+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 12/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Premium Member
    The whole model elimination contest bothers me. So far, it seems rather unscientific, and completely random as to which model is left standing each week. Are we supposed to presume that the best models will be chosen first by the designers each time? Actually, I think the 'favourite' models get chosen first, not necessarily the 'best' models. Of course, it would be funny if the designers starting getting together each week to plan on which model to vote out, hehe. Kind of like a game within a game. At any rate, I think they should let the designers choose their models in the order the desginers placed in the competition the week before.

And since apparently they are only going to be having these female models to work with, I wonder if when they were doing the contestant search for the show that they let the designers who were applying know they would be designing clothes specifically for women, and that designers of men's clothing need not apply? Seems to me if someone were hoping to be the next designer for Calvin Klein or Hugo Boss and had focused all of their education and efforts on men's clothes, they would not fare so well on this show, no matter how skilled they were.

I was noticing last night when they would have interviews with the designers, they showed the last names of each one except Starr. I wonder if she's afraid she won't be able to get another job once people see her on this show? From her body language and interactions with everyone, I find it hard to believe she's an attorney (even though in her bio she claims to be very assertive). I like her, but I don't see her going much further.

I like Vanessa's designs well enough, but it's starting to irritate me seeing her wearing her name on her t-shirts 99.8% of the time. Yes, we know you have your own 'label', but truth is, anyone can put their name and hometown on a t-shirt, heh.

This week, I liked Robert's design the best - once I saw the pin-striped suit outfit, I totally knew he was going for the penis envy theme, whereas I couldn't tell what sort of envy the other outfits were supposed to represent without being told. And he did well interacting with the bidders, so I would've placed him first this week. But then, really, what the heck do I know about the fashion world?? (hint: nothing!) :santasmile

hi BEARCATA
    I agree Wendy is so funny thinking she is "playing" the other contestants
    Give me a break, everytime she pops a pimple she has to go crying to someone about it! Austin looked like he was about to say "bitch, i don't give a damn" when she was talking about having to "expose her weaknessess." and then she claims to be ashamed of "exploiting her motherhood" -- you so crazy wendy, nobody cares!
    looks like she's trying too hard to be a good reality show contestant and not hard enough to be a good designer.

hi MOZZ
    I'm so glad somebody else is interested in the rules. I posted my long series of questions on lobeck's recap thread yesterday, but one of them was about the model competion. I love your idea about a competition within a competion. it makes sense for the models to have an important role, since that is heidi's backgroud.
    also i'm thoroughly confused about why the contestants are not ranked from 1 down instead of just the winners and losers being identified. having the winner chosen by the customers rather than the panel didn't make it clearer. :rolleyes
    oh well its still fun and god knows there have been much more egregious examples of reality shows with nonsensical rules -- paradise hotel anyone?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011