+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 1/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post

Marla, Marla...let yourself go, girl! Tim thinks there might be a creative Marla buried in there somewhere - but, please - find her fast. [b]You know, you really should have been given the airy kiss-off along with Lupe.[b] Looks like they had budgeted to cut just one and bad design won out over knock-off bad taste.
    I am going to be annoyed if two designers get auf'ed next week just for the heck of it, when they could have done a double auf this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    And Emmett - When you entered the competition it was to prove that you could design women's coutiere. Why are you making excuses now? Have you decided you really should stick with menswear?
    Yeah, what's up with that? I couldn't understand why he would cast a shadow on himself.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

I did not agree with the decision ... then I saw the note at the end of the episode, which I had forgotten. Something like "The decision of the judges were determined by scores and show producers ... "

I liked Nick and Daniel's dress much more than Santino's. And now the real question of the week is ... "Will Santino's head be able to fit back into the apartment after his second win??"
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I liked Nick and Daniel's dress much more than Santino's. And now the real question of the week is ... "Will Santino's head be able to fit back into the apartment after his second win??"
    My thoughts exactly! I agree with one of the other posts that Nicky sided more with Santino's personality. Nick's dress was absolutely beautiful. Zulema's dress was different and I could see someone wearing it, someone with a much wilder streak.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Well due to the big virus that went around last week or so, I'm on a very slow computer now... and it takes forever to post... so my first reply about this show got eaten by internet gremlins. Sooo anyway. I will just say something different now since it's kind of all been said by now!

I re-watched this episode and noticed some random things.

Does Kara wear a hearing aid? In one shot of her sewing, she had either an earplug plus top of ear earring in one ear, or, a hearing aid - I even freeze framed it. Clear as day.

Marla... oh my I was annoyed with her this time around. The first time it seemed unconscious. But after hearing Tim's podcast, and watching the ep again... she's just plain being devious. Her overly emphasized "Which dress was that one - a Chloe?" and shocked expression to Nicky Hilton. Come ON! By that time Tim had told her ten ways from Sunday it was the same dress. In his podcast he said Marla's sketch was different but she tried to sneak past him at the fabric shop with that black fabric, and then made a dress just like the one in the photo.

So, to see her snap at Tim trying to warn her... then pretend to Nicky like she had no idea it was the same... then nod at the judges like yes, she knew she should've done differently... well then did she know or not know? Come on Marla, people aren't stoopid.

She reminded me of almost every wedding vendor I ran across in my own wedding planning... blatantly doing a shoddy job of it, pretending to listen to your objections, then doing as they please. All the while having the nerve to act insulted that you've even pointed this out... despite the fact of knowing better all the while and just being too uninspired or lazy to do what they're supposed to do.

Oh sorry, did I vent?

As much as Lupe annoyed me with her Emo impersonation, Marla the Xerox by all rights should've gone. Oh - and Zulema, how is she still here? Check out that crooked front seam.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Does Kara wear a hearing aid? In one shot of her sewing, she had either an earplug plus top of ear earring in one ear, or, a hearing aid - I even freeze framed it. Clear as day.
    I noticed that too, and I was pretty sure it was a hearing aid as well. I didn't freeze frame it, but noticed it while watching. I think she speaks a little like someone with a little hearing loss too, which is not noticable unless you have been around someone a lot who has hearing loss--hope that makes sense. It's a slight accent a lot of people with hearing loss will have.

I once dated a boy whose father was deaf and since then I tend to notice the accent in others as well. Depending on the hearing loss depends on how strong the accent will be.
    Last edited by justCoz; 01-10-2006 at 07:49 PM. Reason: fixing my mistakes!

FORT Newbie
    i noticed that too- i was thinking it was an ipod earbud thing and that the behind the ear effect probably was because of an earring at the top of her ear.
    She had no hearing aid in that ear in the scenes i saw in a rerun recently, so i'm reasonably sure she isn't hard of hearing- or at least not enough to warrant aids. Plus I don't know why she would whip out her hearing aids to work in the work room (she'd probably would rather tune them out) but not for the walk through NYC or for other situations that i would want to wear a hearing aid. (Though i will say that hearing aids are effective ear plugs when left in and turned off)

justCoz - I know what you mean about a certain type of intonation, yes. I have a family member who's profoundly deaf and wore a hearing aid all the time I ever knew her. It is a type of almost nasal sound to their voice. She did speak and could read lips very well. She never studied sign language, she had a very disadvantaged early life, etc.

When she didn't wanna be bothered by noise she left her aid out. Like when her then-teen daughter had a party.

I dunno why Kara might wear an aid in the workroom and not walking in NYC but maybe to hear what others said to her while working but not to hear distracting things like fire engine sirens etc. outside? Dunno. Maybe it was an Ipod I haven't seen the earpieces. If so she should watch it as those can tear up your hearing themselves.

She has a strange way with slang, too... "on step, on toe, on point(e)" - unless she was a ballerina... or "pull a miracle" leaving off "out of a hat", etc. I like her though. Even if she did sneeze on her fabric. LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678