+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jay - The Wildcard

Jay has been a favorite of mine since the beginning, just thought I ought to say it in his thread! I love his style, and he's consistently been able to translate it into the challenges at hand, while never betraying his personal taste. If he doesn't win (and I have a feeling he won't), I'll be pretty disappointed.

How many times now have Jay had a top design? Yet he's never won a challenge. The second-place curse...

Come on baby, pull it through. He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named didn't deserve the Page Six mention, you did. I know you have what it takes to win this.

I have dreams of Jay (how scary is that?) and we're shopping. Jay makes the show for me. He is like Luke Skywalker, going with the Force, saving the day. The Hero. He's fabulous.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I love Jay!!
    His comments really make the show. I think he is going to be "in" the scene of fashion no matter what the outcome of the show is. I loved that he brought up the dilemma of selling his work to the judges. Even though he was not satisfied with it he knows that you have to sell it no matter what. It is this aspect that is going to take him far. He and Austin are selling themselves every second. I think this is why it was so close between them last week. They really sold themselves at that party and got the attention.

Jay might not win, but everything he does screams couture. Well, maybe not the 2055 dress, he really was at a loss there, even though it was right up his alley. But that bathing suit was fabulous. Not practical, but design wise it rocked. Kara Saun might win because she is way more polished. She will obviously work well with the Banana Republic team. But Jay is an artist. I love Austin, but there is no edge or humor to what he does. Go Jay!!!

If I were to criticize Jay for anything, it would be out of pure concern. Obviously, he is my favorite. Not only do I want to make him my personal fashion slave, I think he is a really awesome person. He's very sensitive, which is why he does so much masking with his personality.

First, I would say he needs to pay better attention to his health. He smokes, drinks, eats junk food, and probably doesn't respond to stress very well. I would hate to see diabetes or heart disease shorten a potentially bright career.

Second, Dick Johnson, though he is a richard, sort of hit it on the nail when he asked Jay about his ability to navigate the business waters. Jay does not like the business side. I came across this article with Jay, and was saddened by how he sounds sort of scared to pursue the business side of it. He showed the same behavior at VanDam and at the party for Page Six. He's uneasy selling himself, probably perferring the designs to sell themselves, which they do fabulously. But like how he cut off interaction with Richard Johnson way too early, and how he felt uncomfortable at VanDam, Jay doesn't like to be in the business spotlight. If anything prevents us from ever seeing a Jay McCarroll collection, that might be it.

Otherwise, I just wish I could track this boy down. I know he does stuff with a vintage store called Outrageous, in Shavertown, Pennsylvania, but I am on the Westside of things so a visit won't be coming anytime soon.

FORT Fogey
    Jays awesome. His design this past week was incredible!

Potential Spoiler (From the Preview, so not actually a spoiler, but whatever)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jay pees his pants in the new episode, and his model (Julia) is way late and he resorts to checking the streets for models. Oh, the New Blonde in town is taking over the throne!

I thought it was funny when Wendy named Kara and Austin as the strongest designers and hoped the third space could be for her. I guess the others don't see Jay as a threat, because he's never won a challenge, but really he's been more experimental than Kara and more consistent than Austin.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Jay's designs remind me so much of Richochet's (A very famous New Zealand designer). It's bold and edgy.

I like him but I am just not a huge fan of his designs.

Here's a sweet little article about Jay.

'Project Runway' a boost for Phila. U. grad

Wendy over Jay? WTF???!!!!???????

+ Reply to Thread