaps them cutting Jeffrey since his receipts didn't add up.

I would place Jeffrey's and Laura's public comments under each of the possibilites. It's their opinions. Jeffrey will maintain saying that he is innocent even was cut. And Laura will always say that she thinks that Jeffrey had help if he was cleared.

This is an odd thought, but, why do I keep flashing on that movie Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead?

In it, Christina Applegate plays a teen who has to get a job to take care of her sibs one summer. She fudges a resumé, and works as a fashion designer. She 'hires' her siblings and friends (without pay) to help her put on the fashion show. All the while she's been dipping into petty cash at work to feed the household.

When the fashion show is a success, a jealous girl at work accuses her of embezzling. The boss begrudgingly agrees to ask Christina about this. Christina fudges some receipts and presents the box full of receipts where petty cash used to be. Happy ending.

I'm not drawing comparisons, but those scenes kept coming to mind. Conclusion? This dilemma would all make a fairly entertaining early 1990s Blockbuster rental.
    Last edited by Brandy; 10-16-2006 at 08:07 PM.

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mertii;2104652;
    From reading everyone's comments and look at outside sources, here is what I came up with....

1-The preview on the Project Runway website for this week's ep. It shows 2mins. of the show. It's the day of the runway show. It only shows Michael, Uli and Laura getting up in the morning, going to see the building and then preparing for the show. Jeffrey is not even seen in the background. Now the clip could be editted that way for the website and be different on the show, but I don't think that is the case.

Mertil, I'm getting into this kind of late since I've been out of the country and just today saw the show that Jeffrey was accused of cheating on.

I'm not sure the above quote is a valid point though, since we already know Jeffrey did show at Fashion Week. I guess it's possible they already decided, based on who knows what, that he was guilty and booted him but let him show anyway since they knew it was going to be out there and people would wonder about why they only had three people showing.

I just know I'm pretty sick of this show. It's less and less about fashion every week and more about contrived situations and totally obnoxious people. I'm not going to bother watching any more after this season.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Here are my thoughts on how last week's promo went-

We all know Jeffrey shows at Designer Week.
    And we all know how these shows edit, edit, edit to make all sorts of illusions.
    So, the promo goes...
    Tim: "Unfortunately..."
    And they cut to Jeffrey getting a hug and

I figure Tim actually says: "Unfortunately...
    There was an accusation made and as you all know from earlier in the season, we take these types of concerns very seriously. Rules are rules and we must investigate. However, we've found no evidence that you have done anything but your own work, Jeffrey, so good luck at Fashion Week!"
    Cut to Jeffrey crying...with relief.

Of course I have NO WAY of knowing this, but it's just kinda how I sorted it out in my own head last week.

We'll seeeee!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2104729;
    I'm not drawing comparisons, but those scenes kept coming to mind. Conclusion? This dilemma would all make a fairly entertaining early 1990s Blockbuster rental.
    Brandy, too funny! At least that movie ended in approx. two hours. This is dragging on for a week.

Darn that Bravo for luring me in. Darn them!

FORT Regular

But would he and Laura still be friends?

Quote Originally Posted by volatility;2104447;
    I don't know about this. I'm angry at Project Runway. I feel the "cheating" issue was a publicity stunt and I'm getting tired of PR's "good tv" thing. I think it was good that they wanted to investigate Jefferey and Laura's claims... but at the same time, I think it was a little rude of them to make it a huge deal on the show because even if he is exonerated, people are still going to think he cheated, you know? Or think that he didn't deserve to be exonerated, and then, if he wins, people are going to think he didn't deserve to win, etc. It's just going to be a never ending cycle, you see? So yeah. I'm a little worried. But I think it's also true that Jefferey wouldn't be quite so public if he were to be kicked off the show, but that could go both ways, too. I'm not sure. I just don't know. I really hope he gets exonerated and he is still eligible to win PR because it would just be {edit} if he wasn't still eligible and he got to show, you know? But as far as winning goes... I think it may be Laura.
    Volatility, you make a very valid point. I would P-O'd to the nth degree if this was me. Upon further reflection, I think you are right and he is exonerated. Why would he be on shows stating that he loves Laura if this wasn't the case?
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 10-17-2006 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Edit quoted post for language

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast