+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Laura Bennett - Season 3

I have always liked Laura, her consistent, elegant creations, and the fact that she isn't some rich frump sitting on her behind. After watching the bonus footage I like her even more. I loved it when she went on about her mean reputation with Robert (another victim of editing. He is even funnier than the show let on) and they were riffing about her being the Wicked Witch of the West. If you can laugh t yourself, you're ok in my book (I guess you would have to learn with all those children).

FORT Newbie
    Haha. According to Laura one of her children will be a stoner and one will be gay. I hope for her sake that its not the same one!

Laura is my favorite designer of this season. I always love her creations. I am just glad that she gets a chance to show her collection at Fashion Week.

Seems like there is a lot of fuss about Laura suspecting Jeffrey. I think she had the right to speak her mind and I think many people would in her situation. She's there to win, fair and square and if she suspects a cheater, it's totally within her rights to voice her suspicion.

1) Jeffrey said his business has been extremely busy.

2) Jeffrey is the only one completely done by fashion week, ever, in the history of the show. Weird.

3) Jeffrey's weasely and prone to denial/lying, e.g. reunion show.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Quote Originally Posted by gpsysngbrd;2094556;
    Haha. According to Laura one of her children will be a stoner and one will be gay. I hope for her sake that its not the same one!

err... why not?

FORT Newbie
    I absolutely love Laura, and all of her designs. She is the only one of the designers capable of being truly couture, and I was so disappointed that Jeffrey won. I do believe that Jeffrey had outside help. I have been sewing since I was five. No kidding. Grograin-covered seam allowances? From him, and he was completely done, when two weeks before Tim said he had a lot of work to do? He is a total jerk. Laura is beautiful, classy, and truly capable of gowns that are classics like Chanel. Jeffrey is one for the LA Gen X crowd, plus, I don't believe he made everything.

Laura always came so well dressed. My mother always told me better to over dress than under dress. Even when there was a party, the others showed up in sloppy clothes. It looked like they were going to a pajama party and not to a private party hosted by exclusive designers. UGH.

She is a breath of fresh air, and definitely a touch of class.

Quote Originally Posted by rangergirl;2108990;
    I absolutely love Laura, and all of her designs. She is the only one of the designers capable of being truly couture, and I was so disappointed that Jeffrey won. I do believe that Jeffrey had outside help. I have been sewing since I was five. No kidding. Grograin-covered seam allowances? From him, and he was completely done, when two weeks before Tim said he had a lot of work to do? He is a total jerk. Laura is beautiful, classy, and truly capable of gowns that are classics like Chanel. Jeffrey is one for the LA Gen X crowd, plus, I don't believe he made everything.

Laura always came so well dressed. My mother always told me better to over dress than under dress. Even when there was a party, the others showed up in sloppy clothes. It looked like they were going to a pajama party and not to a private party hosted by exclusive designers. UGH.

She is a breath of fresh air, and definitely a touch of class.
    Rangergirl, I absolutely agree with you. I too was raised by my mother to overdress than underdress. I love that about Laura. She manages what I wish I was able to more often. While I am a novice at sewing, I can piece together a fishy puzzle when I see one. Jeffrey's collection, regardless of whether it's hideous or not, is very suspicious.

In any event, I really appreciate Laura's attention to detail and quality. These are traits that I admire and wish were more prevalent. It seems that today, it's all about style over substance. I would rather wear a high quality, well sewn classic, than anything else. There actually have been quite a few things that I liked of Jeffrey's but in the end, I feel he is overrated, his originality merely shades of others before him. Namely some of the avant-garde European and Asian designers (Galliano/Miyake). I feel it's disingenuous to reward Jeffrey for originality when he is not more so than Laura is old-school Chanel. So barring "originality", on a craftsmenship level, Laura knocks him out of the park.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

FORT Newbie

Pookipichu, you have great taste.

I agree with all you have said.

Keith had to go by the rules, but when Jeff went over budget, all he had to do was get rid of something. The wigs. No one else went over budget. The budget was something to be strictly adhered. He also did not have a reciept. So, just make new shorts.

In the case of evil Jeffrey, just throw the rules out the window. These people are fools. If you are going to pay someone else to do finer work than you are capable of doing, you aren't going to pony up a receipt for it!!!! You are going to pay under the table.

Jeff produced poorly-constructed garments all season, and suddenly, after Tim Gunn said he had, "A lot of work to do," with two weeks to go left before the runway show, he shows up with perfectly topstitched leather jeans, and grosgrain-covered seam allowances? That is not the work of Jeffrey the buffoon. He hired a professional seamstress to help him with the finishing touches, so he had it all sewn up, so to speak.

NOBODY, does it with class like Laura. The rest of them walk around like they are in pajamas, even at a party, not to mention the bedhead. Laura is a chic, sophistocated woman with classic, elegant, and yet bold tastes. She was robbed.

It all makes me sick. Some investigation and some adherance to the so-called rules. I am writing to Bravo regarding these rules. I think I am done with Project Runway. It is all a big letdown.
    Last edited by rangergirl; 10-20-2006 at 05:15 PM. Reason: misspell

It's boy number five for Laura!

Project Runway's Laura Bennett Has a Boy

SUNDAY DECEMBER 03, 2006 10:45AM EST

Architect-turned-designer Laura Bennett, a finalist on the third season of Project Runway, has welcomed her sixth child, a boy, she tells PEOPLE exclusively.

Her son Finn was born at 10:46 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 1, and weighed in at 8 lbs. Bennett says her newest child is "so cute" and that she is feeling fine.

Already a mom to four sons and a daughter (daughter Cleo, 18, from a previous marriage and sons Peik, 10, Truman, 7, Pierson, 4, and Larson, 3), Bennett, 43, discovered she was pregnant while filming the Bravo reality competition.

She didn't fuss about not having maternity clothes with her: "I'd wear these stretchy T-shirt dresses," she told PEOPLE in September.

After the Project Runway finale in October, Bennett awaited her baby's arrival at home in Manhattan with her husband, Peter Shelton, 61, who runs a design firm.

"Poor guy, he was the last to know," Bennett, a New Orleans native, told PEOPLE. "(Michael Kors's mother) Joan knew, but my husband didn't!"

In other Project Runway baby news, Heidi Klum also recently welcomed a son. And judge Nina Garcia is expecting her first child in March.
    Link
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 12-05-2006 at 01:07 PM.

Congratulations Laura!!!
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

+ Reply to Thread