+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me View Post
    I don't think Laura was jealous, especially since Michael agreed with her and there's no way he'd be jealous of Jeffrey.

As an educator who has questioned a few guilty parties, I think Jeffrey is one, too. He didn't look at Tim in the eye when Jeffrey was answering Tim's concerns. Jeffrey's diverting eyes is a sign of deception. Even Judge Judy said that's how she knows someone isn't being honest. lol
    I disagree. I think that they were jealous. They both made comments about Jeffrey not having to make changes while they were busy working to try and get their alterations made before the show. I bet money that Jeffrey choose models that all had the same build, since that was the look and feel he said he was going for (like the wigs). So if he made his clothes to fit the form and that form matched the models he picked... of coarse he wouldn't have to make many, if any changes. While Laura grabbed one model with a chest and another because she had hips. Of coarse she is going to be working hard. I think Laura's emotions might be just a bit out of the norm for her, since she is pregnant.

But if any of them knew Jeffrey, they would have know that Jeffrey did all of the sewing of his clothes, before he was making alot of money and could hire others to help him. It has been discussed alot on and off the show. Tim Gunn even said in one of his first podcasts (on the website) that Jeffrey is "good at sewing.... Jeffrey just had to get back into the swing of things."

I loved that Uli pointed out that Jeffrey's clothes were not that perfect.

As far as Jeffrey not looking at Tim... he was showing Tim his line and was looking at his collection. I think that Jeffrey wanted to make certain that he didn't miss anything. I was proud that he pointed out the two pieces that he did have someone fix the pleating. Plus I think that he felt that Tim thought he was guilty and hated the fact that he might have lost Tim's respect. I would have been looking down because I felt like I let someone down.... not because I was guilty.

Quite honestly, I am sure that Jeffrey got to show during fashion week. And agree with others that Bravo is just playing this up in order to boost ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    If you go by what is posted on screen Tim visited the designers at the 4 week mark and 2 weeks later they are in town, so they had 6 weeks at home and 2 weeks in NYC to finish and Jeff was not doing any sewing in NYC and he claimed to have done all 12 pieces in 6 weeks plus another collection for his company all by himself that is a lot of work.
    You are right that is alot of work. But there were pieces in Jeffrey's collection that probably only took a few hours to get done (start to finish). Look at that halter dress. That dress wouldn't have taken more than a few hours to get done.

It's about time management and knowing what you can get done in time. There were some pieces that take more time than others. Myself and several friends do alot of costuming work. It's not that hard to manage your time, if you know what you have to get done by a certain time frame. We can tell you that if we are working a pattern for the first time it takes way much longer than working on a pattern that you have done before. The more that you work with certain patterns, even making modifications to them, will not take alot of time from that point on either. I think that Jeffrey worked with what he knew. Sadly the other three don't have the same amount of experience as Jeffrey.

I am betting that Jeffrey honestly had other people working on his other collection. He only had to design the clothes for his other collection. Plus, he did say that he only slept 3 hours a night and only worked (no family time). 20-21 hours of work a day does start to add up.

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The difference was the time. People from season 1 and season 2 had 6 months to prepare for Olympus Fashion week and season 3 folks only had 2 months. Therefore if Tim visited Chole at month 3 she still had 3 more months to complete her collection. If you go by what is posted on screen Tim visited the designers at the 4 week mark and 2 weeks later they are in town, so they had 6 weeks at home and 2 weeks in NYC to finish and Jeff was not doing any sewing in NYC and he claimed to have done all 12 pieces in 6 weeks plus another collection for his company all by himself that is a lot of work.
    Tim visited this season's designers with a month left - when they came back to NY, the screen caption says "Five days to Runway" or something like that, so they didn't have two weeks left when they got there. Jeff worked non-stop at home, while people like Michael took time off (by his own admission) before getting started. People who are used to working 18 hour days, as Jeff is, can get a lot done. People who aren't used to it are going to have problems getting things done...or getting started at all, in terms of Michael.
    The thieves get rich, the saints get shot-
    And god don't answer prayers a lot.

-Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

I think the real issue and problem with the Jeffrey accusation is that the show's producers have allowed the designers to go home without supervising their production and creation of their lines, to make sure there is no outside help. This situation is clearly THE PRODUCER'S FAULT and should be addressed before the next season. I'm not saying they need a cameraman following them around for 2 months at home (that could get creepy), but at the very least, set up a web-cam in the designer's official "workspace" at home, and make sure no work is done without that camera being activated.

Laura had every right to voice her opinion on the issue. It's what she felt, and it was suspicious that Jeffrey stood around for a couple of days twiddling his thumbs, eating, and smoking out on the balcony while they scrambled to finish off their work. Who's to say he didn't just pull those leather pants off the rack at his store. It doesn't make any of them wrong, they are just expressing their concerns for the situation. Proving it will be very tough and I doubt they axe Jeffrey for this. His tears, I believe, are for his relief of being exonerated.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

FORT Fogey
    Good points muggle. I think it's also important to note, before writing Laura's accusations off as nothing but sour grapes, that it was reported outside the show that her suspicions stemmed from conversations that Laura's mom had with Jeffrey's mom. If it were based on nothing but sour grapes and jealousy, can't we give the producers enough credit to see right through that and not investigate as they did?

And I agree with those who have said that the way they teased the outcome of the investigation in the previews indicates the opposite is true, and Jeffery was found to have done nothing wrong (or at least they had no evidence that he'd done anything wrong) I would venture to guess that the actual scene they showed that we're led to believe is the outcome of the investigation may be something else entirely.

Well, good show overall.

I really like seeing the designers in their workspaces. As an artist who has my studio in my livingroom these designers inspired me. They managed to get a lot done in such confined spaces. No wonder they (except Jeffrey) want seed money for studio workspaces!

I thought Uli had a very interesting back story. After seeing her in Miami I understand where her inspiration comes from. But still, she looks like a one note type of designer. That said, of all the designers clothes I would most love to have an Uli dress.

Loved seeing all of Laura's kids. Where was the nanny though? Ain't no way Laura was taking care of those kids by herself.

I amazed at the success Jeffrey has had in such a short period of time. What a work space! I also liked seeing his family. Why are people picking on his girlfriend? They all seem to love one another and that is what's really important. Although, I'd like to know where Jeffrey and his girlfriend get their haircut - to make sure I never go there to get a haircut if I'm in LA.

As far as the controversy goes I don't believe Jeffrey had outside help. In one of the first challenges he made a dress and jacket, during the jet setter challenge he made 3 pieces, and he hand-sewed most of the couture dress - which means he does have some phenomenal sewing skills. Yes! He did admit to sending out to get pleats done. That's possibly the only thing that could get him in trouble Or is it permissible?

I do think Laura was a bit jealous. I'll chalk it up to pregnancy hormones, and the stress and frustration of her own collection not being finished. Did she forget he's been doing this professionally (and successfully!) for several years. Also, from what we saw Tim Gunn gushed over Jeffrey's pieces more than anyone elses. I think that could have made the other designers feel even more stressed out and quick to jump to conclusions. I loved it Uli tried to point out everything wasn't as well done as it looked. And even Michael made Laura confront Jeffrey with her accusatitions.

I think the show is playing this up or I don't think they would all be friendly with one another. Although, they made me really worry the way they had edited next week's show. It would be such a downer to see Jeffrey get cut.

I really think Jeffrey show win. Period. He has the most broad and innovative collection.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle View Post
    Laura had every right to voice her opinion on the issue. It's what she felt, and it was suspicious that Jeffrey stood around for a couple of days twiddling his thumbs, eating, and smoking out on the balcony while they scrambled to finish off their work.
    Given the nature of this competition, I wonder if there should be some consequences for someone who voices an opinion in an effort to harm another contestant when it turns out there is no evidence of a wrong doing.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    I think it's also important to note, before writing Laura's accusations off as nothing but sour grapes, that it was reported outside the show that her suspicions stemmed from conversations that Laura's mom had with Jeffrey's mom. If it were based on nothing but sour grapes and jealousy, can't we give the producers enough credit to see right through that and not investigate as they did?

Most "reports" like this are not uncovered by busy investigative reporters, but rather they end up in the news based on press releases and other hints dropped by a company's public relations office. Once BRAVO knew it had a nice controversy on video tape, what better way to get free publicity than to spread that information around the pseudo-news/magazine industry?

I raise this only to point out that it is tough to draw a conclusion about Jeffery's guilt or innocence based on this information being reported outside the show.

FORT Newbie
    From photos I'd seen online of FW, I didn't really think much of Jeffery's collection, but after seeing some pieces in more detail and up close on the show, I really like it a lot more than the others (though I do like Laura's glam). I am firmly in the Jeff didn't cheat camp. As others have said, he has been working at this profession for several years, whereas Laura is more of a dabbler who sews for herself, no? And speaking as someone who, when starting a project I am really into, can work tirelessly for hours without breaking, and days with little thought of anything else until I am done, I can easily see him creating all those pieces in the allotted time.

And perhaps there is a difference of Uli, Laura, and Michael just looking at this as just another PR challenge, the point being to get their stuff out as quickly as possible and just good enough to fool Nina, Heidi, and Michael Kors; while maybe Jeffrey was looking at it as showing during Olympus fashion week, and the point was to make every last detail perfect to the best of his abilities as it was going to make an impression on the whole world and could be a real boost to his already-established business.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by goodygman View Post
    Once BRAVO knew it had a nice controversy on video tape, what better way to get free publicity than to spread that information around the pseudo-news/magazine industry?
    So that after three years of striving to produce a quality reality competition show where contestants and their talent are respected and celebrated, they could make clear to people considering trying out for Project Runway or Top Chef in the future that they're more than willing to accuse a person of cheating and damage that person's credibility in the name of ratings?

+ Reply to Thread