+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heidi's Choice: Favorite Runway Design from each Season

Heidi's Choice: Favorite Runway Design from each Season

Heidi's Runway Picks

Her favorite designs from the show
    As an exclusive to LIFE.com, Project Runway host Heidi Klum names her top designs from each of the past three seasons

Season One
    "The Austin Scarlett corn husk dress—it was the first challenge, so it was a nice surprise to see such creativity and innovation when the designers were thrown for a loop by having no traditional materials to work with. The dress actually looked gorgeous and like a real dress rather than groceries gone wrong."

Season Two
    "Chloe Dao’s dress that she created for the very first ‘clothes off your back’ challenge. She had the least material to work with and yet she turned out a very chic, modern dress that didn’t look like scraps."

Season Three
    "So far: Michael Knight’s coffee filter dress for the first challenge. He didn’t make it into the top three [of the challenge], but the dress was beautiful, really original and as well-constructed as something could be from such delicate material."

Link

Season Three
    "So far: Michael Knight’s coffee filter dress for the first challenge. He didn’t make it into the top three [of the challenge], but the dress was beautiful, really original and as well-constructed as something could be from such delicate material."
    So WHY again didn't it make the cut as one of the top ensembles?!?! Enquiring minds want to know...and many of us thought it was one of the best as well, certainly more innovative than sheet boy's outfit...

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan View Post
    So WHY again didn't it make the cut as one of the top ensembles?!?! Enquiring minds want to know...and many of us thought it was one of the best as well, certainly more innovative than sheet boy's outfit...

Yeah if it was her favorite why didn't Michael get into the top 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmqn View Post
    Yeah if it was her favorite why didn't Michael get into the top 3?

There are four judges.

The producers give input, as well.

Michael's our sleeper. They couldn't pimp him right out of the box, or it might have clued us in that they thought he was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakhage View Post
    There are four judges.
    Yes, but if Heidi rated it highly, I'm curious why the other judges rated it so much lower...so it didn't make the final three.

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan View Post
    Yes, but if Heidi rated it highly, I'm curious why the other judges rated it so much lower...so it didn't make the final three.
    His dress got 4th place most likely -- plus I'm not sure if this may have counted against him, but he still constructed the dress out of muslin first then affixed the coffee filters to it.

Still a VERY gorgeous dress.

Is it me, or does Chloe's dress resemble alot of what Vincent does with the pockets (eg. the "Twiggy" disaster, and the Basket Head dress). I never really liked Chloe's dress, and I really, really can't stand Vincent's work, so I think there's a common thread running through the two. The freaking pockets are ugly!
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    Is it me, or does Chloe's dress resemble alot of what Vincent does with the pockets (eg. the "Twiggy" disaster, and the Basket Head dress). I never really liked Chloe's dress, and I really, really can't stand Vincent's work, so I think there's a common thread running through the two. The freaking pockets are ugly!
    I was thinking the same thing about the pockets looking similar. I never thought that Chloe's dress looked all that hot either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast