+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Emmett McCarthy - Season 2

I was so sad when Emmet left. Granted I didn't think he could.. nor would I have wanted him to win. But he was just so darn sweet and cute. I got misty eyed
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Loved his parting comment ("was it the shirt?")!

That was a nice way to leave, but it did make me wonder where this sense of humor has been hiding itself. He's seemed so stoic on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by alphacat View Post
    Loved his parting comment ("was it the shirt?")!
    That was a nice way to leave, but it did make me wonder where this sense of humor has been hiding itself. He's seemed so stoic on the show.
    agreed. I think he was overshadow by the more 'flashy guys'. We seemed to spend a lot of time in Santino and company's suite. My suspicison is that he had a lot of personality. The rest of the contestants seemed to like him.
    And dang it, I did too.

Question, who did he share a room with? Maybe he didn't have a "foil" to interact with?
    ]

The idea that Emmett's design was vulgar in any way was indeed ridiculous. If any of the outfits were 'vulgar', it would be Zulema's - not in the sense of 'indecent', but in that it was sort of Britneyish and common and made the model look poochy. Any design that makes a model look fat has something seriously wrong going on ... and the skirt part was poorly executed, and looked like one of those old-fashioned hip-camouflaging swimsuits.

Although, like Tim Gunn, I never saw Emmett getting to the final three, I think he really got the short end here. And while forced to wear a shiny hot pink poofy shirt, to boot! Oh the humiliation.

Question, who did he share a room with? Maybe he didn't have a "foil" to interact with?
    I'm pretty sure the one room of guys is still there... it's odd to me that the guys who've been Auf were all in the same room! So it was Emmett with Raymundo and whoever else was Auf so far, I think?? This is terrible but I can't even recall now who else among the finalists was Auf.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I'm pretty sure the one room of guys is still there... it's odd to me that the guys who've been Auf were all in the same room! So it was Emmett with Raymundo and whoever else was Auf so far, I think?? This is terrible but I can't even recall now who else among the finalists was Auf.
    I think there was a room with only one bed in it, and Emmet claimed it.

Emmett's roommates were Raymundo and Daniel Franco. In their apartment, he took the room with the single bed, as noted by Superbrat. Since his roomies are gone, he has the whole place.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I meant the same apartment. I was thinking of it like 'hotel room'. Sometimes I use the wrong word for what I mean. There were two beds outside and one bed inside I think. I can't recall if the same was true of the womens' rooms, I think those were two and two.

I do recall Emmett saying he was taking the single and no one was going to argue with someone six feet six. As easy going as he seemed he was adamant about that one point. Must like his privacy.

I forgot about Daniel Franco being in that room (apartment) isn't that strange. Well anyway they're all out now... I wonder if the show kind of put roomies together who might be Auf later? How about the women, were the Aufs mostly in one room (apartment)?

Okay, I'm watching ladies' figure skating at the Olympics right now and with all the tooty skimming li'l skirts I'm seeing, I am angered on Emmett's behalf! No way in all the circles of hell was his final design "vulgar."
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Okay, I'm watching ladies' figure skating at the Olympics right now and with all the tooty skimming li'l skirts I'm seeing, I am angered on Emmett's behalf! No way in all the circles of hell was his final design "vulgar."
    Yeah, its been mentioned more than once in other threads, I would have been GLAD to see just about any of the ladies wearing Emmett's design instead of what they actually wore. Michelle Kwan is one of the few skaters who has good taste (she wears Vera Wang) -- Sasha Cohen's outfit was gaudy and tacky, to say the least. I would much rather have seen Nick's, Kara's or Emmett's designs out there on the ice...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast