+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Kara - The Professional

The one thing that kind of bugs me about Kara is she seems to have a chip on her shoulder. When she wasn't selected by Sarah for the Rock Challenge, she played the gender card for why she wasn't chosen. It's not too big of a deal, just a little annoying.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    When she wasn't selected by Sarah for the Rock Challenge, she played the gender card for why she wasn't chosen. It's not too big of a deal, just a little annoying.
    I actually thought Kara had a semi-valid point and was surprised she had guts to say it. But you're right: It's always better to look at yourself for improvements first, and I can't recall any proof that she's capable of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOf1000Cats
    She's totally going to win I think.
    I'm starting to have that suspicion, too. And while I vastly prefer Jay, I don't think it would be an unfair choice.

We didn't hear much about it during the episode, but Tim Gunn did not like her suit:

KARA
    Kara Saunís design disappointed me. Correspondingly, she displayed more ambivalence in her design process than I have seen in her to date. She is always very thoughtful, but sheís also decisive. How could a swimsuit derail her? She began with a classic "Kara Saun" outfit, and as I passed by her workspace I wore a smile of confidence. But then she edited and edited and edited until we were left with a basic and unexceptional effort. What happened? She was worried about being "too Kara Saun" and concerned that her initial design wasnít sexy enough. Thankfully, she had immunity from her win of last week, so I didnít have to worry about the possibility of her elimination. Admittedly, the swimsuit was good, but bring back our Kara Saun!
    http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runwa...s_Take_2.shtml

I didn't notice it until I looked at the tape, but the bikini bottom did not fit the model well. It was almost baggy in the front.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I must agree with Tim. Kara's design was very very basic. I could probably go into any department store and find the exact same one.

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gemma
    I must agree with Tim. Kara's design was very very basic. I could probably go into any department store and find the exact same one.

While true... I don't think a mediocre design is going to knock Kara Saun off of her winner's podium anytime soon.

Secretly I want her to fail - cause then Jay would basically walk right up into the grand prize. But I do enjoy Kara Saun.

FORT Regular
    Kara in my opinion is the most talented person there. Her designs are amazing. they look unique but yet wearable. I mean I see some designs that are so out of this world I couldn't imagine anyone wearing it.

I loved her design for this week. It looked really futuristic and I loved when the judges asked her about the versitility aspect she was able to open the coat up and show them right there what they wanted to see. Kara Saun is just a smart cookie. She is always anticipating the next move (twist). She led the group this week more than Kevin and seemed like a natural at it. One thing bugged me and that was when they asked about Kevin's leadership. She gave a very positive answer, which is what you want to do in any kind of interview, but it seemed like she was not really answering the question.

FORT Newbie
    I just love Kara's designs. I could see her having her on line of clothes. She definetely going to be in the final 3.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Love
    I loved her design for this week. It looked really futuristic and I loved when the judges asked her about the versitility aspect she was able to open the coat up and show them right there what they wanted to see. Kara Saun is just a smart cookie. She is always anticipating the next move (twist). She led the group this week more than Kevin and seemed like a natural at it. One thing bugged me and that was when they asked about Kevin's leadership. She gave a very positive answer, which is what you want to do in any kind of interview, but it seemed like she was not really answering the question.
    Maybe she knew she was safe, and didn't want to criticize Kevin because she felt others should go before him. Just a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Love
    Well, the problem was, if she had really answered the question, there was nothing positive she *could* have said, given what I've divined as to her opinions regarding Kevin and his leadership. And she was clearly determined not to go negative, either because if he survived, she might have to deal with him later, or because it might prompt commentary against herself from him in response, or because of the lessons of the last group challenge. Nora sniped at Kevin, Kevin sniped back, and Nora ended up going home. Kara Saun is smart enough that she had to have known what kind of jeopardy she might place herself in by going negative -- look at Wendy, she clearly turned the judges off by her over eager criticism of Kevin, even if they agreed with at least part of her comments.

+ Reply to Thread