+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Angela Keslar - Season 3

aga
    FORTified
    I think the situation with Vincent was a two-way street, but Angela's behavior at the beginning - spending time hovering over the other designers rather than sketching reallt turned me off.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    If Angela was really interested in having her ideas brought forward, she should have put them in her sketchbook before her "consultation" with Tara. She abdicated any right to input from the moment the 30-minute sketching period began and she spent her time soliciting partners instead of developing design ideas.

Furthermore, I think the whole partnering process was unfair. Vincent was an ungentlemanly jerk, it's true, but he got Angela by default when no one else wanted to work with her either. I believe Tim should have had two velvet bags: one with the names of the designers and one with the names of the "assistants." He should have taken turns drawing from each bag to create random pairings. (This goes for past partnerships as well.) Someone would still have had to work with Angela, but at least it would have been pure "luck of the draw."
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

I don't watch this show but saw this article in our local paper and thought y'all might be interested in it. It seems Angela is a local girl somewhat.
    Ohioan makes cut on ‘Runway’
    Wednesday, July 26, 2006
    Dana Moran
    THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

With the third season of Project Runway into its third week, Angela Keslar of Amesville is still in the running for America’s next great designer.

Keslar — a native of Johnstown, Pa., but an Ohio resident for the past seven years — graduated from Penn State University with a degree in integrative arts, concentrating on costume design.

She lives on a solar-powered organic farm in Athens County with her husband and a menagerie of animals.

Yet she’s no bumpkin: The New York Daily News has pegged her as both a "naughty farm girl" and an "egotistical" person.

Keslar was chosen to fill one of the 15 spots on Project Runway, a Bravo reality show through which aspiring fashion designers compete at the Parsons School of Design in New York for a 2007 Saturn Sky Roadster, a mentorship from Macy’s with the I.N.C. brand, $100,000 from TRESemme (for the launch of a clothing line) and a photo spread in Elle.

After initially trying out for the second run, she has emerged as one of 13 remaining in the third.

The season finale will be taped in September during New York Fashion Week, when the final three designers will showcase their collections. (The earlier segments were shot in May and June, with contestants required to keep mum about the results.)

The Dispatch caught up with the 33-year-old while she awaited a flight to Los Angeles for a Jane magazine party, in honor of the August cover with Runway host Heidi Klum.

Q: After the first challenge, what did you think about your chances of winning?

A: I was thrilled. For the first challenge I just wanted to be safe, and I was just so relieved. It was one of the best days of my life.

Kayne (Gillaspie, another contestant) and I were pretty much just on cloud nine that day, watching our stuff go down the runway. It was very memorable.

Q: Did any designers stand out as especially talented from the start?

A: Keith (Michael), Kayne, Michael (Knight), Alison (Kelly).

Alison’s body of work in general, and her personal style, definitely has its market.

Michael and Kayne, they were so innovative and so original. I thought, "Wow, you guys are really on the mark."

Keith just has that really sophisticated urban aesthetic; he really knows how to style his models.

Q: And did any make you wonder why they were there?

A: Oh, yeah, absolutely. I’m not going to say who. You’ll figure it out by the end of the show.

Q: On his Bravo blog, Runway mentor Tim Gunn referred to your first outfit as "clown clothes." Were you pleased with what you created for the first challenge?

A: During the second challenge, Tim Gunn made a point to come up to me and say, "Angela, your design for the first challenge was excellent." When I was creating it, he came up and said that he loved the back. What he said on the blog was completely 100 percent opposite.

Katherine said he did the exact same thing to her. He told her that he loved it and loved the coat, and that it was very mature and forward-thinking.

We didn’t know what to make of it. I adored him, so I was pretty crestfallen. I was going to post a response to it but then didn’t see the point, because not that many people actually read the blog.

Q: Living in an apartment with strangers, did you think your creativity was compromised because of cramped quarters or lack of sleep?

A: It did fuel my creative engine, but, on the other hand, the lack of sleep definitely was a challenge. I produced two things that I wish I could redo, but, other than that, I loved everything. I had to remind myself that these were not usual circumstances to be working under.

It’s almost like a game; it definitely takes personality and talent to get on that show. It definitely affects your outfit as a designer because it’s so highstress and you’re under the gun — literally with Tim Gunn.

Q: According to a newspaper report, you almost didn’t enter the competition again — but your brother changed your mind. What did he say?

A: My mom worked really hard to help us, to really help attain our dreams. She was a single mom, and she’s still struggling financially.

He said, "Ange, great things are going to come out of this, and we’re not going to have to worry about money again." He told me to think of it as not doing this for myself but doing it for Mom.

Q: What advice would you give to someone else seeking success on the show?

A: It absolutely has to do with your ability to embrace change and make sure that you are somebody who can embrace change at any given moment — and that you can be creative in your unparalleled stressful experience.

Also, bring all the tools that you possibly can because they don’t have anything there for you. Bring needles, scissors; bring multiple pairs of scissors because they’re going to get lost.
    http://www.dispatch.com/features-sto...726-F1-02.html

Thanks for the article, Unk. I had to laugh at this response about Tim Gunn's blog entries.

We didn’t know what to make of it. I adored him, so I was pretty crestfallen. I was going to post a response to it but then didn’t see the point, because not that many people actually read the blog.
    This is but one area where Angela is so wrong. Lots of people read Tim Gunn's blog. It's the highlight after the show. Silly girl.

I really, really hate her. I hope she gets auf'd tonite.

FORT Newbie
    we hope so too.

FORT Newbie
    i don't like her and she has no idea what she's doing
    in this show, she's been in the final 2 people elimination round for the
    past 2 episodes. malan and katherine def didn't deserve to go at all.

I just can't believe she didn't get auf'd! How many more tacky, raunchy bubble skirts do we have to endure?

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    The consensus here is that Angela is this season's Wendy Pepper/Santino Rice. She will consistently squeak by as the next-to-the-worst designer in challenge after challenge, just missing being auf'd by the skin of her teeth, and may even go to the final three (although I certainly hope not).

Her lack of taste is just an extension of her comment about Vincent's gown design being "too simple" and "not designer-y." Evidently, she has confused outrageousness with originality.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    I just can't believe she didn't get auf'd! How many more tacky, raunchy bubble skirts do we have to endure?
    I can't understand why the producers would want to keep her around, if that is what's going on. She is no Santino in terms of tv drama.

And yes, her dress sense is tacky and those skirts have got to go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast