+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Laura Bennett - Season 3

when they first started playing promos on Bravo the one that i kept seeing was Laura in one of her crazy dresses and crazy harsh makeup and i knew i'd either love her or hate her and i definately love her.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    I like Laura a lot, too. She's been my favourite since the beginning, for reasons I can't explain. I just really groove on her Mona Lisa smile and her quiet/sane manner.

Occasionally she is a bit mean-spirited but I agree. I love her elegance. High fashion is sometimes about the shock value rather than simplicity, clean lines, and chic construction. She is creating a body of work reminiscent of classic Chanel. Love it.
    Shaken, not stirred.

martini: That's what I thought too (I swear, I didn't see your post before I posted in the show thread LOL).

Now I'm starting to feel for Laura. Her snide smirks are gone when others fail... she's now expressing sympathy. Either she was getting the villain edit before Jeffrey began showing some despicable traits, (so the show then made him the villain & changed her 'character' to elegant mom) or, she has bigger things on her mind at this point in the show (like, being 3 mos. pregnant at age 42).

In this last episode, not only did her belly seem to grow three sizes (like the grinch's heart) since a short time before, but she also seemed to finally show exhaustion and well, her age (and that's not an age-ist comment; I'm older!). Being PG at her age is not easy, especially in hot weather and in such a stressful environment. No champagne and parties.

I truly felt sorry for her, when she had to make it up those subway stairs with swollen ankles. That was one long flight of stairs. ANyway - she seems suddenly all maternal... learning she was pregnant seems to have brought out her softer side.

That or, she was nice all along and the edits fooled (some of) us. I guess they could have spliced in some of those sneers at the 'wrong' time.

I actually really liked her gown last night. It wasn't my favorite, but I certainly though Michael's gown had more issues than hers'. And how Jeffrey won twice in a row is beyond me -- (the first outfit included a rhinestoned skull on a tee-shirt which is on the girl's side at hot topic, and his dress -- which I loved was still not as wearable, or couture as Uli's understanded elegance.)

I thought her comments about Kayne were very sweet (in between the rolling of the eyes!)

And Michael seems to like her so she can't be all bad!

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    I think Laura is beginning to burnt out from the stress of the competition and her pregnancy. I had thought she was a shoo-in for final four, but I'm starting to have my doubts.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

Quote Originally Posted by martini View Post
    Occasionally she is a bit mean-spirited but I agree. I love her elegance. High fashion is sometimes about the shock value rather than simplicity, clean lines, and chic construction. She is creating a body of work reminiscent of classic Chanel. Love it.

I like her clothes too, but she is too mean-spirited for me. I think that sometimes she should just keep her mouth shut. She sticks her mouth in situations it really doesn't belong in. But hey I guess it makes for good TV.

i really hope she just sticks aroudn for one more elimination cuz i wanna see her collection

I love Laura, she looks so classy, but let's go with some scathing remarks. LOL. And to work like that when she's pregnant? Kudos to her!

Did anyone notice the sign in Laura's work area in Parsons Paris?

"Fleurchamps"... haha.

Very witty!

+ Reply to Thread