+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Week ***MAJOR SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Remember yesterday when someone posted anonymously that Jay is eliminated? Probably a last-ditch effort at throwing some confusion our way.
    I agree, the new articles suggest that Austin is the "surprise elimination". One of the articles stated that he wasn't present during the filming and he's the only designer without a Project Runway model in his show. Also, his red quilted dress was already shown during the Project Runway launch back in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    I agree, the new articles suggest that Austin is the "surprise elimination". One of the articles stated that he wasn't present during the filming and he's the only designer without a Project Runway model in his show. Also, his red quilted dress was already shown during the Project Runway launch back in November.
    Honestly I'm all for it, I'd have to quote Klum here! Austin has freak and drama queen written all over him. I don't care if he gets eliminated now or after Wendy as long as Jay and Kara are the final two!

Wendy is the overall weaker designer, with a far less likeable personality, but I don't particularly care, either. Never keen on Austin... His tastes are peculiar. I can't believe he used The Declaration of Independence as inspiration, and then literally went Colonial.

I guess I was expecting more from Jay? Does anyone else feel the same way? Jay is my favorite. Within the challenges, he always manages to make a impression; I guess I was expecting to love, but I only like. For example, I really don't know what to think of the hot pink feathery dress Julia is wearing.

FORT Regular
    Wendy is by far the weakest and I am shocked they would let her in the final three.

Although I strongly believe that Wendy should be the one eliminated (and should have been eliminated long ago), I would be much less disappointed if Austin were elimated instead of Jay. Austin has frequently been criticized for being too costumey. He has had a few flops along with a few standouts (the cornhusk dress and his BR dress). Although Jay has never won a challenge, he has been a very close second countless times. He seems to receive fairly light criticism and he has been able to maintain his own unique style while fulfilling the requirements of the challenge at hand. If it comes down to Jay vs. Austin, I really hope Jay makes it through.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

From the looks of it, all that criticism of being too costumey went in one ear and out the other. Austin's final collection is more costumey than anything else he designed in the show.

I liked Jay's more when I read a little about his overall concept. I think he could really give Kara Saun a run for her money here.

You know what I like best about these spoilers? These photos are way better than anything we've seen from the Bravo website. For once we really get a good look at the designs.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

It looks increasingly like Austin is the surprise elimination next week, which is really too bad. Partly because even though he is so over the top in some of his designs and his concepts, he did have some really nice stuff, the corn husk dress, his tea party dress, his bathing suit. Partly because he seems like a really nice young man, the kind of good sport who would help out a competitor, even though if Jay had been eliminated instead of Robert, it would have practically guaranteed him a spot in the final. And partly because Cruella de Skunk is not only a dreadful designer, but a thoroughly rotten human being, and I hate to see her triumph in that way over her former friend.

The only good thing about La Cockroach making the final three is she can't go through life saying or thinking that if she'd only have made it to the final three, she could have been a great designer. She made it, and it looks like her collection has been universally derided. Not only have her designing skills been mocked, but her seamstressing skills have been questioned. I can't imagine any designer, or even a clothing mass marketer significantly downscale of Banana Republic, being interested in hiring her after seeing her collection, her work or her behavior on Project Runway. I can't imagine her own business will see an *increase* in customers from this. I guess her bad karma punishment is there's nothing like being publicly humiliated in front of an exponentially wider and more knowledgeable audience.

Closet Fan, you are inspired. Your points about Wendy will likely hold true. I feel a bit sorry for her; I try to imagine that she was taken out-of-context, but it seems impossible. I really didn't know people her age ever acted so unashamedly nasty. If you're going to scheme your way to the top, at least keep it to yourself!

I have to agree with you Closet Fan. Although Jay and Kara are better than Austin, I think during the show he performed far better than Wendy. His designs were consistently better than hers.
    He deserved to go to Fashion Week as the final three...sadly, I don't think he did.
    In the end however, if Wendy was in the final three with Jay and Kara that means Wendy won the battle but lost the war.
    Kara no doubt is number one for project Runway.
    Jay was acclaimed during fashion week and will make it on his own.
    Austin, even if eliminated, has enough charm and raw talent to continue designing. Sure, Austin may not make it now but give him a couple of years to grow.
    Wendy on the other hand will go back to where she came from. I don't expect to hear much from her in the future.

BTW, Austin looks so cute without makeup at Fashion Weelk standing with his models. Someone needs to tell that kid that if he lays off the lipgloss he actually becomes a handsome young fellow.

Can't stand Wendy. I can't really believe that she'd make it to the final 3 ahead of Austin, regardless if he had an "off night". She's a nightmare, and I hate the smirk on her face when another designer is being ripped by the judges.
    Kara should have this one in the bag, with Jay and Austin immediately following. Wendy should have flown away weeks ago.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread