+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Episode 9 portfolio

I don't know. Watching the show, I actually liked all the designs, but now looking at the stills, I have to agree with the Judges. Maybe if we put Jay's skirt over Kara's pants, and Wendy's top over Jay's skirt, and wrapped Austin's billowing open skirt over the whole mess, they might have had a winner.

TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

i liked wendy's, it was flirty and fun.
    Austin's looks like something i have seen before
    i like jays it was a cute twist on a coctail dress
    i don't care for kara's

I'm watching the Grammy Awards now, but I haven't seen Nancy O'Dell yet, although it looks like Pepper got to Star Jones as well.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by starlette01350
    I'm watching the Grammy Awards now, but I haven't seen Nancy O'Dell yet, although it looks like Pepper got to Star Jones as well.
    Star Jones doesn't need Wendy Pepper to ruin her-- she's already a walking train wreck.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Can someone post a picture (or a link) to Nancy O'Dell in the dress ???
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I'm starting to think she didn't show up. I haven't found any pictures of her at all.

H2O
    I wonder if Austin had made his "over skirt" short if that would have saved him.

Watching the Grammy Red Carpet shows last night there were a lot of long dresses as well as short. I must say several ladies did wear glamour dresses.

There are always glam/long dresses at the Grammys. Destiny's Child, Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Janet, etc. can usually be counted on to go down the glamour road. Austin's dress would've fit right in. Nancy O'Dell I guess just didn't think it was her taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellaluna
    I'm starting to think she didn't show up. I haven't found any pictures of her at all.
    Nothing on Getty Images from the Grammy's. Most recent is from the SAG Awards. Maybe she hated them all so much she ditched the whole show.

I didn't like any of them. I have to agree with the judges, underwhelmed. Nothing original in the bunch. Autin's looked unfinished or as my 12 yo said "Like a bunch of scarves all tied up together." If I had to pick one, it would Wendy's but only from the waist up. Maybe if we could put Wendy's top on Jay's skirt ... hmmmmm.
    I think Kara will win. She has shown the most talent overall. I can definitely see her being a desinger to the stars someday.
    "The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the stars."

Peter Diamandis, X Prize Founder

Bottom line: None of the outfits were works of art for a simple reason: None of the designers had any reasonable amount of time to design them, as has been the theme of the series. Real Grammy dresses are probably designed over several days by people who have had sleep. Given the circumstances, I think the outfits were pretty good. The show is a joke in that the contestants never get a chance to do show off their designing skills, in my opinion. This is like watching promising jugglers who have been told juggle with one hand and only three fingers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast