+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Fashion Week **Possible Spoilers**

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by tumblin' dice View Post
    I am really impressed with Jeffrey. He can do elegant, he can do edgy. He's thinking far ahead of the rest of them. They've all made beautiful clothes for the runway, all four of them. Jeff's is the only collection that makes one pause and look again. That's what fashion is all about - something new, something different, something nobody's done before.

If that weren't the case, we'd all still be wearing disco, you know? So Jeff's clothes are unconventional - they're still beautiful. Beauty + unconventionality IS fashion.
    I notice you are very new here and the only thing you seem to do is post comments very positive about Jeffrey. Are you perhaps a friend of his? or Jeffrey himself? Wouldn't be the first time that has happened at a FORT forum.

I think very, very few people agree with your accessment. I don't see anything the slightest bit elegant about Jeffrey or his designs. I think only a rock groupie wannabe or a celebutard would wear them.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 09-15-2006 at 08:13 PM.

Jeffrey's collection is spectacular. Bravo.

1. Jeff - Brilliant. Interesting cuts, amazing styling, beautiful fabric combinations and silhouettes. Fashion forward and innovative but wearable. I see traces of Marc Jacobs, but he has a very strong, individual POV. Wasn't a HUGE fan of his work on the show, but this collection is STELLAR.

2. Ulrike - Wonderful. Particularly the pieces in which she leaves her comfort zone.. great work. It's between her and Jeff IMO (assuming she isn't the decoy).

3. Micheal - I expected much more from him. There are some great pieces here (that Uli-esque print gown is a stunner), but there are some "taste issues" just like Nina said in the Road to the Runway. I guess without the contraints and guidelines of the challenges he crumbles...

4. Laura - stale, stale, Oscar de La Renta, stale, Carolina Herrera, stale, stale, Chanel, stale, stale, stale, RHINESTONES.
    Last edited by Brakhage; 09-15-2006 at 07:52 PM.

Are we even sure that one of these people ARE a decoy this year? It said something on the teaser about this year they might not take 3 to the finale, perhaps all FOUR of them are still in the running? Or maybe not. lol Who knows. I do however feel that Laura had the best show, her stuff was classic, elegant, beautiful... you can say what you want about it being boring, but the bottom line is that stuff would sell, she may be more "safe" than jeffrey, but half of his stuff is hideous... a red polka dot dress? really? and what was up with that green striped thing he put his main model in, it was SO unflattering, she is tiny but looks FAT! Uli was better than I thought she would be, and I was dissapointed in Michael, I expected him to do something more than a music video shoot, which is what he did before runway... *Sigh* oh well...
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

FORT Fogey
    Interesting to hear the feelings about Michael's collection. Here is an article about the show:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060915/...ia_runway_dc_1

"The audience favorite clearly was Michael Knight, who throughout the season showed judges thoughtfully tailored designs, but took chances in this collection.

Starting with an ivory and gold palette, the Atlanta-based designer showed lace-up tops and smock jackets, used strong colors such as deep fuchsia and metallic orange and went for the bold with a futuristic swimsuit that appeared to be made of shimmering liquid gold."

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82 View Post
    and what was up with that green striped thing he put his main model in, it was SO unflattering, she is tiny but looks FAT!

That was actually one of my top 3 faves from his collection! I think it's fantastic/ Oh well, there's no accounting for taste I guess...

It would be totaly awesome if there was no decoy...

I think the green-striped dress was unflattering. I think I called it bad Bob Mackie for a Cher or Carol Burnett sketch before the threads got merged. Too cartoony, it looks like she should have bloomers on underneath.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan
    Video of Jay McCarroll's collection is up.

http://www.olympusfashionweek.com/sp...jay_mccarroll/

Pictures at the Getty site but I couldn't post it right.

My favorite from each collection:

Laura:

Uli:

Michael:

Jeffrey:

Last edited by Brandy; 09-15-2006 at 09:01 PM.

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    I notice you are very new here and the only thing you seem to do is post comments very positive about Jeffrey. Are you perhaps a friend of his? or Jeffrey himself? Wouldn't be the first time that has happened at a FORT forum.

I think very, very few people agree with your accessment. I don't see anything the slightest bit elegant about Jeffrey or his designs. I think only a rock groupie wannabe or a celebutard would wear them.
    lol... I WISH I had Jeffrey's talent! No, dear, I am not Jeffrey, nor am I one of his friends - though I wish I were. Is there a problem with my posting positive comments about Jeffrey? Am I not permitted to say what I think?

I wouldn't say a word about your inability to see elegance in Jeffrey's clothing. Think what you want ... we simply disagree. I support your right to say what you think - it's a shame you don't extend that right to other people. Are you Angela's mom, by the way? Wouldn't be the first time that has happened... :-)

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakhage View Post
    Jeffrey's collection is spectacular. Bravo.

1. Jeff - Brilliant. Interesting cuts, amazing styling, beautiful fabric combinations and silhouettes. Fashion forward and innovative but wearable. I see traces of Marc Jacobs, but he has a very strong, individual POV. Wasn't a HUGE fan of his work on the show, but this collection is STELLAR.

3. Micheal - I expected much more from him. There are some great pieces here (that Uli-esque print gown is a stunner), but there are some "taste issues" just like Nina said in the Road to the Runway. I guess without the contraints and guidelines of the challenges he crumbles...
    You know, I liked Michael's work during the show... and he has a couple of pieces in the final four that I really like, too. But what you said about the "constraints and guidelines of the show" make sense. If you'll remember, Tim Gunn "advised" him on his Icon outfit (the red hot-pants number), his Garbage outfit (told him to alter the skirt, because it wasn't working) and his Jetsetter outfit (told him to get rid of the motorcycle jacket and the t-shirt).

Maybe Michael is just still a little green - and he could use a year at Parsons. Obviously, without Tim's fatherly eye, he wouldn't have won the challenges he won, nor come in second to Jeffrey in the jetsetter challenge. I think Michael has tremendous potential - he just needs some seasoning.

Jeff, on the other hand, didn't seem to need Tim's tutoring to win. Both times he won, he did it all himself.

+ Reply to Thread