+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Episode 6 Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    Austin NAILED it!!! I'm so serious when I say that I want his bathing suit!!!
    Would you wear a high leg line and thong? I'm just wondering. Nothing would be wrong with it, but I've never seen a swimsuit in a similar cut, even in California. I know designers often have runway versions and selling versions of any given piece, though. And wearability isn't all.

My family doesn't own a yacht, but I would wear Kevin's design kayaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Would you wear a high leg line and thong? I'm just wondering. Nothing would be wrong with it, but I've never seen a swimsuit in a similar cut, even in California. I know designers often have runway versions and selling versions of any given piece, though. And wearability isn't all.

My family doesn't own a yacht, but I would wear Kevin's design kayaking.
    Sure! Why not? At a posh beach party where people are posin' to be chosen and sipping fru-fru drinks! I'd be the Belle of the Ball!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

The auction is over today, and for a while Jay was lagging in the $50-60 range, but now he is neck-to-neck with Austin again. Austin's is going for $206, JAy's for $204. But it begs the question... that much for a bathing suit? Let me ask the girls here, what's the most you would pay for a bathing suit?

Another thing I noticed about the auctions is there seems to be more than just casual fans buying this stuff. For example, last week one person bought both Kara and Wendy's dress, which combined I think was like $1800. Maybe it was a copyist or a dressmaker?

Auction
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    The auction is over today, and for a while Jay was lagging in the $50-60 range, but now he is neck-to-neck with Austin again. Austin's is going for $206, JAy's for $204. But it begs the question... that much for a bathing suit? Let me ask the girls here, what's the most you would pay for a bathing suit?

Another thing I noticed about the auctions is there seems to be more than just casual fans buying this stuff. For example, last week one person bought both Kara and Wendy's dress, which combined I think was like $1800. Maybe it was a copyist or a dressmaker?

Auction

I still think, if I had the money, I would buy the outfits just in the hope that whoever wins, or even some of the others (think about American Idol... even the losers have been winners... Clay Aiken...) break into the "big time." I mean, can you imagine owning an original Vera Wang from her days starting out? What would that bring on ebay??
    And honestly, the ho-hum bathing suits I buy on Land's End are $78. You boys have it easy... and cheap... when it comes to clothing. Oh sure, a suit costs a lot, but you buy two and you're done until you marry. Then your new wife contacts Carson and the Queer Eye team to make you over for free!
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234