+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Laura Bennett - Season 3

ugh I can't believe she is pregnant eww isn't she like 80

Quote Originally Posted by Flipsideboy90 View Post
    Good for her -- pregnant at 42 AND on a competitive show like this. The first three months of pregnancy are very tiring; I can't believe she can even keep up, especially having to fly internationally.

I could only hope to look that good... when I'm 80.
    Shaken, not stirred.

I like Laura a lot. She has won me over. Kudos to her for looking so good after being pregnant 6 times--I may not like her clothes per se or her make up, but she is making an effort--I have one child and another on the way and I do not ever feel like making that effort, but she actually looks put together. I am also amazed at how she can do this show pregnant--in heels as well. I find her rather endearing.

I mentioned this in the spoiler thread: I'm wondering about the timing of her pregnancy with Fashion Week. It's possible that the baby is due around the same time.

I wonder if the scenes in the promo for next week's episodes are hinting that she might drop out on her own from the pregnancy. I hope not, I'd love to see her in the F3. But it's a real possibility if the season taping happened when I think it did...feel free to correct me on that...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

It's interesting that Laura didn't seem to defend herself. One of the judges remarked, if her collar had been livelier it would have made the dress. Laura's dress looked beautiful in Paris. Interesting also, she was the only one who didn't have Catherine Malandrino's comments aired. I think that Laura's dress scored very well and the NY judges put her in the bottom 2 for drama. Her level of tailoring and craftsmenship and is impeccable.

In fact, contrast that with Jeffrey and Michael. Jeffrey's dress I've seen before. Vivienne Westwood, Galliano, McQueen. Warmed over and recycled. Of course he doesn't get called out on it....

Michael's dress was hideous. Looked like a high school project and the ruching was... ughh. On top of that, his design was so OFF. The Minnie Mouse ears bustline was a taste issue. How are Malan and Alison booted for one "misstep", yet Michael is like the chosen child.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

FORT Fogey
    I am sure Laura did mention the collar. Since we see an edited version and they already covered the collapsed collar, to avoid redundancy they did not go over that again.

FORT Newbie
    I really liked Laura through this season, but she's starting to wear on me a little. The Paris dress looked like something Cruela DeVille wore!

Besides, has anyone noticed that even though she's pregnant, she hasn't slowed down on the drinking? Last episode, she was drinking champagne. I didn't think too much of it until this week, when she was drinking champagne on the flight and red wine at dinner.

And yes, those were not non-alcoholic versions. You can tell that everyone there is drinking the same thing. Last season, Heidi would drink apple cider instead and you could tell she had something different.

Of course she feels terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipsideboy90 View Post

That's funny. I am 44 so I guess that makes me look 85.

Was she drinking alcohol? I couldn't make out whether whe drank champagne or not. I doubt she would considering her pregnancy.

In regard to her couture dress, I thought it was beautiful, dramatic and elegant. If Camille had walked in the un-crushed version, it would have been stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Butterflyy View Post
    I really liked Laura through this season, but she's starting to wear on me a little. The Paris dress looked like something Cruela DeVille wore!

Besides, has anyone noticed that even though she's pregnant, she hasn't slowed down on the drinking? Last episode, she was drinking champagne. I didn't think too much of it until this week, when she was drinking champagne on the flight and red wine at dinner.

And yes, those were not non-alcoholic versions. You can tell that everyone there is drinking the same thing. Last season, Heidi would drink apple cider instead and you could tell she had something different.

Of course she feels terrible.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Butterflyy View Post

I noticed that she had a glass but I didn't realize it was alcohol. Are you sure?

However, I thought it was hysterical when she was talking about having a 6th child as just "throwing another one on the pile."
    Shaken, not stirred.

+ Reply to Thread