+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    Why are all these designers so enamoured with straps? As tragic as Lupe's dress was, she was the only one that did a strapless number. Really? Nobody thought of like an off-the-shoulder or something different?

I can't say I really love any of the dresses -- even Nick's -- PR2 should have given the designers more time... It's simply unreasonable to try to make a great potty dress (sorry Heidi!) in a day and a half...

Random thought: As beautiful as Daniel V.'s dress was, it was more Kim Catrell than Nicki Hilton.

aga
    FORTified
    I agree with a lot of what Chorita Kaboom posted on the previous page.

In general, I thought there were too many asymmetrical skirts, what's up with that??? When the asymmetrical silhouettes kept coming up behind the screen, I kept saying, "Oh no, not that again."
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

aga
    FORTified

Pictures from Episode 5

Source: www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway_2

Andrae / Danyelle

Chloe / Grace

Daniel V. / Rebecca

Diana / Lesley

Emmett / Shannon

Guadalupe / Eliza

Kara / Eden

Marla / Cara

Nick / Tarah

Santino / Heather

Zulema / Rachael
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Thanks for posting the pictures, aga.

I think Santino designs tend more towards Tinkerbell than model or socialite.
    I guess the skirt on Zulema's dress is supposed to be off-center.?
    Cara looks very stiff, even for that dress.
    Gaudalupe's dress looks like it could be worn by a cross between Britney Spears and Avril Lavigne.

General fashion question:
    I've been hearing for years that the dress of bluejeans look was out, so why was Diana wearing that at the party? I don't like that look at all. I've seen it way too much.
    Last edited by rt1ky; 01-05-2006 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    The thing that bugged me most about Marla's was that she copied the design then altered it to make it look about as unattractive as possible. How can a stick figure model end up looking frumpy and/or pregnant? That took effort.
    Well, everyone in fashion needs a niche! Maybe this is Marla's.

Sorry, don't have much sympathy for someone who knowingly copies someone else's work. I know there's nothing really new in fashion--everything cycles in & out--but really ....

aga
    FORTified
    I judged the dresses by what I felt was best suited for the red carpet, as opposed to artistry. I do wonder if Nicky Hilton had an idea of the event (or type of event) she wanted the dress for, because the dresses ranged from casual to dressy, and I wonder if some of the dresses did not fit what she had in mind.

Andrae - This is an OK dress. Nicky probably wanted a dress with more pizzazz, but this would be a good look for her on a casual outing.

Chloe - This dress is too much like the Clothes Off Your Back challenge. I don't like the flounce on the skirt. There is nothing interesting about this dress. I really don't see how this dress made it to the top 3.

Daniel V. - I like this dress. This is the first thing of Daniel's that impressed me. It does seem like an "unforgiving" dress, so perhaps Nicky, even though she is quite thin, was afraid she couldn't pull it off.

Diana - There is no way that this dress should have made the bottom three and Zulema's didn't. Also, I think this dress had the same layered skirt effect that Santino's had, so why was this dress criticized? I like the bodice, quite a bit, except for the "strappity-straps" - simple spaghetti straps would have been better. Also, black was too severe. Isn't this the dress that was referred to as a Stevie Nicks' dress, that is a good characterization.

It is a good dress from an artistic standpoint, but not a good red carpet dress.

Emmett - I really liked this dress. Perhaps Nicky thought it was too mature for her.

Guadalupe - I haven't liked any of Guadalupe's designs, but the front view of this one is actually OK - including the trim and the sock-glove. The back of the dress is cringe-worthy. If the back of the dress was simplified, I think it would be a good dress for a rock starlet.

Kara - This dress is amazing! It is a "You Go Girl" - snap, snap dress. Personally, I think Nicky Hilton was intimidated by it. The only slightly critical thing I can say about this dress is that it could have gotten lost in the sea of black dresses. I noticed that none of the favored dresses were black.

Marla - Dreadful!!! And I am not even considering the knock-off factor. Actually, there was a sketch of Marla's at the beginning of the challenge that looked promising.

Nick - I liked this dress, especially the back. Personally, I think it would have worked better with a symmetrical hemline. If this dress was floor length, I could see Cate Blanchette wearing it - the highest possible fashion praise.

Santino - I really liked this color, even before Santino commented that he selected it to match Nicky Hilton's eyes. The bodice is not working for me - it is too, too much. Again, I can't see how this dress could be praised and Diana's criticized. I am surprised that Nicky Hilton is willing to wear something this "complicated".

Zulema - Ugh!!! Bad Concept. Bad Design. Horrible Fit. How did this dress get high enough scores to be "In"!

Top 3: Kara, Emmett, Nick and Daniel V. (tie)

Bottom 10: Guadalupe, Marla, Zulema, Zulema, Zulema, Zulema, Zulema, Zulema, Zulema, Zulema.
    Last edited by aga; 01-05-2006 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aga View Post
    Bottom 10: Guadalupe, Marla, Zulema, Zulema, Zulema, Zulema, Zulema, Zulema, Zulema, Zulema.
    That made my day.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

Really how different was Santino's dress shilouette different from Diane's, they both were fluffy and could make anyone one as if they have big hips. I really didn't think that Santino's dress was that different from his muslin baby doll. I thought Nick should have won. his dress was sophisticated and had a wow factor but I guess it was not to Nicki's taste. Daniel V is who surprised me I thought his dress was hot.

Now Santino continues to show poor sportmanship by dissing the Barbie doll winner, by saying that win was not as important as this one. He just can't be gracious. Hope it bites him in the butt.

If Marla has such poor skills how in the world did she get on the show. Has anyone seen her portfolio???? I honestly thought we might be seeing 2 people go home last night, both were equally bad.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I actually liked Emmetts dress. Simple, sweet...I was quite surprised.
    Daniel V. his dress was smokining besides his model Rebecca has a great figure.
    Ugh Zulema's dress was dreadful. It should have been her and Marla on the bottom.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Whoo hoo people. What an interesting ep. So honestly even though I thought Guadalupe’s dress was horrible, I still thought Marla should've gone home. She knew, KNEW she copied that darn dress. She was told by Tim (twice) Emmett and even discussed it briefly with Nikky at the party! And then to stand on that runway and act surprised?! Whatever. I am tired of Marla. I personally thought Nick's dress was better; more sophisticated and should've won. I think Santino does just what Guadalupe' does, over embellishes. Don't get me wrong, the dress was nice, but I thought Nicks was stunning. Also, Daniel V! WOW! Way to make that dress work. It was great! Chloe's dress was cute, but I'm very afraid she is going to fall into a place where all her clothes are "cute" but not quite enough high fashion. Zeluma's dress was hideous. Kara's was very cute. I especially liked the top. Emmett seems to be making the same dress each challenge and if he doesn't start making some changes he won't last. Diana's dress I thought would've been better without so many straps on the top and maybe a straight clingy skirt. Or the skirt with maybe a different top.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast