+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Uli Herzner - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerSaysNo View Post
    Miss Diana Ross would demand to have her tata's supported, I most certainly assure you.
    I thought Miss Ross demanded to have her tata's left untouched. (By airport security, anyway.)

I think Uli is the only designer left with personality, and nobody takes her serious. I think she is a contender for the final 3.

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    I'm just thrilled to see that for the second week in a row the girl didn't do a halter!

She might be the dark horse this time around. Something tells me if she makes one crappy outfit she'll be Auf'd real quick since she's kinda quiet.

i love her and really want her to win. I loved her dress this week....
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerSaysNo View Post
    I'm just thrilled to see that for the second week in a row the girl didn't do a halter!

She might be the dark horse this time around. Something tells me if she makes one crappy outfit she'll be Auf'd real quick since she's kinda quiet.
    I guess I was wrong, because her last dress for the jet-set challenge was a brown-acid trip!

I like Uli's designs

I agree she does overdo it a little w/ the dresses. However I think that her eye for catchy chic prints makes up for what would otherwise be "too much of the same thing" I def. think that her looks are gorgeous overall.. She has made me want to wear dresses for more than just special occasions. Yes I live in florida, and perhaps (like the judges said on this weeks show) the dresses would only fit in in certain regions... but they are beautiful and creative none the less. Did we forget about the blazer she made for over the dress on the dog challenge? Or how about the outfit she did for the mom challenge? Yes her look involves prints and overall a "flowy" look... but b/c she does what she does best who can be mad a ther? There are others on the show who could be pinned the same way So I guess what I am trying to say is- If it looks good do it. Its obvious the woman is able to make blazers and pants etc.. So its not like she isnt knowledgeable- It just seems like her style leans more towards flowy dresses and yes halter type dresses at that... Do your thing Uli!!!!

I do like her gowns. She has a very specific point of view - kind of reminds me of Chloe Dao in that regard. She also seems to take a woman's body and comfort into account, though the clothing is still pretty.

I just worry that the judges are tired of seeing her scarves-sewn-together look. I hope she pulls something very different out for the next challenge, or her passport might get another stamp real soon.

I like her gowns as well. They're fun, flirty, and colorful. She seems like a really sweet and loving person, and I'd love her to make top 3.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Quote Originally Posted by katelyndn View Post
    Yes I live in florida, and perhaps (like the judges said on this weeks show) the dresses would only fit in in certain regions... but they are beautiful and creative none the less.
    I found it interesting that Uli was dissed for creating for a "limited" market (warm weather/tropical places) but Michael sailed through with a "Hampton's/HipHop" regional look and Jeffery designed for the (insert snark HERE) Global Rock Star customers that are omnipresent.

Whatever. Like any reality show, the judges have their little pets that can't do any wrong and then there's everyone else.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

The judging is indeed fickle and inconsistent. But the fact of the matter is so is the fashion business. And it's TV.

I was very surprised to see the judges criticize her jet-set outfit with "can we see something else?" after she made that gorgeous outfit for Kayne's mother and the strapless dress in the recycling challenge. Plus the cute little jacket for the dog challenge. She's won me over. Not my favorite, but most of her stuff is good.

I did like Jeffrey's outfit (even if it was very Hot Topic rather than Chrome Hearts) but do you know how many men, even "jet set" men would look ridiculous in that? Uli's outfit was more versatile. She missed the mark on mixing the patterns this week though. It looked like she rooted through a box of fire sale polyester scarves to make it.

+ Reply to Thread