+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Chloe Dao - Season 2

I'm wondering about Santino now, too, what with Tim Gunn calling his tirade "lunatic fringe". Once Tim disapproves people usually don't last too long... do they?

Kara or Daniel V may be a dark horse. I notice in the ads that Kara's had a makeover - which may mean she's had some publicity training since the show. Remember when Wendy got into the final three, she took the time to revamp her 'do?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Chloe is the queen of the left handed compliment.

First, about Kirsten - "I didn't want Kirsten to leave. BUT I feel her leaving was correct. She was not the most talented."

Now, TO Daniel F - "You're such a good person. To me that is more important than being a great designer."

BWAH!
    She is a witch. She reminds of windy pepper. I can't wait tell she goes. I hate backstabbers who think they are funny breaking down people. I will have a ding dong witch dead party when she is eliminated. She needs to get a personality. Down with backstabbers.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Chloe is the queen of the left handed compliment.

First, about Kirsten - "I didn't want Kirsten to leave. BUT I feel her leaving was correct. She was not the most talented."

Now, TO Daniel F - "You're such a good person. To me that is more important than being a great designer."

BWAH!
    On Kristen
    I think Chloe is just being honest. She liked Kristen as a person but she didn't think she had what it took to stay. Nothing wrong with thinking that.

On Daniel F
    Daniel was kicked off as opposed to Santino because the judges thought that Santino at least had his vision and didn't create lame designs that looked the same (though I personally disagree with judges). So, the judges were saying that Santino was a better designer. I think Chloe is saying that even if Santino was a better designer than Daniel, Daniel still deserved more than Santino because Daniel is a better person than Santino.

Maybe I'm biased because I just love her! But hopefully some people see it my way too.

Quote Originally Posted by MFJC View Post

Maybe I'm biased because I just love her! But hopefully some people see it my way too.
    I don't think Chloe was out of line, either. Hell, this is fashion, and fashion is catty. I haven't seen anything from Chloe that makes me think she is a bad person.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    I see no problems with Cloe's criticisms. All the contestants are prompted by the interviewers to comment on all their fellow contestants, and Cloe's comments are always based around skill rather than childish putdowns (i.e. Santino). We've heard her saying that she saw Daniel's collection and liked his work, and combined with her genuine sadness over his departure, I doubt her "you're such a good person" line was a left handed compliment.

I never said she was a bad person. I do think she has a way of insulting and praising someone at the same time, though. I think once Daniel did what he did, she felt a bit guilty about it, and pulled back a bit, and also experienced some real emotion about the whole thing.

Like I've said in another post, I do also think the show sets up the designers.... I really disliked the "who would you choose to leave" dilemma, for instance. But also, they can't put words in the designers' mouths. And she said the statement TO Daniel F.

I don't think she was being mean and I think I said so. I do think she has a way of blurting out what she thinks unconsciously, and, it's not always such a good thing to say Or she may just be Miss Malaprop. Either way I don't get the feeling she's used to monitoring what comes out of her mouth. Just IMO that is not always a good thing.

I'm so glad Chloe wasn't cut last night as some people had predicted. She derserves to stay much longer! I think the fact that Nick and Emmet both wanted to work with her shows how easy she is to be around. She seems to be open to others' ideas and offer some of hers without being pushy. I really with Nick paired up with Chloe though because they are my two favorites on the show!

It would have been neat to see what Nick & Chloe would have come up with as a team. BUT that would've meant poor Emmett was foisted onto Santino, who would've traumatised him. It was kinder this way.

I may be alone in this but I'm so underwhelmed by Chloe.
    To me all of her designs seem to be 80's throwbacks, and I'm really tired of turquoise. And while I'm a fan of simplistic designs, I find hers to be very, very basic.
    She seems nice enough though.

Chloe is actually my favorite of the show. Her designs are very cool and different. Plus, I loved her iceskating one last episode.

+ Reply to Thread