+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Kathy Najimy Sounds Off

But I thought the point was an everyday outfit for an everyday woman? Not high fashion.

I think the point Kathy was making, was that the show was referring to tiny models as "zaftig" and that is a bad message to send out. I think the issue of how people gain weight is sort of beside the point, for the episode and Kathy's article both.

The show didn't need to have an attitude of 'plus size - ewwww'. Robert's attitude was underlined in the interview he later gave. Saying it's more difficult because it's not what they're used to is one thing. But the immature way some in the episode referred to women's figures which are not like Nazri's (including one of the models, so, 'obesity' wasn't the issue) was needless.

I noticed later showings edited out some of the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    But I thought the point was an everyday outfit for an everyday woman? Not high fashion.

I think the point Kathy was making, was that the show was referring to tiny models as "zaftig" and that is a bad message to send out. I think the issue of how people gain weight is sort of beside the point, for the episode and Kathy's article both.

The show didn't need to have an attitude of 'plus size - ewwww'. Robert's attitude was underlined in the interview he later gave. Saying it's more difficult because it's not what they're used to is one thing. But the immature way some in the episode referred to women's figures which are not like Nazri's (including one of the models, so, 'obesity' wasn't the issue) was needless.

I noticed later showings edited out some of the comments.
    I totally agree!! BRAVA!
    Shaken, not stirred.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567