+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: 8/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

[QUOTE=Runway victim;2041960]Too bad the designers couldn't have checked out this site prior to the show- http://www.elegantplus.com/Models/fashion-week.htm

September 2005 Fashion Week Plus size fashion show

Not all of the designs are great - but some are really cute & much nicer than anything we saw on the runway the other night.
    It also mentions plus size model Crystall Renn at the Jean-Paul Gaultier Show in Paris, Spring '06 Collection
    & the John Galliano Show in Paris, Spring '06 Collection featured Three Plus-size Models

Nina should know this being Fashion Director of Elle.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'll have to agree with you -- NOT all of the designs are great - honestly -- i think some of the stuff on the website you posted -- it just as bad -- and at least one is worse - than what the designers on PR did for the last challenge --- again thats just MHO -- -
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

did anyone watch the episode 7 bonus video (at bravotv.com) of jeffery and darlene (angela's mom)? some funny stuff there --- with all the designers -- when robert tells vincent not to make a hat for ulis mom LOL -- and then uli says to vincent to a hat and to make a long dress with a little slit in it LOL

according to michael - she agreed to the colors and design - then when she came in for a fitting - she decided she didn't like either --- hmmmm

i agree jeffery could have been a bit more nice with her -- but -- she isn't all that innocent -- not that its right -- but she has such a passive personality that its like a welcome rug for you to mistreat her -- again - i don't agree that you should -- but -- maybe she needs to see someone about - getting better self esteem - more confidance -- hell - i wonder where her daughter got it from ???? .... again -- jeffery should have been nicer -- but she should have the respect for herself to have stood up to him ...not just run to her daughter and cry - and not to finally say something once her daughter started to on stage ..... but thats just MO .....
    Last edited by firechica; 08-29-2006 at 08:39 PM.
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

Quote Originally Posted by firechica View Post
    did anyone watch the episode 7 bonus video (at bravotv.com) of jeffery and darlene (angela's mom)? some funny stuff there --- with all the designers -- when robert tells vincent not to make a hat for ulis mom LOL -- and then uli says to vincent to a hat and to make a long dress with a little slit in it LOL

according to michael - she agreed to the colors and design - then when she came in for a fitting - she decided she didn't like either --- hmmmm

i agree jeffery could have been a bit more nice with her -- but -- she isn't all that innocent -- not that its right -- but she has such a passive personality that its like a welcome rug for you to mistreat her -- again - i don't agree that you should -- but -- maybe she needs to see someone about - getting better self esteem - more confidance -- hell - i wonder where her daughter got it from ???? .... again -- jeffery should have been nicer -- but she should have the respect for herself to have stood up to him ...not just run to her daughter and cry - and not to finally say something once her daughter started to on stage ..... but thats just MO .....

i don't get it....the part where he yelled at her and told her he was just going to make what he wanted to make was before the fitting and that's when she cried. that's also when she told Tim she didn't like the outfit. soo she did tell him before the fitting.

Rum
    FORT Newbie

Well if this were the case, in her defense, I know that sometimes you can be described an idea that sounds pretty good, but then when you see it actually coming together, you may think otherwise. However, I now have a better understanding of why he was so annoyed. That still doesn't excuse his horrible behaviour. Designers must deal with indecisive and picky customers all of the time, and any professional would know how to remain collected and patient and respond civily. There were a thousand other ways he could have handled that situation, and the fact that he chose to be an insulting, belligerent jerk speaks volumes about not only his character, but his ability (or lack there of) to problem solve and communicate with other people.

but she has such a passive personality that its like a welcome rug for you to mistreat her -- again - i don't agree that you should -- but -- maybe she needs to see someone about - getting better self esteem - more confidance
    I've never understood why some (I'm not saying you - after all, you also say he shouldn't have) see a people-pleaser, passive type as being a doormat. Where I come from it's just good manners to try to phrase things politely and ask for things quietly.

Maybe Jeffrey's just used to a blunter, rougher crowd? I dunno. It's puzzling though. I'd think that rock stars and famous people would be more of a diva than a volunteer worker from Ohio (sorry can't recall where she's from)? So - his claim she was being difficult? His losing his temper over it? I think Jeffrey was just taking his stuff out on her.

I dunno whether she needs counseling or not... my hunch is that she won't look into that because she may not value being brasher or louder. At least, that's how I peg her as seeing "standing up for herself". It's true that she didn't communicate her wishes extremely strongly... But Jeffrey was a bad communicator in his own right.

I felt sorry for her because this experience may have sounded exciting and glamorous to her... and then she gets dumped on, on national Tv. (And called a Starship Enterprise in an interview, to boot). Angela isn't my favorite contestant but I was on her side with this one.

+ Reply to Thread