+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Laura Bennett - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by gemgirlco.com View Post
    I am beginning to like Laura now. I've always liked her clothes and designs but I always hated her mean and nasty remarks. I appreciated seeing a more vulnerable side of her.

I just started to watch some of the bonus clips on the Project Runway site. I think for people to get the full picture, it's necessary to watch them. Laura's remarks are often being taken out of context. I don't think she is mean or nasty. A bit salty and direct, but never mean spirited.

For instance in the recycling challenge, we only see Laura address Vincent about his dress. In the behind the scenes clip, we find out that Vincent was saying his dress fit perfectly and he intended his model to walk (trip) the way she did. The other designers and everyone with eyes and a brain were incensed and leapt to Allison's defense. We only see Laura's remarks, probably because of Vincent's insane response to her.

I think that Laura has a beautiful spirit and seems kind hearted, more so than the others. Others may be nice, some are fake, a few are nasty, but she really is a true mother of the group.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I never took Laura's dry, sarcastic wit as really mean. I like someone who can cut to the point. She was nasty at Vincent that one time after the recycling challenge, but that's because she has two working eyes.

If only Allison hadn't used that hair bow...things would be very different now.
    It's interesting you mention that because Allison never intended the hairbow to be so large. She was shocked when she saw what the hair stylist had done. All in all, I don't think she deserved to be kicked off over Vincent. In the bonus clips, we see that Vincent didn't even create straps for the dress that we see the model wearing. And the model couldn't even walk in the dress. It's no wonder that Laura and the other designers were upset when he started boasting about his design.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    It was also sad for me to see Laura getting so down on herself in the last episode. She has come very close to winning so many times - but she would not know that. Her dress absolutely deserved to win this challenge. I'm happy that she finally got some recognition for her classy style. Now, if she can just keep her necklines a little higher going forward...
    It did make me sad too. She is my 2nd favorite in the show, Michael being my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I never took Laura's dry, sarcastic wit as really mean. I like someone who can cut to the point. She was nasty at Vincent that one time after the recycling challenge, but that's because she has two working eyes.

If only Allison hadn't used that hair bow...things would be very different now.

Yes it was too bad about Allison, I really liked her, and wanted to see more of her work.

And about her comment to Vicent in the recycle challenge, I did agree with Laura. However just because you see or notice something doesn't mean you have to comment on it. Sometimes there is a time to just keep your thoughts to yourself and be quiet. I really appreciated the way Kayne put the attention back on Allison leaving and telling her goodbye.

Ok I will now follow my own advice and keep my thoughts to myself and be quiet.

Thanks have a very good day.

It bothers me that the editing on the show was obviously skewed to give Laura a "Wendy Pepper" edit, including Keith's "bad mommy" comments and Jeffrey's "quacking".

No matter how many times it gets pointed out that she wasn't the only person going off on Vincent after the recycling challenge-- and that Vincent provoked it with his comments about his dress-- people insist Laura should've just kept her opinion to herself.

It really isn't fair to have shown her in the aired footage to be the only person venting, and getting rebuked not only by Vincent but by Kayne.

(Especially with that "now, I'm not telling you what to do" comment from Kayne, as if she was so out-of-control at that point she would've turned her anger on him).

Quote Originally Posted by SurrnderDorothy View Post
    It bothers me that the editing on the show was obviously skewed to give Laura a "Wendy Pepper" edit, including Keith's "bad mommy" comments and Jeffrey's "quacking".

No matter how many times it gets pointed out that she wasn't the only person going off on Vincent after the recycling challenge-- and that Vincent provoked it with his comments about his dress-- people insist Laura should've just kept her opinion to herself.

It really isn't fair to have shown her in the aired footage to be the only person venting, and getting rebuked not only by Vincent but by Kayne.

(Especially with that "now, I'm not telling you what to do" comment from Kayne, as if she was so out-of-control at that point she would've turned her anger on him).
    I definitely think that Laura has not gotten the most flattering edit. Case in point is the blatant omission of Catherine Malandrino's comments on Laura's couture gown. It was beautiful and well made and certainly did not belong in the bottom two.

FORT Newbie
    I live in LA & I see numerous kids with women who are obviously not their Mom's. And whenever I see a celebrity out with their kids there is almost always a nanny in tow. So, not uncommon.[/QUOTE]

Living the lifestyle that Laura lives (or what we percieve to be the one that she lives) she obviously has a nanny. But I think shes a pretty good mom. I mean she got pretty emotional in that bonus video and I noticed she said "I think this picture was taken in the park by our house where WE play". That and a couple of the kids were at fashion week.

I have never heard Laura say a mean spirited thing

FORT Fan
    I think anybody with common sense can tell that Laura is a lot nicer than they edit her to be.

Considering she's pregnant, hormones are raging, stress is high, her ankles are swollen, she's 42, working until midnight and getting only a few hours of sleep, surrounded by people that would drive a normal person insane, and dealing with a recent unfair shafting by the judges... I'd say she's pretty darn nice.

I thought this was interesting, a blogger asked Laura if she was drinking alcohol during ths show. The answer was no. Both Jeffrey and Laura were served non-alcoholic beverages.

+ Reply to Thread