You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Jay
    [IMG]images/img/1ep6jay.jpg[/IMG]

Kara
    [IMG]images/img/1ep6kara.jpg[/IMG]

Kevin
    [IMG]images/img/1ep6kevin.jpg[/IMG]

Robert. Really, the quality of these pictures is shameful. Bravo, if you're listening, surely you can do better.
    [IMG]images/img/1ep6robert.jpg[/IMG]

Wendy
    [IMG]images/img/1ep6wendy.jpg[/IMG]

I agree Hepcat. Thanks for posting them anyway. I have to actually give it to Austin this week's. I really LOVED his suit. Not crazy about his model, but I LOVED the suit. I disagree with Alex going home though. Kevin's wasn't even a bathing suit. Just because the skirt was made of neoprene? COME ON judges!! Is it because he has more "experience". Lately, his designs have been horrid. :phhht

I'm not sure about the execution, but I thought what Kevin was after was actually pretty cool. Like Heidi, I thought the top was cotton, so when Kevin pinched it and showed that it wasn't, I was very intrigued. Loved the idea of the scuba skirt. His outfit was one of the few that you could actually swim in, and then wear clubbing without screaming "I am wearing a bathing suit!" I'm not usually impressed by Kevin's designs - far from it - but I didn't think he deserved to be bottom 2 this week.

Jay's suit high-kicks ass. Best of the week as far as I'm concerned...but dude has got to strike right-wing words like "feminazi" from his vocabulary. Gross!

Austin did better than he has of late, but I'm not loving it. I don't like that sheer material at the bottom, the weird cut makes it look like some kind of crotch napkin. Austin is great tv, though.

Alexandra- I'll concede that this design was not original at all. But, I still like it, and it's one of the few that I would actually wear. I was sorry to see Alexandra go.
    Austin- I see why this won. It has that old glamour element that Austin likes while still remaing pretty and modern. Also Melissa was a good choice for this type of suit. She (and maybe Olga) are the only ones I can see pulling it off.
    Jay- I like it. Very modern and sexy. But, I'm not sure it's all that original.
    Kara- Not Kara's best work at all. The shawl was pretty, but overall I thought it was just dull. And white bathing suit with ladylike shawl doesn't scream hot industry party to me.
    Kevin- I'm sure I'm alone here, but I really liked Kevin's design. The scuba skirt was a really clever idea, and I think without the skirt, the shirt actually looked like it could be a functional swimsuit.
    Robert- This was just ugly. It didn't fit Olga at all, and the two stripes just looked plain awkward.
    Wendy- Not awful, but this really doesn't look like a bathing suit. She also should have been held responsible for not making a bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by turntotheleft
    Austin did better than he has of late, but I'm not loving it. I don't like that sheer material at the bottom, the weird cut makes it look like some kind of crotch napkin.
    What a visual!
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

My top three:

1. Austin
    2. Jay
    3. Kevin

I agree with Gemma about Austin's design. Some of those girls are just too skinny for bathing suits, but Martinique and Melissa have great bodies, and it showed. Martinique practically saved Wendy who, as usual, had a great idea (to make her model look like a bird of paradise) but just could not deliver on it.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    For the first week ever, I didn't like Kara's design. It didn't fit her model correctly in the rear, and it is just uninspired. The wrap was pretty, but even I can get a piece of nice fabric and put some fringe on it. Alexandra's was the same to me -- nothing original there. BUT I really think Robert should have been voted out. The top was so poorly fitting and the stripes down the sides are tired.

I thought Austin's and Wendy's were pretty (though she should have been able to do a better bottom!), and Jay's was cool (but looked very late-80's to me, like I'd seen something very similar before). Of all of them, I'd pretty much only wear Kevin's though. If that top was made from sun blocking material, it'd be perfect. I can burn--especially on my shoulders--in like 30 minutes of sun, so any cover-up is great. And it covers but still has a flirty-ness to the top.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast